Rachel Nichols removed from NBA Finals sidelines, replaced by Malika Andrews

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yep, nearly every recent medium to big name departure has the same story: ESPN offered a new contract at a steep decrease in pay. You have slight variations (like them basically telling Golic Sr it was time for him to get the fukk out, or them clearly getting Ariel Helwani out of there because Dana White doesn't fukk with him), but even those variations typically end with the reduced offer.

Part of it can likely be attributed to them having to cut costs despite dropping multiple billions at a time to obtain and renew broadcast rights, and depending on if you subscribe to that type of theory, part of it could be talent getting caught up in ESPN trying to get some control back from CAA.

That’s why I believe the numbers in the report are true. 1. Contract numbers leak out all the time and 2. The lower offer matches what other talents have been saying and reported.

The only talent that I believe they didn’t try and lowball recently was Skip and that’s sorely because they tried every avenue possible to pair him back with SAS even after re-signing with Fox.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s why I believe the numbers in the report are true. 1. Contract numbers leak out all the time and 2. The lower offer matches what other talents have been saying and reported.

The only talent that I believe they didn’t try and lowball recently was Skip and that’s sorely because they tried every avenue possible to pair him back with SAS even after re-signing with Fox.

Makes sense.

Basically, ESPN is picking and choosing where to spend their money. They'll pay Stephen A whatever he needs because First Take is a ratings winner in a time slot that's supposed to be a complete throwaway, and they have have proof that thst common denominator of the show's success is him. That play for Skip was what I would assume was a stretch to both potentially bring him back in to absolutely crush that time slot by eliminating their competition, and also reset Max's expectations they let him know that he's got value, but he's most certainly replaceable if a better option is even remotely available.

They'll probably pay Greenberg whatever he wants as well, since he's willing to do nearly anything they want him on, and has no problem with playing the long game to make a show his. People talk about Beadle all the time, but they forget that Get Up launched as a three host show. Greenberg waited out Jalen as well. Even got Laura Rutledge out of there when they tried sliding her in there too.

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
YEET

igt3A32.gif