IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
mehhh your culture is tied to brands and western capitalism

its different if your folks are from africa or the caribbean

hip hop was created in jamaica
soul food comes from african dishes
clothing is primarily brands made by whites or produced in asain countries

americans just dont wanna admit it but you have low levell of culture cause slavery takes up most of the ancestral timeline

Fuk outta here:mjlol:

Repost

Folklore and Oral traditions
Gospel
Shout Bands/music
Negro spirituals
Dance
HBCU
Baptist-Holiness-Pentecsotal church
Fashion
Food
Regional subcultures
Blues
Zydeco
Rock/Rock n Roll
Gullah-Geeche
Louisiana Creole
Black Indians
Mardi Gras Indians
Afro Seminole
Funk
HipHop
Jazz
Jazz funeral
Religious subcultures
Hoodoo
Voodoo
Brass Bands
HBCU bands
Black Cowboys/Rodeos
Speech/Dialects
Slang
Soul
Disco
House music
Electronic dance
Rural related culture
Civil Rights
Black Power/Pan-Africanism/Afrocentrism

Harlem Renaissance, Black Arts Movement, etc.. You can bring any foreign "Black" group in the same time span that Aframs existed, to the table and we'll see WHO was really doing it from local folk culture to the mainstream aspects that had global impact.

NegaDuck

"F*ck Duckberg ho!"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eastside of Duckton
Yea but all those groups you listed know their identity. If you asked them where they from, they'll you:"Im dominican, im haitian, im jahmaican...etc".

Black americans dont know who they are. They wont even accept their American identify but want to go to Africa to find themselves :russ: :dead: talkin going back to the motherland.

you know what a Haitians motherland is? haiti. Jaimacan? Jaimaca. Black Cubans? Cuba
This is dumb as fukk.

I tell my kids a ll the time. Our far back ancestors my be African, but we aren't. Were American. Not African Americans....but AMERICANS.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
no but i think you shoulda at leasst known about kool herc :mjlol:

it's BS...Herc been told yall that

Daps
Reppin
NULL
nobody ever asks for these in depths dives into caribbean culture because y’all equate shaking ass on beaches in feathered clothing to be culture and that’s it.

i know our traditions, our superstitions, hoodoo etc.

it’s for us to know we’ll keep it in house.

Who is y’all? And :usure: at the last sentence?

And left out a key part in the definition of culture, which is the shared values, beliefs, systems, practices and languages that can be used to advance and define a collective.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Yea but all those groups you listed know their identity. If you asked them where they from, they'll you:"Im dominican, im haitian, im jahmaican...etc".

Black americans dont know who they are. They wont even accept their American identify but want to go to Africa to find themselves :russ: :dead: talkin going back to the motherland.

you know what a Haitians motherland is? haiti. Jaimacan? Jaimaca. Black Cubans? Cuba

bQPkg.gif

Dominican, Haitian, Jamaican etc... are NEW WORLD ethnic groups that are a product of the slave trade

african_20slave_20trade.jpg

Those are the lands of the indigenous

lfnex2pnsoo21.jpg

Not the "black" people you see there today. The same reason why Jamaicans, Dominicans, Haitians etc exist, is the same reason Aframs exist.

53ab4194-48a7-4e3f-b0dc-234b1bd90c16-020819-slave-map_Online1_copy.png

Caribbeans who identify as "Dominican", "Jamaican", "Haitian" etc... IS EXACTLY the same as mainland USA slave descendants identifying as "American".

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
I met a Nigerian cat overseas acting like he was from Texas. I had to call him out on it and tell him to be proud about where he is from. Cool dude but that false flagging is not respected. It was even more funny cuz other Nigerian cats I met with him were laughing at him for it.

Unfortunately, the country we were in viewed Africans as criminals and poor while Americans were seen in a better light so he played the role to get better treatment.

It's funny how things switch up depending on where you are in this world. That just let's me know all this ish is a game and not real. It's all programming.
Back in the day people did this with religion too. To get access to trade routes or escape second class behavior. They had a Muslim identity in certain territory and a Christian one in another

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Our culture predates brands and all post slave trade culture is tied into capitalism. or do you think Haitians eat mud cookies because they’re good? or it’s because it’s what they have?

secondly, hip hop is not jamaican, we know that
plenty of soul food dishes and many of the staples are not african (cornbread, mac n cheese etc)

you’re talking about brands being made by asian countries when a lot of african/caribbean “cultural garb” are imported from asian countries and are not locally produced and haven’t been for centuries.

last the difference is we own our culture socially.

Black american culture is black

jamaican culture/haitian/ etc are national cultures. you nikkas share your culture with chinamen

more over plenty of things in jamaican culture

rastafarianism, curry, etc are imports from indians and people from around the world that you adopted from them

even “haiti” and the name “haitian” is a play on Ayiti which is what the island was called by the ACTUAL indigenous population. Those africans are not actual haitians.

at the end of the day we are the culture. you’re an immigrant canadian who fled your country because you couldn’t quite cut it.

wake up.
The Dutch too

Fun fact, when these foreign countries had black nationalist leaders leading them, they said they felt that the Afro was not culturally African and felt like it was a nuisance and western plot when black Americans had them. Even tho we were getting grabbed off the street by the police for them.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
A genre that included the sound system stemming from Jamaica

:blessed:

HipHop came from the Disco setup (2 turntables and a mixer); Jamaican setup is totally different

not only that: reggae/ska are actually from black american music even tho we don’t claim it

bob marley himself started out covering black american bands when he was with the wailers.

and reggae takes from blues/jazz/and rnb

we could easily push the agenda but we don’t

no lies told!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.