Shannon Sharpe says he only went to a HBCU cuz his grades were bad

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man stfu.

For decades people have championed plenty of HBCUs because they have given opportunity to people who needed it because they had some issues in high school academics wise.

nikkas will go on and on about late bloomer success stories that were only possible because of the opportunity their school gave them. I got plenty of friends who are quick to big up Morris Brown and Clark Atlanta for letting them in because they didn’t have the grades to go to Georgia Southern, UGA, Morehouse, or GA State.

But when Shannon Sharpe says he was one of those people all of a sudden it needs to be kept quiet.

Help make it make sense.

Bruh helping people who don’t qualify to other schools is literally in the mission statement for some of these schools.

I don’t know why y’all acting like this is such a big secret. News flash, it isn’t. We all know.

What’s sad is this is something that should be celebrated and applauded, the success stories should be front and center for everyone to see. When it’s brought up the response shouldn’t be “shhhh we don’t want the white folks to hear” it should be “yes, and look how person A, B, and C went on to achieve great things for society”. That is exactly WHAT DOES NEED TO BE SAID THERE ARE KIDS WHO NEED TO HEAR THAT MESSAGE. But nikkas have such a large inferiority complex they think it’s shameful. Wtf is wrong with y’all.

I remember when I chose to spend time at Morris Brown instead of heading to Georgia Tech. It wasn’t white people who were bad mouthing the school and saying I shouldn’t waste my time there. It was black folks. shyt pissed me off even as an 18 year old.

Facts