Salon: Do you feel safe and protected around Black men?

Do you feel safe and protected around Black men

• Yes, I feel completely safe.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I feel somewhat safe.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • No, I only feel safe around black men in my family.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • No, I do not feel safe around any black men.

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I'm not going to lie I felt some type of way about some of things OP said since she's not with a black man. I really do.

But I feel safe most of the times. Don't really have a reason not to.

Young black males get a really bad rep. Something OP said me feel some type of way, it makes me think of all the good deeds young brothers have done for me and many other sisters.

I think back to three years ago, I believe, a young brother push a sister out the way from getting shot, and end up being killed.

I can think of many other examples, but people have their own truth
I marked somewhat safe. Meaning I fell safe around young black men that don't look "hood". I've had black men give up their seats on the train. I am not scared of regular working class black dudes. Me saying I'm don't feel protected around young men doesn't mean I feel more protected by cacs or non black people. I feel way less protected by cacs/ non black people in general. I understand they don't care. I legit will run to a homeless black dude before I run to a regular white dude. I always feel more comfortable around the black cashiers, black stores etc...

Last edited:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I loved living in a Black area but I had money as well as my lady and lived in Bowie. We lived in the wealthiest Black city in America but I liked it there. Much better than being around well to do cacs which is my life story. Never really like being around the hood. They were always looking to rob or harm the next man. Just wasn't ideal for me

I know this is an old post but I have a question for you.

I know people like glorifying the hood as much as people like demonizing it but, you said growing up around well to do white folks is your life story, have you ever lived in the hood?

I won't say that there aren't people looking to harm you or there's absolutely no danger but as someone who has lived that poor life my whole life it confuses me when people talk about it like that.

Especially since we're in the same area, it feels a bit closer to me.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
This thread would of been better if you asked this question but asked it a few times about different types of black men.

Im sure most women feel safe around nerdy black men. :yeshrug:

MWinn

Pro
Daps
When I first read the OP, my first thought was pertaining to the hate crimes being committed against black people. Do I feel safe and protected around black men if we were faced with a threat. I said no, because if he is taken down trying to defend me then i'm definitely going down. I feel like a lot of black men aren't war ready and would be caught completely off guard if something happens. So I say we need to feel safe and protected around each other, as in both sexes need to be in cahoots about what moves to make if something goes down in order to increase the likelihood of survival.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I feel safer around blk men than white ones.
I feel safest around blk male family members and blk male friends.

I don't hang with thugs, mafia, gang members, dopeboys, pimps, yakuza, or shifty people of any race so of course I'm not risking my safety with men in these avenues regardless of race.

I've had a very strange dynamic with some blk men because they get protective of me when they realize I don't fukk around with randoms. Dudes will even protect ur reputation when haters try to lie on you about fukkin with em when u didn't.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I know this is an old post but I have a question for you.

I know people like glorifying the hood as much as people like demonizing it but, you said growing up around well to do white folks is your life story, have you ever lived in the hood?

I won't say that there aren't people looking to harm you or there's absolutely no danger but as someone who has lived that poor life my whole life it confuses me when people talk about it like that.

Especially since we're in the same area, it feels a bit closer to me.
Honeslty that dude sound like a sheltered white cat that only hear things or see them on tv. Don't go around whatever neighborhood is "bad" that he is around they will do x, y, and z bad thing to you. Lol that's why I can't take most people serious on this site regarding certain issues. I really believe that is the lifestyle where most come from and try to talk about the other side like they really have experience with it. Hell dude and others on here even do the same thing a lot of whites from different areas do and come "mentor" the "poor" black folks.