Shannon Sharpe says he only went to a HBCU cuz his grades were bad

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I posted like 10 examples which took 2 minutes to find of him defending his people and shytting on cacs and there are many more. Not seeing where you getting this c00n thing from but hey, your opinion. :manny:
I can also post 10 examples of this nikka tap dancing like he on the line of scrimmage

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
90% of black athletes are c00ns, so I shouldn't be surprised by this.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
lol one minute Shannon is “black community this” “I’m speaking of my community, the black community that”, then in the next sentence “if I choose to do this” “if I choose to do that”.

C382pX_UcAAiGep

Anyways, as an HBCU grad that thinks highly of my HBCU, I see/saw no need for Shannon to have even said this out loud. Only thing this does is make those outside think of HBCUs as lesser.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
lol one minute Shannon is “black community this” “I’m speaking of my community, the black community that”, then in the next sentence “if I choose to do this” “if I choose to do that”.

Anyways, as an HBCU grad that thinks highly of my HBCU, I see/saw no need for Shannon to have even said this out loud. Only thing this does is make those outside think of HBCUs as lesser.
He also said this. He stuck with Savannah State after his Jr year when he could have transferred to Miami, which was the top college program in the country at that time. :salute: But this the nikka some coli brehs got beef with over HBCU's. :russ:

concise

Veteran
Daps
He also said this. He stuck with Savannah State after his Jr year when he could have transferred to Miami, which was the top college program in the country at that time. :salute: But this the nikka some coli brehs got beef with over HBCU's. :russ:

They will not address this. :mjlol:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4

That’s cool that he said that. That’s what’s up. Still wasn’t any need for saying what he said in the OP.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
You on this shyt too? :snoop:
I feel what you're saying man, but I don't fukk with Shannon either and it ain't about the white women.

Dude was going into the military because he didn't have the grades and SSU was the only school that offered him a chance to come play football. He took that, went to the League, and for the longest didn't give that school a dime in donations and barely acknowledged em. Why? Because they charged him for parking tickets. Of all people, Jason Whitlock had to shame him into changing his stance. This was after he was done playing and was getting started in broadcasting.

Now as famous as he is today, he was just as famous when he was playing. Think about all the good he could've done for that school and program. I can't stand nikkas like that.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
The most suspect posts to me are the ones talking about “if I could do it again id go to an HBCU”

You went where you wanted to go the first time. You don’t get points for fantasizing online about a life you didn’t live or know about through other people
Nah, I was actively encouraged by guidance counselors to choose my PWI options over HBCUs. They never came out and explicitly said it but I knew what it was. We only had 2 recruiters from HBCUs visit, FAM & Morehouse, vs countless PWIs. I didn’t know any better nor did my parents. I got a great education and college experience but if I could do it over I would have chosen an HBCU. I will be encouraging my daughter to strongly consider one. All I can do at this point.

Daps
Yeah y'all are doing WAYYY to much. Shannon grew up poorer than everyone ITT, he saw how his brother was getting treated in South Carolina and recognized that he wanted to make $$ to get out of his situation

Makes sense that if he had the grades for it, he would have chosen the biggest power 5 school that gave him the most $$
This 100%.

Take a breh like ED in Texas.

If Grambling had offered him $$$$$$$$$, he would have been running for the Louisiana border to roll with Coach Robinson. Texas A&M threw a big bag of money and a brand new ride....and Eric was like "y'all ain't even close to SMU."

That's probably what Shannon was thinking about. His grades and/or SAT scores weren't on point, so he had to go where he could qualify. If Shannon had A's and B's with a 1500 SAT score...every school would have recruited him. Does the HBCU have enough $$$ to give him the bag? You know all those SEC schools would have...especially in the 80s.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps

Glad they put the date on it too lol. I wonder how many folks shared this on Twitter