Salon: Do you feel safe and protected around Black men?

Do you feel safe and protected around Black men

• Yes, I feel completely safe.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I feel somewhat safe.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • No, I only feel safe around black men in my family.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • No, I do not feel safe around any black men.

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
Thats what I'm saying its wrong to be scared of random young black men dressed in a certain way. But went there is black on black crime black people, men and women suffer. These things effect black people in many ways.

The quotes I responded to were about your fear of young black men. you didn't say anything about how they are dressed.

And I agree its unfair for people to live in fear so I asked how does a young breh just trying to get from point A to point B help?

You said you wanted dialogue on how to fix this "unspoken rift"

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
The quotes I responded to were about your fear of young black men. you didn't say anything about how they are dressed.

And I agree its unfair for people to live in fear so I asked how does a young breh just trying to get from point A to point B help?

You said you wanted dialogue on how to fix this "unspoken rift"
How they dress and act plays a part. I would not be scared of a regular young black dude at a college or nothing. But Some regular black dudes look like hood dudes from far way just from how they dress.

Like when me and my brother(BM) would see a bunch of young black hood dudes. We would be like oh shyt.
They could have been doing nothing but because they looked the part we were like:leon:.

You don't think there is a rift between BM and BW?

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
How they dress and act plays a part. I would not be scared of a regular young black dude at a college or nothing. But Some regular black dudes look like hood dudes from far way just from how they dress.

Like when me and my brother(BM) would see a bunch of young black hood dudes. We would be like oh shyt.
They could have been doing nothing but because they looked the part we were like:leon:.

idk seems like your just adding stuff on now. You stated multiple times that age was the issue.

You don't think there is a rift between BM and BW?

On thecoli? sure.

Last edited:

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
Me too that still does not answer the question.

I don't feel the need to be protected by Black men and I have no reason to feel unsafe.

You don't think a black kid living in a high crime area that's 99% black has the potentially to have a warped sense of Black people or a Black person growing up around all white people would see the world differently?

That wasn't the premise of this thread but yes those things could have the potential to warp a child's perception of Black people. It's the duty of those people around that kid to prevent that potential warping of perception.

No is saying anyone is wrong either way. This not an attack on Black men. Some Black men don't feel safe around Black women, It is what it is. :manny:

:francis:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
idk seems like your just adding stuff on now. You stated multiple times that age was the issue.

Still no suggestions? I find that odd since you said the goal of this thread was to discuss how to fix this issue.

On thecoli? sure.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear but usually in my experience young Black men who dress and act a certain way I proceed with caution. Usually its younger black men in this group not older ones. I unfairly judge them by the way of their dress but i know from experience not all hood folk are bad but I don't feel safe when I see a group of hood LOOKING dudes.

You don't think broken black families has helped damage the relationship between Black men and women? And the internet is just a plie of honest thoughts. To say this doesn't represent some fraction of the problems in the real world is unrealistic in my opinion. People just don't have the gull to say half stuff they are REALLY thinking in real life.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
I grew up around black people and honestly in my experience most black men are nice to me. Now I don't hang around bummy hypersensitive black men who hang out on the street all day doing nothing. Most black men I hang around come from all classes and are very kind. During my first year of college I didn't have a car so I mostly took the train or bus. Whenever my black male acquaintances saw me waiting for a bus or train they always dropped me off home. No I am not saying that because a man is black it is impossible to get raped, or killed. Most people get raped by their own race. I can share many experiences where black men I didn't know looked out for me. No I don't go running off with random strangers regardless of their race, but in my experience I feel like black men looked out for me more than any other race of men.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
Hell no I don't feel safe around nikkas.

The neighborhood I live in is mixed. It's about 55% black and "middle class". I don't want to live or raise my kids around too many nikkas and I sure as hell don't want them around too many CACs either.

Omg you're soooooo evil. How dare you say that, even though nobody here would want their daughter dating the type of men you described. I swear whenever I say this I'm called boujie, lol.

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
Maybe I didn't make myself clear but usually in my experience young Black men who dress and act a certain way I proceed with caution. Usually its younger black men in this group not older ones. I unfairly judge them by the way of their dress but i know from experience not all hood folk are bad but I don't feel safe when I see a group of hood LOOKING dudes.

:skip:

Look at all this new stuff you added.

Before you basically said young bm are scary and you only feel safe around old black men.

Now your talking about judging people by how they act and dress. Everyone does that.

Last edited:

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Good Question. I'd have to think about it.

cmon_zps85b058d7.png