Richard Leadbetter thinks a PC on the power level of the PS5 Pro would cost "a fair a bit more", says the RTX 4070 would be the closest equivalent GPU

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you really need a 40XX GPU though? I have an RTX2060 and it’s more than fine for my gaming purposes, and there were more powerful ones than that available at the time
:yeshrug:

Sure, but this is a wash at best and you’re still going to be trading at a loss. Besides, that’s not even the scenario I mentioned; if you got a reasonably good GPU around the time when the PS5 came out you don’t necessarily have to upgrade now.

Let’s take my example. Specs still need to come out but from what I’m reading so far the PS5 pro is speculated to be comparable to a 4070Ti. I got my 2060 at $329 in 2020…I can probably trade it in for $150-200. Then I can get a 4070 which is around $550 right now. Knock down the trade in value and it don’t look all that bad…this doesn’t even factor in the ability to tweak and fine tune performance on a PC which you can’t do on a console.

Also, you still paying for PS Plus :ufdup:

And if you have games on disc you still gotta buy a disc drive for that pro :ufdup:
The problem with you guys post is you compare a full ready to go console to one specific PC component. A PC isn't just a GPU and a PC isn't a console so expectations of what a console or PC can or can't do isn't of importance to me. Saying "it can't be tweaked and fine tuned" regarding performance isn't a win.
I buy a PS5 Pro tot not deal with shyt like this:

cHh6URx.png

Imagine thinking this is a flex. Waiting two years for a PS5 port only to have problems playing it.:mjlol:
That's one of my reasons I'll always have a console, to play these games day 1 on PS5 to not have to deal with headaches. Sure not every game is like that but I'm not trying to turn into an IT help desk to play some damn games.

Also, I don't really play online on PS5 so including the price of PS+ online as if that's mandatory is silly.

I'd like my PS5 Pro to meal prep for me but it doesn't.

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The problem with you guys post is you compare a full ready to go console to one specific PC component. A PC isn't just a GPU and a PC isn't a console so expectations of what a console or PC can or can't do isn't of importance to me. Saying "it can't be tweaked and fine tuned" regarding performance isn't a win.
I buy a PS5 Pro tot not deal with shyt like this:

Imagine thinking this is a flex. Waiting two years for a PS5 port only to have problems playing it :mjlol:

why is this idiot even doing comparisons, consoles are WEAK.. yall just now happy to get 60 fps and some games at 120 fps in 2024 near 2025.. thats a decade behind PC tech at the very least.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You should have just done this the first time. It would have saved you from looking silly by trying to lie about what I said. :manny:
That’s literally the same thing i said the first time.

And i’m not the one lying here. :ufdup:

From “the cell” to “gddr” to “ssd” now to “pssr” sony dummies drink the koolaide with every hardware release.

Sony stans :mjlol:

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
@The Devil's Advocate no dog in this fight, but let me play devil’s advocate with you :mjgrin:

Say you bought the original PS5 and now want to get the PS5 pro…you’re actually paying $700 + whatever you originally paid for the base PS5. With that money you could have just got a decked out PC in the first place
Or I could just sell my PS5..........

But I'll play... I bought a ps5 in 2020, 4 years ago.. So yes, TODAY, I would have had a better PC. But from 2020-2024 when I only spent $500, I wouldn't have a superior PC. In fact, I'd have had to choose 1 and the PS5 for $500 would have still been the better buy

But lets say I bought a $500 PC back then..... And now I only needed the GPU to upgrade............. I'd have a way better PC using the $700 to upgrade than I would having the PS5 Pro. But I'd have a worst system from 2020-2024 in order to do it and I've built 2 PCs.

And that's exactly why most people are going to go to Best buy, buy a ps5, have 4 years of fun.... Sell it.... Buy another 1... And do that for the rest of their lives

CAUSE IT'S EASIER AND CHEAPER... I keep saying it. If you spend more money and time, you'll have a better PC. But you won't have it for EQUAL or less of either

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

But I'll play... I bought a ps5 in 2020, 4 years ago.. So yes, TODAY, I would have had a better PC. But from 2020-2024 when I only spent $500, I wouldn't have a superior PC. In fact, I'd have had to choose 1 and the PS5 for $500 would have still been the better buy

But lets say I bought a $500 PC back then..... And now I only needed the GPU to upgrade............. I'd have a way better PC using the $700 to upgrade than I would having the PS5 Pro. But I'd have a worst system from 2020-2024 in order to do it and I've built 2 PCs.

