Streamer Kai Cenat: Black Americans Have No Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
To a lot of people culture is your own flag (which was given by their colonizers), not speaking english, eating with your hands, and living in proximity to a beach.

It's because Afram mainstream culture is so ubiquitous, outsiders think it's general (raceless) mainstream/pop culture w/o realizing the actual sources. Something as simple as the drumset is a perfect example

or

xpKhQZE.jpg

Pentecostalism's Neglected Black History | HuffPost

Pentecostal Movement Celebrates Humble Roots

LOS ANGELES -- One hundred years ago, a series of boisterous revival meetings in a converted stable on Azusa Street launched a global movement that overcame differences in class, gender and race to unite around the belief that the Holy Spirit still works miracles.

Today, there are about 600 million Pentecostal and charismatic Christians whose roots are in the Azusa Street revival. They make up the fastest-growing segment of Christianity, thriving especially in the Southern Hemisphere, with their beliefs having an impact on nearly every Christian denomination.

The congregation met in the round, with Seymour facilitating the interactive gathering from the center of the room. The meetings were in the style of the black church, with hand-clapping, foot-stomping and shouting. But, at the height of the Jim Crow era, they included blacks, whites, Hispanics and Asians from the Los Angeles melting pot -- up to 1,300 people at a time.

Newspaper reporters covered the rowdy meetings, and the reviews were less than flattering.

Believers were described as "Holy Rollers," "Holy Jumpers," "Tangled Tonguers" and "Holy Ghosters."

Christians from other traditions were also critical, saying the movement was hyper-emotional, misused Scripture and lost focus on Christ by overemphasizing the Holy Spirit.

Undeterred, the Pentecostal Christians were motivated to share their faith with urgency. According to Robeck, they considered salvation a personal experience and expected physical healing and other miracles to occur when the Gospel was preached.

Believing the Second Coming of Christ was imminent, Azusa Street missionaries were sent throughout the world. And Evangelists from other countries traveled to the mission to experience the revival before bringing it to their own congregations.

Robeck said social factors contributed to the movement's spread. Los Angeles was in the middle of a wave of immigration, and people in the midst of such change were desperately seeking answers. Seymour preached a message of empowerment that appealed to them.

While the mainstream media ridiculed Azusa Street, Frank Bartleman, an evangelist, kept a diary of what he saw and experienced. His vivid accounts, more than 500 in all, were published in Christian newspapers across the country. The Azusa Street mission also published a newspaper, the Apostolic Faith, which was distributed to 50,000 people, some of them overseas.

"That spread curiosity around the world and brought pilgrims from around the world," said Vinson Synan, dean of the school of divinity at Regent University in Virginia Beach, who has researched Azusa Street history.

Services continued to be racially mixed, with Bartleman writing that "the color line was washed away in the blood of Jesus."

Synan points out that having a black man, Seymour, in charge "with white men under his authority" was considered miraculous.

"From that day on I would say Pentecostalism has had more crossing of ethnic boundaries than any movement in the world in Christianity."

Pentecostal Movement Celebrates Humble Roots

Six hundred million Pentecostals and Charismatics trace their particular faith back to its humble origins over one hundred years ago.

To add that, many outsiders are only aware of the stuff in the mainstream and have no real knowledge of the roots/rural/country, or regional clusters of specific Afram culture.

Then there's stuff so old/below the radar that came from Afram culture that's influencing people in far off cultures that many have no idea of the connection

qNqIjdh.jpg

William Saunders Crowdy (August 11, 1847 – August 4, 1908) was an American soldier, preacher, entrepreneur, theologian, and pastor. As one of the earliest Hebrew Israelites in the United States, he established the Church of God and Saints of Christ in 1896.

The Church of God and Saints of Christ is a Black Hebrew Israelite religious group established in Lawrence, Kansas, by William Saunders Crowdy in 1896.[1] William Crowdy began congregations in several cities in the Midwestern and Eastern United States, and sent an emissary to organize locations in at least six African countries. The congregation later established locations in Cuba and the West Indies.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
i support all black people but the days of unchecked misinformation and xenophobia from black immigrants are over.

we already fry latinos and whites for they bullshyt

y’all just on the list now
This is why I cringe with the whole “why don’t y’all have smoke for white people”, when it comes to this topic

It’s like nikka, the problem is…. That we’ve only had smoke for white people :why:

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
This is why I cringe with the whole “why don’t y’all have smoke for white people”, when it comes to this topic

It’s like nikka, the problem is…. That we’ve only had smoke for white people :why:
you don’t endure being outnumbered 9-1 in a country for centuries without having smoke for whites

i was raised not to fukk with them lol

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
I'm getting really tired of non-black Americans saying this shyt :francis:

It's wrong, disrespectful, treacherous, and quite frankly pathetic. Trying to one up another group you share blood with? For what? To feel better? When we are all black to the rest of the world?

and When you copy and take from them anyway?

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
There's nothing like a cultureless people. How did the internet enable minimum talent individuals to become famous like this, that's part of the problem.

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
mehhh your culture is tied to brands and western capitalism

its different if your folks are from africa or the caribbean

hip hop was created in jamaica
soul food comes from african dishes
clothing is primarily brands made by whites or produced in asain countries

americans just dont wanna admit it but you have low levell of culture cause slavery takes up most of the ancestral timeline
:mjtf:
This is the sturbonness that has our countries(majority African descent) fukked up. With all our culture and values, how the hell are our countries so corrupt majority of the young populace view going to the white man's land as a prelude to heaven.

We are even worse consumers than Americans because in a continent of 1.2 Billion and where we are in control of our own resources, we don't have our own Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Gucci, Prada, seeing african musicians big up these brands is even worse than an American doing it.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
What’s the difference?
Ones more religious based with rituals and other more so spells.

From what I understand from becoming more knowledgeable of the 2...Louisiana or New Orleans Vodou has some mix of Root work or Hoodoo in it.

But make no mistake that new slaves from Haiti were brought to the NO.

NO was a large slave port...top 3 in the south if I'm not mistaken.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Ones more religious based with rituals and other more so spells.

From what I understand from becoming more knowledgeable of the 2...Louisiana or New Orleans Vodou has some mix of Root work or Hoodoo in it.

But make no mistake that new slaves from Haiti were brought to the NO.

NO was a large slave port...top 3 in the south if I'm not mistaken.
I know I could google this but I wanted to ask

What’s root work and hoodoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.