Shannon Sharpe says he only went to a HBCU cuz his grades were bad

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
BnSVtUsCMAA435w.jpg:large

-1%20(9)-1616317697209.jpg

BW0WMA1CIAMnqz9.jpg
That's his HBCU. He did not have good grade...

But now:mjpls:

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Savannah State is the only reason why he made it to the NFL.
lol one minute Shannon is “black community this” “I’m speaking of my community, the black community that”, then in the next sentence “if I choose to do this” “if I choose to do that”.

Anyways, as an HBCU grad that thinks highly of my HBCU, I see/saw no need for Shannon to have even said this out loud. Only thing this does is make those outside think of HBCUs as lesser.

Man stfu.

For decades people have championed plenty of HBCUs because they have given opportunity to people who needed it because they had some issues in high school academics wise.

nikkas will go on and on about late bloomer success stories that were only possible because of the opportunity their school gave them. I got plenty of friends who are quick to big up Morris Brown and Clark Atlanta for letting them in because they didn’t have the grades to go to Georgia Southern, UGA, Morehouse, or GA State.

But when Shannon Sharpe says he was one of those people all of a sudden it needs to be kept quiet.

Help make it make sense.

Last edited:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Man stfu.

For decades people have championed plenty of HBCUs because they have given opportunity to people who needed it because they had some issues in high school academics wise.

nikkas will go on and on about late bloomer success stories that were only possible because of the opportunity their school gave them. I got plenty of friends who are quick to big up Morris Brown and Clark Atlanta for letting them in because they didn’t have the grades to go to Georgia Southern, UGA, Morehouse, or GA State.

But when Shannon Sharpe says he was one of those people all of a sudden it needs to be kept quiet.

Help make it make sense.
The conversation you have in private amongst friends is a lot different than the conversation you should be having on a public forum with a platform that speaks to over a million people. How don't y'all understand this?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To be fair, Herschel Walker probably had the grades despite being a dumb ass, maybe because they were passing him through school and it’s possible that Shannon was one of those kids who was skipping class. He’s like ten years older than Shannon, right? Regulations probably were even less strict when Herschel was in school.

Was Herschell always this dumb though? Maybe I never just heard him talk in his prime.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikka please

Tell me the context that it is ok to refer to a HBCU as an old neighborhood when asked is it a downgrade compared to a PWI?

To paint the person who demands more from you as a hypocrite basically. Somebody asked why do black people always have to get away from black people,and move into white spaces to "elevate".

But HBCU,PWI its all European indoctrination and the white mans cirriculum anyway. Correct me if Im wrong,but HBCU's dont have a course on Anti White Supremacy 101,or Race Loyalty.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Look at this c00n ya'll. Man I swear, why even fight for your people or even have the guts to stand up for your people like Shannon does non-stop when they will turnaround and shyt on you over one little comment you deem as not right. And not no egregious shyt, something as meniscal as this and brothers are calling him Jesse Lee Peterson. Damn, unity ya'll. We are talking about a man who on live TV called white people the biggest crooks in the history of mankind a month ago. But yeah Jesse Lee peterson.

Yeah its crazy how it seems there is no ammount of goodwill you can build up as a black person. Soon as you say something black folks dont like,they can easily turn on you. Your people aint your people,they have been genetically modified. Modified to be weaponized against other black people at every level,every platform within this country. White supremacy runs a tight ship. But if we just keep "fighting" and voting,it will go away eventually:respect:

Daps
So did everyone e miss the part where he said he had the opportunity to leave but chose to stay, and when he also said that if he can do it all over he would choose the HBCU again because what he got from their he can’t get anywhere else…
:skip:

Like I said online militancy has really jumped shark. nikka say one thing in clip you don’t like and he’s all types of c00ns and a sell out

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The conversation you have in private amongst friends is a lot different than the conversation you should be having on a public forum with a platform that speaks to over a million people. How don't y'all understand this?

Bruh helping people who don’t qualify to other schools is literally in the mission statement for some of these schools.

I don’t know why y’all acting like this is such a big secret. News flash, it isn’t. We all know.

What’s sad is this is something that should be celebrated and applauded, the success stories should be front and center for everyone to see. When it’s brought up the response shouldn’t be “shhhh we don’t want the white folks to hear” it should be “yes, and look how person A, B, and C went on to achieve great things for society”. That is exactly WHAT DOES NEED TO BE SAID THERE ARE KIDS WHO NEED TO HEAR THAT MESSAGE. But nikkas have such a large inferiority complex they think it’s shameful. Wtf is wrong with y’all.

I remember when I chose to spend time at Morris Brown instead of heading to Georgia Tech. It wasn’t white people who were bad mouthing the school and saying I shouldn’t waste my time there. It was black folks. shyt pissed me off even as an 18 year old.

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Sometimes you need to keep ya mouth shut. Everything don’t need to be said, and you’d think a country boy like Shannon, would understand that.

Now, if someone that wasn’t as popular and loved in the community would’ve said the same, it would’ve been a problem. These same folk who ok with Shannon saying this, would be up in arms, and rightfully so.
100% facts.

@Born2BKing you doing too much in here breh :francis:

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
So did everyone e miss the part where he said he had the opportunity to leave but chose to stay, and when he also said that if he can do it all over he would choose the HBCU again because what he got from their he can’t get anywhere else…
:skip:

Like I said online militancy has really jumped shark. nikka say one thing in clip you don’t like and he’s all types of c00ns and a sell out
They asked him a yes or no question and he said he only went to a HBCU cuz prop 48

Stop riding that nikka, he was c00ning

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You must either be stupid, an inbred cac, or a c00n. :unimpressed:

"Black folk" really big-upping a white public school in racist-ass Alabama and cheering for a football team with a coach that only integrated the program so he'd never be “out-nigg**d again”.

Eat shyt and die please. Thanks. :camby:
Roll Tide

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Side note though which I have to say. Ok so I guess they are going to act like the Jerry Jones incident didn’t happen. Doesn’t matter if they were gone. They caught up with other things they messed. That’s wack. Not messing with this show anymore. And shame on Sharpe especially, given how hard he went for Kyrie. But you not gonna adress a NFL owner participating in a racist and violent Mob (they threw shyt at the students. Even if we don’t know what he did exactly. Kyrie posted a tweet and this cracker actually physically participated in some racist act. fukk Sharpe and Skip. And I defended Sharpe earlier in the thread

If I’m wrong and they addressed it plz let me know,… I just haven’t seen they covered it. So I stand on that unless I just missed it

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Bruh helping people who don’t qualify to other schools is literally in the mission statement for some of these schools.

I don’t know why y’all acting like this is such a big secret. News flash, it isn’t. We all know.

What’s sad is this is something that should be celebrated and applauded, the success stories should be front and center for everyone to see. When it’s brought up the response shouldn’t be “shhhh we don’t want the white folks to hear” it should be “yes, and look how person A, B, and C went on to achieve great things for society”. That is exactly WHAT DOES NEED TO BE SAID THERE ARE KIDS WHO NEED TO HEAR THAT MESSAGE. But nikkas have such a large inferiority complex they think it’s shameful. Wtf is wrong with y’all.

I remember when I chose to spend time at Morris Brown instead of heading to Georgia Tech. It wasn’t white people who were bad mouthing the school and saying I shouldn’t waste my time there. It was black folks. shyt pissed me off even as an 18 year old.
Bro if it's not a big secret and everybody already knows what these schools are about, what are you really accomplishing by re-affirming it on your social media to your million+ followers?