And that's exactly why most people are going to go to Best buy, buy a ps5, have 4 years of fun.... Sell it.... Buy another 1... And do that for the rest of their lives

CAUSE IT'S EASIER AND CHEAPER... I keep saying it. If you spend more money and time, you'll have a better PC. But you won't have it for EQUAL or less of either
I always tell people unless your going to buy used parts and deals try to have at 1200 for a pc to build if you want something thats heads and shoulders better than a console and enough room to upgrade in the future.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

office-michael.gif

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang

I don’t disagree, you’re going to generally pay more. My point really is just if you bite the bullet upfront you can get a really good PC and don’t have to upgrade later down the line nor deal with the console upgrade shenanigans.

If you want the ease of use and just wanna plug and play cool, but I think the difficulty in setup and overhead people talk about concerning PC’s is overstated. From a casual gaming perspective I get it but PC is IMO the best gaming experience overall.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I always tell people unless your going to buy used parts and deals try to have at 1200 for a pc to build if you want something thats heads and shoulders better than a console and enough room to upgrade in the future.
I agree fully. Like most of us, I have a PS5 and a PC. I'm building my second one now, after not having to upgrade anything but ram since 2018. Now I've added a new power supply and GPU.. I'm literally doing what the PC guys are saying will be cheaper...

And it's not cheaper.. not at any point. Not when you upgrade. Not over years. Not any of it. Unless you are buying used parts. But then it's not gonna be cheaper than a used console so that still doesn't fit the narrative

I don’t disagree, you’re going to generally pay more. My point really is just if you bite the bullet upfront you can get a really good PC and don’t have to upgrade later down the line nor deal with the console upgrade shenanigans.

If you want the ease of use and just wanna plug and play cool, but I think the difficulty in setup and overhead people talk about concerning PC’s is overstated. From a casual gaming perspective I get it but PC is IMO the best gaming experience overall.
If you look at the thread, most of us have been saying this the entire time

The PC guys are the ones trying to come up with 150 scenarios of how it's the same amount and we're all just ignorant to that fact. When in reality, these dudes removing parts that wouldn't allow you turn on a pc without them, they are adding up used shyt, shyt on sale, walmart shyt, and hooking it up to their living room tv's, just to try to get a win... And it's still more money

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I agree fully. Like most of us, I have a PS5 and a PC. I'm building my second one now, after not having to upgrade anything but ram since 2018. Now I've added a new power supply and GPU.. I'm literally doing what the PC guys are saying will be cheaper...

And it's not cheaper.. not at any point. Not when you upgrade. Not over years. Not any of it. Unless you are buying used parts. But then it's not gonna be cheaper than a used console so that still doesn't fit the narrative

If you look at the thread, most of us have been saying this the entire time

The PC guys are the ones trying to come up with 150 scenarios of how it's the same amount and we're all just ignorant to that fact. When in reality, these dudes removing parts that wouldn't allow you turn on a pc without them, they are adding up used shyt, shyt on sale, walmart shyt, and hooking it up to their living room tv's, just to try to get a win... And it's still more money
This dudes keep crying "its so easy" which I argue its easy for people like us but imagine asking the average console buyer to do cable management in a case or shyt more less correctly seating a processor in a board :mjlol:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Did you even play Ragnarok? It already does 4k/40fps on the base PS5 for quality mode with 120hz option enabled.
High framerate mode gets up to 90fps at 1440P.
Performance mode 1440P~2160p dynamic res at 60fps.

On the Pro this thing will be pushing easily 120fps on high framerate mode with better graphics and 60fps at 4K. Resident Evil Village will be doing 120fps on the PS5 Pro.
Pro!!!
Let's go :ohlawd:

Ask a casual to build their own custom budgeted pc bruhs :mjlol: