VGdXO0T.png

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Makes sense.

Basically, ESPN is picking and choosing where to spend their money. They'll pay Stephen A whatever he needs because First Take is a ratings winner in a time slot that's supposed to be a complete throwaway, and they have have proof that thst common denominator of the show's success is him. That play for Skip was what I would assume was a stretch to both potentially bring him back in to absolutely crush that time slot by eliminating their competition, and also reset Max's expectations they let him know that he's got value, but he's most certainly replaceable if a better option is even remotely available.

They'll probably pay Greenberg whatever he wants as well, since he's willing to do nearly anything they want him on, and has no problem with playing the long game to make a show his. People talk about Beadle all the time, but they forget that Get Up launched as a three host show. Greenberg waited out Jalen as well. Even got Laura Rutledge out of there when they tried sliding her in there too.

You rarely see circumstances like that where high powered sports networks try to work out a deal for one particular talent. Even SAS was in trying to make it happen, which I think it’s dope and would made me feel a certain way if I was Max. I know they wanted him to make appearances on SAS’s World, but I guess Fox felt it would benefit ESPN more than them.

In the case of Get Up. It essentially has become Greeny’s show and his show only. Beadle never wanted to do Get Up anyways and only said yes because Skipper threw the bag at her, so I figured that she wasn’t going to be there long term. I’m willing to bet that they try and reduce Jalen’s contract the next time up since he’s not a host on Get Up anymore. Greeny

Greeny and SAS are probably about the only two at the company that wouldn’t be easily replaceable and could say fukk off to a paycut. I think they took the paycut anyways for the team, but still.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:troll: It wasn't because of the leaked audio, but because Adam Silver found out Jimmy fukked her in the Bubble, and didn't want anymore players getting hurt during The Finals.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
The story coming out when it did still doesn’t change the narrative though. She isn’t worth the bread she’s asking and even if ESPN wanted to give it to her, Disney has final say so. It’s amazing how ESPN is getting the brunt of the blame, when it’s been out there that Disney is forcing their hand.

Even if they wanted to give her the bread and could have, then they would have done so already. The fact that they new offer is lower than original one even after the incident should tell you all you need to know about who is truly at fault and it’s not ESPN.

This story was always eventually going to come out either way.
People are not understanding that Disney is trying to “cut the fat” out here. Ain’t nobody getting these big ads deals like they used to. Good luck to you if you’re somebody on the come up like Maria apparently is. Stephen A is getting that been around the block money. They’ll :camby: him out of here when he’s not useful anymore.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never forget your favorite nba player ran to her to do an interview even after the D Rose stuff and everything else yall like to list.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Tim brando left for FOX years ago :heh:

Greg Gumbel hosts the March Madness and Adam Zucker hosts SEC

You can tell how much I been paying attention to them shyts. I'm in the games only gang. Only ones I actually pay attention to is Ernie, Shaq, Kenny, and Chuck.

:manny::pachaha:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Even then, she’s still going to be leaving money on the table as none of the networks have major bread like that right now.

The NFL Network is even cutting salary and that’s why Prime bounced, so it’s not just ESPN with money issues.

It's understood money is going to be left on the table and that's why you look for a brand elsewhere that's just as big. Her main concern should be maintaining visibility. She has spokesperson potential outside of sports. Anyone with a little bit of vision could picture her being in a Capital One commercial or doing the Strahan path of hosting a morning talk show while still popping up in the occasional sports hosting gig

Strahan last contract on Good Morning America $17 million per year and before that he was making like $10 million per year on that shyt with Kelly Ripa all while still doing spots on a NFL studio show. Why would someone on her level of charm/professionalism/etc stay in the sports lane with execs who are only trying to chop off income?

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Shout out to Malika. She was a Nets beat reporter for ESPN all season and you could actually tell she was improving in her inquiries as the season went on.