Shannon Sharpe says he only went to a HBCU cuz his grades were bad

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Most athletes will not choose an hbcu to go to if they have other options.
This. IF Shannons comment comes from a desire to play in the NFL, then yes, going to a D1 white school would have been a much better option. They get farrrrrrr more exposure. How many times did you see Morehouse, Howard, or Tuskegee play football on national tv this season vs. Alabama, Ohio State, or Michigan?

If his reason was anything other than that, then fukk you Shannon.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Now that I’ve fully caught up on this, yeah…some things are just better left unsaid. Even if what he’s saying is likely true surely he understands how it could be received. And unfortunately he may be discouraging black kids and parents from seriously considering them as options.

The stigma exists for a reason so let’s not front y’all. I’ve heard countless horror stories from friends about financial aid fukkery :mjlol:. But just like with any PWI all HBCUs aren’t on the same level. I ain’t about to list ‘em but y’all know what it is.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Sometimes you need to keep ya mouth shut. Everything don’t need to be said, and you’d think a country boy like Shannon, would understand that.

Now, if someone that wasn’t as popular and loved in the community would’ve said the same, it would’ve been a problem. These same folk who ok with Shannon saying this, would be up in arms, and rightfully so.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Last post, but being an HBCU grad can actually be advantageous when entering the job market. The company I work for actively recruits from them. You’re still competing against other recent grads from PWIs but at least the pool is smaller on your respective campus.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I feel what you're saying man, but I don't fukk with Shannon either and it ain't about the white women.

Dude was going into the military because he didn't have the grades and SSU was the only school that offered him a chance to come play football. He took that, went to the League, and for the longest didn't give that school a dime in donations and barely acknowledged em. Why? Because they charged him for parking tickets. Of all people, Jason Whitlock had to shame him into changing his stance. This was after he was done playing and was getting started in broadcasting.

Now as famous as he is today, he was just as famous when he was playing. Think about all the good he could've done for that school and program. I can't stand nikkas like that.
So his story about the old administration pressuring him on how much money he should send isn't true?

Health&Wealth

Rookie
Daps
Unc said there weren’t enough pawg on campus for him , If he’d do it again he would go to a PWI :lolbron::hhh:

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
So his story about the old administration pressuring him on how much money he should send isn't true?
Don't know. Wouldn't be surprised if that was true as well. I just remember the story he told Whitlock when they used to do their show together. It was years ago. The excuse he gave was parking tickets. We talked about it on the old SWACPage. You can still find the archives of that discussion but the video ain't there anymore. I just couldn't believe that shyt, cause he said himself he was going to the military until he spoke to Coach Davis and his brother.

He's far from the only one though. Can't tell you how many times I've heard HBCU alums talking about how they're not giving a cent back to their old schools because of fukked up attitudes during registration or some petty bullshyt like that.

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw the show this morning when he touched on this topic(tied into Prime accepting the new coach gig).The tweet can be read worse than what he actually explained on the show.

Qman11687

Pro
Daps
Damn “Unc” exposing himself
6trygsR.gif
What video is this from? I was looking it up the other day but couldn’t find it.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Damn sorry to hear that

The only acceptable PWI is Bama.

You must either be stupid, an inbred cac, or a c00n. :unimpressed:

"Black folk" really big-upping a white public school in racist-ass Alabama and cheering for a football team with a coach that only integrated the program so he'd never be “out-nigg**d again”.

Eat shyt and die please. Thanks. :camby:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Institutionnal prestige is also performative: by doing this, he's contributing to the destruction of the HBCU systems.

I can't stand his gimmick anyway; it was mad suspect.

Type of shyt that you keep to yourself even though it’s true…
This.

A lof of black people who "made' it like to shyt on black things and worship non white stuff.

The only black stuff they will big up are the negative ones.

Last edited: