Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They'll be rare/less common, but they'll be really good at what they do and word gets around about them.

Can't escape the concept of competition unfortunately. This is just a note to say don't fight against technology, embrace it because your competition will.
True but in one city they not doing over a certain amount of calls in a day and guess what, techs are human at the end of the day, they not gonna work 365 days fam, alot of em gonna hit a certain mark and then chill

trust me fam, usa is too big, shyt breaks every where every day, and the ones that will be great with both with be so rare, too much work to go around, political forces + robot sabotaging will intervene

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
nah im def not man im not even 2/3 done and i can see this is a wide open field frfr

people reading this need to hear me loud and clear

if you go to a trade school with a respectable head of the program / president with hella experience

and show up 10 mins early every day and do all of the work, you are already ahead of 95% of other new people

you will gain lifetime connections, opportunities, and respect from OGs and Peers in the trade…

Go get it before people flood those schools when ai hits hard :salute:

Honestly great career I know a guy who has been in hvac for years, he works for a company and then does his own side gig raking in dat dough

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
all of this talk further lets me know theres gonna be hella work :wow: watch this

some of the best guys in the field currently SUCK at working with computers

some of the guys that are average, cant either

folks that will be able to be great without robots and great with will be rare

so theres still gonna be hella work to go around

not to mention, if its one thing i know, is that these scumbags will sabotage those robots if a company brings them in

we are underestimating what cacs will do when they figure out robots “took their jerbs”

its gonna take 15-25 years minimum before i worry about them
You got any resources to know which are the credible HVAC schools? Was looking at this and/or becoming an electrician once I hit my FIRE number.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Honestly great career I know a guy who has been in hvac for years, he works for a company and then does his own side gig raking in dat dough
its wide open like miami and coke dealing in the 70s

and when the robots come, it sure would be a shame if their tool bag came up “missing” :shaq:

of if they were to be hit with a certain amount of voltage out of nowhere :shaq: were to “short circuit” :shaq:

or were to “fall out” of a moving vehicle or a tall building :shaq:

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You got any resources to know which are the credible HVAC schools? Was looking at this and/or becoming an electrician once I hit my FIRE number.
dm me and i’ll give you some great advice :salute:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
True but in one city they not doing over a certain amount of calls in a day and guess what, techs are human at the end of the day, they not gonna work 365 days fam, alot of em gonna hit a certain mark and then chill

trust me fam, usa is too big, shyt breaks every where every day, and the ones that will be great with both with be so rare, too much work to go around, political forces + robot sabotaging will intervene
I see what you're saying breh, but you got to look at the game inside the game: your competition in the field itself.

Some people may sabotage robots, but others won't as they'll see the opportunity to optimize and take work from people stubborn to change. People aren't going to not use tech because other people are resistant and want to chill.

Like basically every industry: you and other people in the trades are competing for the same jobs at the end of the day. Companies want to optimize and cut costs as much as possible and robots can do work 24 hours a day in-phase. Your competition will leverage that.

At the end of the day, there are some pretty smart people in this thread giving you a warning/heads up. You got to look at it from a higher-level.

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Also, thanks to MBA philosphy in the c-suites. A lot of these companies don't want to train up talent in the tech sphere, so the BS'ers who can overinflate their skills are usually picked. I know a decent amount of tech dudes who are high-up in their field complaining about this problem, and said they would have never made it in this tech market if they were fresh college grads.

It’s so fukkin crazy, you see postings saying able to deal with ambiguity and make decisions quickly is code for figure this shyt out.

This is my third tech company and they don’t onboard you for shyt, not on systems, their processes, or workflows. When you ask for documentation it’s half assed or doesn’t exist.

Last edited:

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I see what you're saying breh, but you got to look at the game inside the game: your competition in the field itself.

Some people may sabotage robots, but others won't as they'll see the opportunity to optimize and take work from people stubborn to change. People aren't going to not use tech because other people are resistant and want to chill.

