Shannon Sharpe says he only went to a HBCU cuz his grades were bad

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Man stfu.

For decades people have championed plenty of HBCUs because they have given opportunity to people who needed it because they had some issues in high school academics wise.

nikkas will go on and on about late bloomer success stories that were only possible because of the opportunity their school gave them. I got plenty of friends who are quick to big up Morris Brown and Clark Atlanta for letting them in because they didn’t have the grades to go to Georgia Southern, UGA, Morehouse, or GA State.

But when Shannon Sharpe says he was one of those people all of a sudden it needs to be kept quiet.

Help make it make sense.
Nah, I think I’ll keep on talking.

Again, if anyone else outside of Shannon (less liked / on the wrong end of most black issues) would’ve said this, people like you would’ve been upset.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Bro if it's not a big secret and everybody already knows what these schools are about, what are you really accomplishing by re-affirming it on your social media to your million+ followers?
With a good portion of those Shannon fans being non black who think HBCUs are lesser to begin with. If Shannon wants to talk about Savannah State, cool. This is being framed as an HBCU thing, and now my HBCU gets lumped into that, and I’m not ok with that. Of course I’m going to have a problem.

I bet ole boy was agreeing right along with Joe Biden when he said “you ain’t black if you don’t vote for me”.

But but he’s right, y’all know he’s right!!!

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
With a good portion of those Shannon fans being non black who think HBCUs are lesser to begin with. If Shannon wants to talk about Savannah State, cool. This is being framed as an HBCU thing, and now my HBCU gets lumped into that, and I’m not ok with that. Of course I’m going to have a problem.

I bet ole boy was agreeing right along with Joe Biden when he said “you ain’t black if you don’t vote for me”.

But but he’s right, y’all know he’s right!!!
To add too, it doesn’t even make sense, VCU and Harvard are both PWIs, they don’t get lumped in with each other

Dude talk bout Savannah St like it has same admissions process as Howard or Morehouse is foolery

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man stfu.

For decades people have championed plenty of HBCUs because they have given opportunity to people who needed it because they had some issues in high school academics wise.

nikkas will go on and on about late bloomer success stories that were only possible because of the opportunity their school gave them. I got plenty of friends who are quick to big up Morris Brown and Clark Atlanta for letting them in because they didn’t have the grades to go to Georgia Southern, UGA, Morehouse, or GA State.

But when Shannon Sharpe says he was one of those people all of a sudden it needs to be kept quiet.

Help make it make sense.
This doesn’t change what I said.
Savannah State is the only reason why he has a platform to shuck and jive for millions. Without it, he’d be working in a factory - a waste of athletic talent.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
But nikkas have such a large inferiority complex they think it’s shameful. Wtf is wrong with y’all.

That's really all it boils down to fam.

I remember when I chose to spend time at Morris Brown instead of heading to Georgia Tech. It wasn’t white people who were bad mouthing the school and saying I shouldn’t waste my time there. It was black folks. shyt pissed me off even as an 18 year old.
Umm hmmm.

Had some of my homegirls from High School who went to Clark, so I would go on the weekends and chill with them sometimes. None of my GTech friends were like what you described tho. Sounds real c00nish to say you shouldn't waste your time there. What's funny is that even at the AUC, the Spelman, Morehouse, Clarke, and even ITC students would look down on Morris Brown Students :whistle:

your side piece was at Morris Brown
your girlfriend was at Clarke
your wife at Spelman

:francis:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Bruh helping people who don’t qualify to other schools is literally in the mission statement for some of these schools.

I don’t know why y’all acting like this is such a big secret. News flash, it isn’t. We all know.

What’s sad is this is something that should be celebrated and applauded, the success stories should be front and center for everyone to see. When it’s brought up the response shouldn’t be “shhhh we don’t want the white folks to hear” it should be “yes, and look how person A, B, and C went on to achieve great things for society”. That is exactly WHAT DOES NEED TO BE SAID THERE ARE KIDS WHO NEED TO HEAR THAT MESSAGE. But nikkas have such a large inferiority complex they think it’s shameful. Wtf is wrong with y’all.

I remember when I chose to spend time at Morris Brown instead of heading to Georgia Tech. It wasn’t white people who were bad mouthing the school and saying I shouldn’t waste my time there. It was black folks. shyt pissed me off even as an 18 year old.
So, it pissed you off when other black folks did it, but you’re ok with Shannon doing it? That doesn’t make any sense lol.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC

C382pX_UcAAiGep

I dont care who a nikka is fukking but come on son. All that other shyt isnt necessary.

broller

Veteran
Daps
To be fair, Herschel Walker probably had the grades despite being a dumb ass, maybe because they were passing him through school and it’s possible that Shannon was one of those kids who was skipping class. He’s like ten years older than Shannon, right? Regulations probably were even less strict when Herschel was in school.

Apparently Herschel was the valedictorian in his high school

broller

Veteran
Daps
Was Herschell always this dumb though? Maybe I never just heard him talk in his prime.

No. In this interview he sounds way smarter.
Around 1:00 he talks about being valedictorian in high school @Po pimp

Maybe it's all the football and MMA that made him cognitively depressed.

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
Man stfu.

Help make it make sense.
Theres a difference between saying a place gave you a chance and saying that you went to a place you didnt want to go to cause you wasnt good enough for the place you really wanted.

Former implies gratitude the latter just says you're an ungrateful piece of shyt that looks down on the thing that helped you out.