Streamer Kai Cenat: Black Americans Have No Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokids

Promise if I have a seed imma guide him right
Daps
Reppin
Not gonna lie, half of these examples are rumors or just straight up false:mjlol:

numerous ducktales on that list:mjlol::russ:
which ones? Nothing seems too out the ordinary seeing how people like jay z pops wasn’t in the picture and we don’t know what he was and others who pops wasn’t there

Also it doesn’t have to be the parents the grandparents could be Caribbean too

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
Who is y’all? And :usure: at the last sentence?

And left out a key part in the definition of culture, which is the shared values, beliefs, systems, practices and languages that can be used to advance and define a collective.
the shared value/belief/system/practice that we have that the rest of the diaspora doesn’t is that we are race first and practice racism FAR MORE than the rest of the diaspora and it’s one of the first things you notice when meeting them. We are so race first that we name our ethnic group behind race.

We are race before nationality in a way where no other black group is and that is a result of being socialized as a minority in western capitalism / white supremacy. The rest of the diaspora was socialized as a majority. which is why people like kai can say “you’re just black!” and why we always get accused by everyone of being too race obsessed.

why are these questions never brought up for other groups? what are the shared values, beliefs, systems, practices and languages that can be used to advance and define a collective by Haitians?

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
which ones? Nothing seems too out the ordinary seeing how people like jay z pops wasn’t in the picture and we don’t know what he was and others who pops wasn’t there

you’re throwing shyt at the wall and hope it sticks. if you don’t know, why assume?

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

both of jayz parents are of Southern roots

his MOM

RJXPkGT.jpg

EN9ieSm.jpg

his DAD

Z0uzDyF.jpg

paternal grandfather

pqdqN9j.png

paternal grandmother

qWRmSv0.png

Alicia Keys on her father

e7NYxZV.jpg

and

Your mother is Irish-Italian, and your father is... what? Jamaican?

Everybody thinks I’m Jamaican
, but I’m not. My father grew up in Maryland.

Interview with Alicia Keys : “Fame is worse than heroin…”

Nokids

Daps
Reppin
i can tho. i told u i saw this bullshyt on twitter lol

here’s a couple and this took me 5 minutes btw

future
AK

usher

LL

y’all be desperate as hell :laff:
ll cool J
LL Cool J
Lick your lips one time for the super fine LL Cool J! The rapper and actor is actually the grandson of a Barbadian native who came to the United States to make a better life for his family. Though his grandfather was supportive of his endeavours in hip-hop music, he wasn’t initially talking about buying turntables for Mr James Todd Smith.
“Yes my family’s from Barbados and my grandfather’s real cheap. Anyone who knows Caribbean people knows they’re very cheap, you know. He didn’t want to buy turntables. That wasn’t his thing soooo, he was saying no, no, no, no, no.” He wasn’t so cheap after all, because his grandfather wound up getting him a turntable to keep him out of trouble.

Mans using Twitter as sources

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
ll cool J
LL Cool J
Lick your lips one time for the super fine LL Cool J! The rapper and actor is actually the grandson of a Barbadian native who came to the United States to make a better life for his family. Though his grandfather was supportive of his endeavours in hip-hop music, he wasn’t initially talking about buying turntables for Mr James Todd Smith.
“Yes my family’s from Barbados and my grandfather’s real cheap. Anyone who knows Caribbean people knows they’re very cheap, you know. He didn’t want to buy turntables. That wasn’t his thing soooo, he was saying no, no, no, no, no.” He wasn’t so cheap after all, because his grandfather wound up getting him a turntable to keep him out of trouble.

Mans using Twitter as sources
i’m using the actual peoples words. everyone i posted said it out their mouth.

LL was adopted maybe u going by that.

Nokids

Daps
Reppin
i’m using the actual peoples words. everyone i posted said it out their mouth.

LL was adopted maybe u going by that.
LL just said it fam you can take it up with him lol everything else I could understand never thought 50 was Caribbean but I stand corrected on Usher and Future

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
LL just said it fam you can take it up with him lol everything else I could understand never thought 50 was Caribbean but I stand corrected on Usher and Future

He found out he was adopted in 2016. Even refers to them as his “adoptive grandparents”

LL Cool J's childhood was scarred by his parents' separation and violence, with his maternal grandparents stepping in to give him a loving home and appreciation of music.

But the couple kept a secret from both LL Cool J and his mother: She was adopted, as the hip-hop artist and actor learns in PBS' "Finding Your Roots."

Series host Henry Louis Gates Jr. guides him down a winding DNA trail that uncovers his mother's adoption as a baby in 1947, her birth parents' identity and a family history that includes 1930s champion boxer John Henry Lewis.
And more: There's an unusual African-American record of 19th-century freedom from slavery on one side of LL Cool J's family tree, Gates notes.

The episode, which also traces Sean "Diddy" Combs' ancestry, airs Tuesday on PBS stations (check local listings for times), the day after LL Cool J hosts the Grammy Awards on CBS.

"This doesn't change how I feel about the people that raised me," LL Cool J, the "NCIS: Los Angeles" star born James Todd Smith, says of his adoptive grandparents. "I have more love and respect for them than I ever did."

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Status
Not open for further replies.