You and other people in the trades are competing for the same jobs at the end of the day. Companies want to optimize and cut costs as much as possible and robots can do work 24 hours a day in-phase.

At the end of the day, there are some pretty smart people in this thread giving you a warning. You got to look at it from a higher-level.
i already agreed with them that 15-30 years they will be a force fam

im just saying based off of what I know, the GOOD techs will always have work

i got multiple ways to get money so i’ll be straight

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
It’s so fukkin crazy, you see postings saying able to deal with ambiguity and make decisions quickly is code for figure this shyt out.

This is my third tech company and they don’t onboard you for shyt, not on systems, their processes, or workflows. When you for documentation it’s half assed or doesn’t exists.
I've had to write my own documentation most of the time because all the info is in someone else's head.

And it's usually a dikk head :mjlol:

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I forgot what company it was but one reached out to me. Would be a salary bump of 15K. I started researching the company and seen they just had two rounds of layoffs (about 10% of the company each time). That immediately made me pass.

Facts. I had worked directly with the CEO of the last company I was at and knew how he moved. I was on his shyt list because I trashed one of his golden boys David to both of their faces. I was ignored. I had been overworking myself to keep the division functioning. After the meeting with the two of them I said fukk all that and took a step back and went back to working from home. The entire division tanked to the point that they to demote his golden boy down to the lowest level support role. This MF gets on a call and says that he was shocked to find out how incompetent David was even though he had been told the exact same thing by me and a few others in a meeting a year earlier. Dude lied like it wasn't shyt.

That sounds good but I had a friend that jumped to a company like that. A higher average salary than expected. They had a severance policy where you qualify after one year. They were having layoffs and he kept wondering how he wasn't one of them. Right at 11 months before he'd qualify for severance they laid his ass off too. Took him another 3-4 months to find work again. In this climate with so many layoffs it's a lot more competition to get a new job and I've been seeing some damn good workers that left the stable job for the new opportunity and now still looking for work half a year later.
Man, it's like somebody put it once: most CEO's aren't interested in saving the world, making the best product, taking care of their employees, etc. They're interested in money: making it and saving it.

Bright people working at these companies come up with novel, great and clever ideas all the time but they get ignored because it won't make money (immediately). Some people even give warning that there are some serious holes right in the product that need to be fixed or need to take time to improve an inefficient process for long term gain down the road, but nope: must make as much money as possible right now.

Probably because they want to sell the company/be acquired and cash out.
shytty codebase that needed refactoring to scale? Next CEO's problem.

I also think about that one girl recently who was laid off from Cloudflare after 3 months because she didn't clear numbers or whatever (one month being December when it's slow). shyt was such an unfair shake but then the CEO goes on social media, starts spinning it, compared her to CP3 and of course bootlickers (or their damage control team) start kissing his ass.

Shady shady people.

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I've had to write my own documentation most of the times because all the info is in someone's else head.

And it's usually a dikk head :mjlol:

Yea, my predecessor took a new role inside the company and I asked her was there any documentation she tells me no, not really, so I ask is there at least a RACI chart. She goes to walk me through JIRA, I’m like bytch I know JIRA, not all JIRA projects are created equal, a RACI would really help.:stopitslime:

10 mins later I get a RACI chart so now I able to start doing my damn job.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Yea, my predecessor took a new role inside the company and I asked her was there any documentation she tells me no, not really, so I ask is there at least a RACI chart. She goes to walk me through JIRA, I’m like bytch I know JIRA, not all JIRA projects are created equal, a RACI would really help.:stopitslime:

10 mins later I get a RACI chart so now I able to start doing my damn job.

Huh, I didn't know what a RACI chart was until now.

I can see why you wanted one, last thing you want to hear is that you didn't do your part.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Huh, I didn't know what a RACI chart was until now.

I can see why you wanted one, last thing you want to hear is that you didn't do your part.

I don’t normally use em, but working with devs previously I realized those dudes don’t know shyt outside of coding and this is the most money I’ve ever made, so I’m not about to fukk this up.