Richard Leadbetter thinks a PC on the power level of the PS5 Pro would cost "a fair a bit more", says the RTX 4070 would be the closest equivalent GPU

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
J81kLzh.png
Had to finally do this too. Dude is just awful across every section of this forum.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Another thing people need to consider again is this constant "oh will this game be 60fps!?" concern is almost every PS5 game has 60fps modes. Literally there were threads where Meach and the others were arguing with me that the performance mode was bullshyt because it's a blurry mess in a few games and now here is a solution that solves that while giving you the pristine image quality of the 4K mode and now they want to act dumb as if this is the PS4 Pro where the CPU alone couldn't get 60fps in most big games. Hell Starfield launched with 30fps and now has a 60fps on the Series X.

Like come on what are these guys saying lol.

Bro this is all dope. But ultimately it's still a PS5 and ultimately that shyt is still $700 without a disc drive. Meaning if u got a physical PS5 library the console will cost u upwards of $800 before taxes. Thats a hard pill to swallow my guy.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Go to 10:00.

This video is a good breakdown. Dude built a PS5 equivalent for $900. Also 4070 is still better. Sony fukd up not using a better cpu, so a PC at say $1000 would be the better option. At least if you want smoother games.

Yall gotta stop :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Meaning if u got a physical PS5 library

If*

I honestly didn’t think people were still buying physical games like that. Especially now that people are playing on portals and hopping from game to game seamlessly.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
If*

I honestly didn’t think people were still buying physical games like that. Especially now that people are playing on portals and hopping from game to game seamlessly.
There's plenty of people still copping physical games. I have a physical PS5 library myself. Plus a bunch of physical PS4 games.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Bro this is all dope. But ultimately it's still a PS5 and ultimately that shyt is still $700 without a disc drive. Meaning if u got a physical PS5 library the console will cost u upwards of $800 before taxes. Thats a hard pill to swallow my guy.
If you trade a ps5 in towards this, is the only way I can say its fine value.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
If you trade a ps5 in towards this, is the only way I can say its fine value.
Yea and that's cause Gamestop giving nikkas like $380 credit for a PS5 right now. But best bet is to trade ur shyt RIGHT NOW to get the most out of it. Cause who knows how much they gonna give u toward that shyt by the time it's ready to drop.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yea and that's cause Gamestop giving nikkas like $380 credit for a PS5 right now. But best bet is to trade ur shyt RIGHT NOW to get the most out of it. Cause who knows how much they gonna give u toward that shyt by the time it's ready to drop.

Already got money for my xbox (350), switch and ps5 are getting traded also.

Only thing i really see myself owning is my pro and switch 2

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I think it's time to close this thread. Let me sum up what's happened. And then I want to point out the problem with this site. And finally I'll answer two questions...

The recap is @itsyoung!! Is telling nothing but truth and the usuals are banding together to stop the bleeding. The collective stupid is that the PS5 Pro is comparable to graphic cards that are better than what the current gen systems are capable of. The truth is in the thread I made but king story short. The PS5Pro by itself is like the PS4pro which was a Marginal upgrade :francis:
Now, the Ace in Sonys sleeve is PSSR which Sony claims will do good things. The problem is nobody seen it yet and so it's unknown what benefits it'll actually bring. If it was like DLSS then victory screech for Sony Stan's. If it's FSR2 then :scusthov:
The fact Sony hasn't shown it working and the reveal was this small screen bulshyt. Nobody is feeling like this is going to pan out good EXCEPT COLI.COM SONY STANS. Everywhere else Sony gamers are outraged but if you in a cult :hula:

And this is how conversations go down when dealing with cults... EXHIBIT A

how many of these threads do we need? :comeon:
Everyone sees the multitude of ps5pro threads...
You didn’t complain about the other 5
So the cult logic is if you didn't complain about the first thread, then you can't complain about too many threads? :dahell:
it's almost like at some point it's too many :comeon:
Now watch the cults response to what he just said...
Funny how that point is now :jbhmm:
Translation: It's only shyts n giggles when my e-homies do it.
Lemme guess he complaining now that there’s threads that are more positive on the Pro? I should make 10 more for every news bite.
As they'll likely complain about this being too long, it's all deflections :umad: They have no shame in having short attention spans aka minimal intelligence but let me answer these two questions...
I'll take the L on that I thought it was stronger, the CPU may be holding shyt back too.

But also I'm curious what the DF dude was going off of then. thats a huge gap in gpus
There's no quote from DF, it's a made up quote by the OP and everyone ran with it. I watched the DF breakdown and they do not like the ps5 pro, they not claiming it is more powerful than anything. They spoke on what is on paper. On paper Sony claims it is 46% more powerful and that's how they came up with the numbers ON PAPER. In practice it'll be different because of bottlenecks and just flat out overestimations :francis:
These dudes want these guys to dumpster dive for used assorted parts that may or may not have a warranty to slight sony. Funny slight to see :laff:
And yet that was a positive when it pertained to the ps5 SSD solution :sas1:
:sas2:
:sitdown:
:stopitslime:
:camby:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Now the tech bro’s are gonna say DF is full of shyt?:jbhmm:

They've always been full of shyt :mjlol:

They were saying RDR2 was native 4k when it released on xbox only for Rockstar to release it on PC and say the lowest settings on PC are higher than graphical settings on xbox :mjlol:

Not sure if you can find a better example of cac tweets than DF

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
These dudes want these guys to dumpster dive for used assorted parts that may or may not have a warranty to slight sony. Funny slight to see :laff:
Funny thing is, it still would be the same price...... lets say we both have nothing in the crib

$300 graphics card.... I need a case, a motherboard, a chip, ram, a power supply, a hard drive, operating system, mouse, keyboard, monitor, cables, possibly controllers.........

Or I need a ps5 pro and a monitor/tv, possibly 1 extra controller

Yes I can do much more with the computer, but I'm paying much more for it.. At the end of the day, it will come down to preference. It's clear you can make a better gaming PC. The question is, do you feel the NEED to?

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Funny thing is, it still would be the same price...... lets say we both have nothing in the crib

$300 graphics card.... I need a case, a motherboard, a chip, ram, a power supply, a hard drive, operating system, mouse, keyboard, monitor, cables, possibly controllers.........

Or I need a ps5 pro and a monitor/tv, possibly 1 extra controller

Yes I can do much more with the computer, but I'm paying much more for it.. At the end of the day, it will come down to preference. It's clear you can make a better gaming PC. The question is, do you feel the NEED to?

That's the ticket and it might be easy for you and I to build a PC but we are asking cats don't know the difference between and workstation an monitor to just build or find some pre built marketplace PC