Salon: Do you feel safe and protected around Black men?

Do you feel safe and protected around Black men

• Yes, I feel completely safe.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I feel somewhat safe.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • No, I only feel safe around black men in my family.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • No, I do not feel safe around any black men.

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

Giselle

Daps
I don't think most women of any color feel safe around males of any color (exlcuding a womans father and brothers). We are taught to be scared of them, watchout for them b/c they might do something. Men are usually seen as the bad guy, possible pedos, attacker, anything.

tater

Superstar
Daps
I feel safe around black men more than non black men but outside my family no, don't feel completely protected around a group of black dudes.

Also, to you feel your opinions are valid and heard around black men?

I mean the safety thing really depends. I want to say yes, but how many videos have we seen where a black woman is being berated or having violence afflicted on her and black men are just idly standing by? Then there's a glut of comments stating to mind your own business?

Personally, nothing like that has happened to me. I do remember these young boys threw a rock at me and these Latin dudes ran up on them about to fight, but there were police there, so the situation pretty much ended. I also had this white boy disrespecting me and again, some Latin dude read him for filth. There were no black men around so I can't comment on whether they would have done anything or not.

I will say regarding the opinion thing, we were all one day talking about race relations and this black dude looked at me and was like, what do you know? You're just a bytch with a fat ass...:pacspit:

doublex

Pro
Daps
I feel safe around black men more than non black men but outside my family no, don't feel completely protected around a group of black dudes.

Also, to you feel your opinions are valid and heard around black men?

I feel safer around black men than any other race of men. Though I feel safer in a mixed gender crowd than a crowd of ALL men and I'm the only woman.

Do I feel like my opinions are heard around black men? More than white men, but less than other black women.

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
:mjlol:

I'm used to being viewed as a monster. People lock their car doors when I'm around, give me strange looks, close their house doors when I'm walking through the neighborhood and act skittish. When I was in college and the classroom was damn near packed, no one sat near or next to me. Don't even get me started when I have to walk around at night time; even worse when I'm wearing a hoodie, dark clothes or have my hands in my pockets :mjlol: The only group of people who treat me without any prejudice are old people. Always have been kind to me no matter what, no matter the color :ehh: My main objective though is to avoid cops and mind my own business.

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
I do not feel safe around young black dudes. And to be honest I've seen grown ass black men lock their doors around a group of young Black dudes. So its not just BW.

If shyt hits the fan I do feel like many of the younger ones would not protect the women and children. Like take for example if something like black titanic happened I feel like many of then would jump in the life boats before the women and children.

SOUNDS LIKE THIS WAS WRITTEN BY A CAC fakkit

doublex

Pro
Daps
:mjlol:

I'm used to being viewed as a monster. People lock their car doors when I'm around, give me strange looks, close their house doors when I'm walking through the neighborhood and act skittish. When I was in college and the classroom was damn near packed, no one sat near or next to me. Don't even get me started when I have to walk around at night time; even worse when I'm wearing a hoodie, dark clothes or have my hands in my pockets :mjlol: The only group of people who treat me without any prejudice are old people. Always have been kind to me no matter what, no matter the color :ehh: My main objective though is to avoid cops and mind my own business.

shyt like that enrages me. All the evil white men have done the world over, and yet they've managed to brainwash damn near everybody into viewing black men as the threat. It's the most shameless con in human history.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I loved living in a Black area but I had money as well as my lady and lived in Bowie. We lived in the wealthiest Black city in America but I liked it there. Much better than being around well to do cacs which is my life story. Never really like being around the hood. They were always looking to rob or harm the next man. Just wasn't ideal for me
I don't like living with white people I prefer living around black people. I feel more safe. I feel like folks are talking the thread the wrong way. :manny:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
shyt like that enrages me. All the evil white men have done the world over, and yet they've managed to brainwash damn near everybody into viewing black men as the threat. It's the most shameless con in human history.
Black man is not threat. Im asking do you feel safe around black men as a black man. Not thinking about cacs. I see my post taken the wrong way. I wrongly assumed everyone here has lived in a dominate black community before. I asking how black people feel about other black people :manny:

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
lol this basically confirms the thread i made years ago was valid.