Salon: Do you feel safe and protected around Black men?

Do you feel safe and protected around Black men

• Yes, I feel completely safe.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I feel somewhat safe.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • No, I only feel safe around black men in my family.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • No, I do not feel safe around any black men.

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
Daps
Around my family, yes because we have and will fight anybody. But in the context of having my back I've often wondered if I could depend on a random group of black male strangers if I was experiencing an injustice. I've seen black women take up for random black men in the streets. It can be something as small as people out partying and the cops show up and try to harass dudes. I've personally been like " bruh they're just trying to fukk with you (cops), be cool, go home, you don't need this shyt." Or one time I was at a basketball game and I watched this lady that worked at the arena move this group of black male teenagers around over and over rather than tell the white people who where in the kids seats to get the fukk up. I had to tell the kids " hey, if she tries to move ya'll again say no, and go and get a manager." Maybe its a maternal thing but I've never seen black men do the same for random women. It seems the attitude for them is more so " them chicks on their own."

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Now this is scary.... You know how many times I've heard THIS SAME EXACT STORY???? Man let me get some sleep smh I hate this world

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Dap
Reactions: Meh

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
Now this is scary.... You know how many times I've heard THIS SAME EXACT STORY???? Man let me get some sleep smh I hate this world

Yup most rapes and molestation happen within the same race and it is usually done by someone that is close to you (a friend, acquaintance, family friend/member, and etc). I wish as black people the rapes and molestation done by black men and black women were spoken about more often.

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Yup most rapes and molestation happen within the same race and it is usually done by someone that is close to you (a friend, acquaintance, family friend/member, and etc). I wish as black people the rapes and molestation done by black men and black women were spoken about more often.
Smh like 40% of the women i delt with had this problem....

agnosticlady

Daps
Smh like 40% of the women i delt with had this problem....

Yup....honestly I think it contributes to the high numbers of homosexuality in our community. Yes I do believe that some people are born gay, but I do believe that many young black children are turned out or groomed at a young age. That's part of the reason I get annoyed when women who say street harassment is when a man asks for their number or tells them they look nice. Really? We need a cause for those specific things? There are black boys and girls that get raped and molested at a young age. I remember reading an article about how a certain percentage of black female minors getting pregnant by adult black men over 25. I 'll try to post the article if I can find it. People also RARELY talk about female molesters. There is also a segment of black boys and girls that are molested by black women but nobody talks about it.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Around my family, yes because we have and will fight anybody. But in the context of having my back I've often wondered if I could depend on a random group of black male strangers if I was experiencing an injustice. I've seen black women take up for random black men in the streets. It can be something as small as people out partying and the cops show up and try to harass dudes. I've personally been like " bruh they're just trying to fukk with you (cops), be cool, go home, you don't need this shyt." Or one time I was at a basketball game and I watched this lady that worked at the arena move this group of black male teenagers around over and over rather than tell the white people who where in the kids seats to get the fukk up. I had to tell the kids " hey, if she tries to move ya'll again say no, and go and get a manager." Maybe its a maternal thing but I've never seen black men do the same for random women. It seems the attitude for them is more so " them chicks on their own."

I knew cacs don't have my back when I got that wake up call years back. I remember I was walking my dog and fell and twisted my ankle right in the middle if the parking lot and fell to the ground. Some cacs parked a few meters looked straight at me and did say shyt or are you ok. I knew right then cacs don't give a shyt.

It seems the attitude for them is more so " them chicks on their own." is definitely something I've seen and had happen to me in real life. We were in 5 points in Atlanta a place where hood dudes hang out and selling drugs( same place where that chick got tasered by the mall cop darien long. There was this black dude beating up on this black chick, like kicking her ass. And it was sick, Black dudes where just standing or walking past it and none of them where doing shyt about it. My friend called the police and we left.

This is why I hate that scene in the players club when all those dudes walk out when ebony is getting beat and raped. Even when i was younger that shyt never sat well with me. I always wondered why they didn't stop it and just let her get beat. They could've stopped it they had enough man power. :mindblown:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Yup....honestly I think it contributes to the high numbers of homosexuality in our community. Yes I do believe that some people are born gay, but I do believe that many young black children are turned out or groomed at a young age. That's part of the reason I get annoyed when women who say street harassment is when a man asks for their number or tells them they look nice. Really? We need a cause for those specific things? There are black boys and girls that get raped and molested at a young age. I remember reading an article about how a certain percentage of black female minors getting pregnant by adult black men over 25. I 'll try to post the article if I can find it. People also RARELY talk about female molesters. There is also a segment of black boys and girls that are molested by black women but nobody talks about it.

:scust:terrible.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Sorry this had to happen to you. Men are just scary especially white men, I understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

agnosticlady

Daps
Sorry this had to happen to you. Men are just scary especially white men, I understand.

I know that everyone has their experience but men aren't scary. There are just some evil ass people out there regardless of gender.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Thank you, you know whats funny i have this insane way of categorizing the bad stuff thats happened to me and pushing them to the far corners of my mind. Im not into victim blaming but when i am forced to think about this stuff i always wonder how i could have prevented them from happening. Yeah i know its not healthy but i blame myself.
I dont like feeling like i was helpless id rather feel like i was careless and if i had just made the right choices these things wouldn't have happened.
Ive had a couple of incidents since then but years back and its the main reason im a home body. Drama free is what I prefer in my real life.
Im also inly able to express these things online, i can never talk to anyone int life about it cause of the fear of them looking at me different.
:francis: On a side note i do hate when i write these long as paragraphs and get serious on here. Im going to smoke, time to clear my head.
It not your fault. If you need someone to talk to about it with. You can always PM me. I don't judge.

Last edited:

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
It not your fault. If you need someone to talk to about it with. You can always PM me.
:mjcry: Thank you. I dont cry much but i been sort of emotional today. I dont know why. Ill be fine tho, ill always be fine. You mind spoiling that quote for me? Lol i forgot to, im gonna spoiler mine.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
:mjcry: Thank you. I dont cry much but i been sort of emotional today. I dont know why. Ill be fine tho, ill always be fine. You mind spoiling that quote for me? Lol i forgot to, im gonna spoiler mine.
Yeah, that the one you wanted covered? I just changed it.