Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
its wide open like miami and coke dealing in the 70s

and when the robots come, it sure would be a shame if their tool bag came up “missing” :shaq:

of if they were to be hit with a certain amount of voltage out of nowhere :shaq: were to “short circuit” :shaq:

or were to “fall out” of a moving vehicle or a tall building :shaq:
Just wait until the robot takes you to HR for harassment :pachaha:

Oh, and that HR will be replaced by AI:damn:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
It’s so fukkin crazy, you see postings saying able to deal with ambiguity and make decisions quickly is code for figure this shyt out.

This is my third tech company and they don’t onboard you for shyt, not on systems, their processes, or workflows. When you for documentation it’s half assed or doesn’t exists.
or you can be me and be pressured to make workflows and documentation for a company when you are only 2-3 months in. Also on top of still trying to understand the proccess of everything while trying to get it done by deadline.:francis:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s so fukkin crazy, you see postings saying able to deal with ambiguity and make decisions quickly is code for figure this shyt out.

This is my third tech company and they don’t onboard you for shyt, not on systems, their processes, or workflows. When you for documentation it’s half assed or doesn’t exists.
That's so unprofessional . Is this a start up? :picard:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

With the job I'm at now for the first year and a half I literally had no responsibility or work to do. There was no documentation. The existing people in the department were clueless. Then the second I started getting some responsibility they started trying to dump all their work off on me. These two women especially who can't answer basic questions about projects that they were dead in the middle of.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
or you can be me and be pressured to make workflows and documentation for a company when you are only 2-3 months in. Also on top of still trying to understand the proccess of everything while trying to get it done by deadline.:francis:

Once this senior PgM started talking about trial by fire. I started scheduling meetings with every stakeholder. It’s only my second week but no I’m already coming up with my own action plan and refining processes.

If they don’t have shyt documented own that process and make that process work for you.

That's so unprofessional . Is this a start up? :picard:

Fortune 500 company. I’m realizing these companies don’t care about support roles like Project Manager or Delivery Manager when it comes to onboarding or knowledge management. Only the devs/engineers count.

My previous job was the same thing but I had global counterpart and each one said, “I was so lost until you provided that workflow and processes PowerPoint.”

Nokids

Promise if I have a seed imma guide him right
Daps
Reppin
Just had a recruiter call me about a 7/11 corporate job. He said they’re planning on doing 5 days a week onsite.

Turned him down since I just got a remote job but yea the 5days are coming back

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just had a recruiter call me about a 7/11 corporate job. He said they’re planning on doing 5 days a week onsite.

Employers are going to bring workers back to the office as they have all the leverage now. Workers had leverage for 18 months out of decades.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps

I know data is hated here but the data says the opposite:

And even those with RTO mandates, are largely being ignored by their workforce according to studies.
I get hit up for remote roles routinely.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Man, it's like somebody put it once: most CEO's aren't interested in saving the world, making the best product, taking care of their employees, etc. They're interested in money: making it and saving it.

Bright people working at these companies come up with novel, great and clever ideas all the time but they get ignored because it won't make money (immediately). Some people even give warning that there are some serious holes right in the product that need to be fixed or need to take time to improve an inefficient process for long term gain down the road, but nope: must make as much money as possible right now.

Probably because they want to sell the company/be acquired and cash out.
shytty codebase that needed refactoring to scale? Next CEO's problem.

I also think about that one girl recently who was laid off from Cloudflare after 3 months because she didn't clear numbers or whatever (one month being December when it's slow). shyt was such an unfair shake but then the CEO goes on social media, starts spinning it, compared her to CP3 and of course bootlickers (or their damage control team) start kissing his ass.

Shady shady people.

A lot of these companies don't operate like a "normal business" where they have to turn a profit, or ROI, or whatever, which is well known, but the CEO part, i wasn't as aware of until I read an op ed last year about that AA airline meltdown, and how it's common practice for CEO's to just pass that off to the next CEO, because the investment of funds into new or updated technology would result in less dividends, bring down the share price, so all he has to do is steer the ship through, cash out and move on.

and yes, what has been forgotten, somewhat, in the last 15 years of tech/business/recessions, is that the primary thing is CAPITAL. All this high minded, histrionic prose about changing the world, and making a difference, and helping "creators", disrupting the Taxi business, "connecting" people, whatever it is, is all bullshyt. Maybe it started like that. But, that's why these apps/products always change, because they are scaling up first, then pivoting to develop profitability. So, they start off as one thing, Facebook, Uber, Instagram, Tik Tok, but always end up somewhere else.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
a lot of these places are doing that so people can quit voluntarily

yeah RTO mandates are failing because people either just swipe their badge and go home for tracking purposes or quit but remote/hybrid work isn't shrinking.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man TRAINED and EDUCATED techs literally Die / damn near die in the field

Im being honest when i say ai not helping you with none of this stuff fam

that being said I do recognize that robots plus ai in 15-25 years will def be able to do some stuff no doubt
Do you have any automation experience? Because if you did you’ll realize you should never say never. Or put too much faith in any one thing. There are people out there working diligently to automate as much as possible.