Richard Leadbetter thinks a PC on the power level of the PS5 Pro would cost "a fair a bit more", says the RTX 4070 would be the closest equivalent GPU

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
@The Devil's Advocate no dog in this fight, but let me play devil’s advocate with you :mjgrin:

Say you bought the original PS5 and now want to get the PS5 pro…you’re actually paying $700 + whatever you originally paid for the base PS5. With that money you could have just got a decked out PC in the first place

• Haha
Reactions: B86

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
@The Devil's Advocate no dog in this fight, but let me play devil’s advocate with you :mjgrin:

Say you bought the original PS5 and now want to get the PS5 pro…you’re actually paying $700 + whatever you originally paid for the base PS5. With that money you could have just got a decked out PC in the first place
Sony stans dont know finances, thats why theyre the most broke on here. They NEVER add extra controllers, head sets, monthly subscriptions, charging stations, etc or in this case ps 5 + ps5 pro cost ($1300)

Thats why @Rekkapryde legit ran when I asked him to break down how much hes spent on his PS5 over the past 4 years or so. Bet its more than a high end PC, let alone a low end PC

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh

Please, don't come in here using your common sense and elementary math skills/logical to tell somebody they are dumb as rocks :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

40XX series GPUS didn't exist when the PS5 came out, so that nullifies this argument.

Nice try though :ld:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
the 30 series had cards better than the Pro too

it should be interesting when we can get some real performance comparisons between various cards and the Pro

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This makes no sense. You do realize people can trade in/sell their PS5 and put that towards buying the Pro right? Same thing with certain PC parts. Do you hold onto your old GPU when you upgrade your computer? Or RAM/CPU? Like we're not talking about clothes or sneakers here.

Or is this another sly attempt at trolling masquerading as an unsolicited financial tip?

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The RX 6800 doesn't have the advanced RDNA4 Ray Tracing capabilities of the PS5 Pro, nor the custom AI hardware upscaling for PSSR, which is closer to DLSS than it is FSR.

that's why Leadbetter is comparing it to the 4070

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
40XX series GPUS didn't exist when the PS5 came out, so that nullifies this argument.

Do you really need a 40XX GPU though? I have an RTX2060 and it’s more than fine for my gaming purposes, and there were more powerful ones than that available at the time
:yeshrug:
This makes no sense. You do realize people can trade in/sell their PS5 and put that towards buying the Pro right? Same thing with certain PC parts. Do you hold onto your old GPU when you upgrade your computer? Or RAM/CPU?

Or is this another sly attempt at trolling masquerading as an unsolicited financial tip?
Sure, but this is a wash at best and you’re still going to be trading at a loss. Besides, that’s not even the scenario I mentioned; if you got a reasonably good GPU around the time when the PS5 came out you don’t necessarily have to upgrade now.

Let’s take my example. Specs still need to come out but from what I’m reading so far the PS5 pro is speculated to be comparable to a 4070Ti. I got my 2060 at $329 in 2020…I can probably trade it in for $150-200. Then I can get a 4070 which is around $550 right now. Knock down the trade in value and it don’t look all that bad…this doesn’t even factor in the ability to tweak and fine tune performance on a PC which you can’t do on a console.

Also, you still paying for PS Plus :ufdup:

And if you have games on disc you still gotta buy a disc drive for that pro :ufdup:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

The 2000 and 3000 series cards existed when PS5 came out and both still outperform the Ps5 :dead: what the fukk is the point of like 90% of your posts the past month

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This makes no sense. You do realize people can trade in/sell their PS5 and put that towards buying the Pro right? Same thing with certain PC parts. Do you hold onto your old GPU when you upgrade your computer? Or RAM/CPU? Like we're not talking about clothes or sneakers here.

but PC users need to buy all new parts like keyboards, hard drives, operating systems, mice, etc :mjlol: sony stans are intolerable with how stupid they are when trying to make points