Salon: Do you feel safe and protected around Black men?

Do you feel safe and protected around Black men

• Yes, I feel completely safe.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I feel somewhat safe.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • No, I only feel safe around black men in my family.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • No, I do not feel safe around any black men.

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
If you don't feel safe somewhere can you really say your 100% comfortable? You don't feel comfortable and safe around your family at home?

I feel "comfortable" around my family, but not safe. Anything can happen at any time.

"Home" is a state of mind. I feel "comfortable" there, but not "safe".

I feel "comfortable" in the ghetto, because I am a ghetto child. Not "safe" though.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I'm not scared of them if they don't give me reason to. I'm scared of white men. I learned not to wander anymore.
Yes White men are scary. I'm just now realizing how scared I really am of them. No troll.

I've had creepy run ins with them.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Do you live in a Black area?

These question are going to make people uncomfortable, Hell I was uncomfortable asking. If everything was all peachy then black people wouldn't be have all these issues.
The neighborhood I live in is mixed. It's about 55% black and "middle class". I don't want to live or raise my kids around too many nikkas and I sure as hell don't want them around too many CACs either.

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
Do you live in a Black area?

These question are going to make people uncomfortable, Hell I was uncomfortable asking. If everything was all peachy then black people wouldn't be have all these issues.

Grew up around Black people, went to a Saturday school for Black people and go to Nigeria every other year. :francis:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Yes White men are scary. I'm just now realizing how scared I really am of them. No troll.

I've had creepy run ins with them.
I wander a lot so my dad used to keep an eye on me, then my brothers, now my husband. Most of the time it was white guys trying to take advantage of me. Most black guys I've run into are respectful and protective. I remember riding the train alone and this white guy was trying to come near me and a brotha came to me pretending like he knew me. Prolly saved my life.

Lana del Rey

Only the ocean can separate us....
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I feel safe around black men in my family and it all depends when I'm in public. For example, if I'm by myself in an "all white" area And I happen to see one black guy near me I usually gravitate towards him and kinda stay near him. Usually they smile at me and say hello especially the older ones. I'm kinda scared to be around a lot of white people, especially white men. I've heard enough stories....

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Grew up around Black people, went to a Saturday school for Black people and go to Nigeria every other year. :francis:
Me too that still does not answer the question. You don't think a black kid living in a high crime area that's 99% black has the potentially to have a warped sense of Black people or a Black person growing up around all white people would see the world differently?

No is saying anyone is wrong either way. This not an attack on Black men. Some Black men don't feel safe around Black women, It is what it is. :manny:

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
I do not feel safe around young black dudes. And to be honest I've seen grown ass black men lock their doors around a group of young Black dudes. So its not just BW.

Do you lock your doors when you see a bunch of "thug" looking black men?

Its wrong to judge random Black men like that but I've seen BM do it to. :manny:

Last edited:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
How can young black man help fix this problem and make life easier for people like you who fear young black men for simply being a young bm

Skin bleaching? Dress in drag?

A mix of both perhaps?

Thats what I'm saying its wrong to be scared of random young black men dressed in a certain way. But went there is black on black crime black people, men and women suffer. These things effect black people in many ways.

Last edited: