Rachel Nichols removed from NBA Finals sidelines, replaced by Malika Andrews

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Once ESPN dropped that "SAS money" line to the NY post it felt like they were positioning to move off Maria. They knew that Nichols leak story was coming and wanted to get ahead of the narrative as best they could.

No matter what happens now the angle will be " bbbbbbut she wanted SAS money!", they played it perfectly.

That article was to get the c00n's and cacs to play into "she ain't worth stephen A money without even throwing out a number. It's natural for c00ns to react this way.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all are dancing, but I bet MT is about to get cut after the finals too. This feels like they're going to pull one of those "both sides are bad" moves.

CBS should get at her right now to host SEC on CBS. That's honestly just as high profile as a gig as the ESPN NBA host and I can't name who hosts that thing......Only Tim Brando comes to mind. I can't even tell you who their Saturday college basketball OR March Madness host is either and she can slide into those spots. Everyone at CBS is getting old, except Nate Burleson, and they a few major sports brands on their network.
CBS loses the rights of SEC football to ABC/ESPN beginning 2024. College basketball is only really relevant with CBS for a month with March Madness.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Once ESPN dropped that "SAS money" line to the NY post it felt like they were positioning to move off Maria. They knew that Nichols leak story was coming and wanted to get ahead of the narrative as best they could.

No matter what happens now the angle will be " bbbbbbut she wanted SAS money!", they played it perfectly.

They didn’t even have to use the SAS line seeing as it’s open knowledge now that Disney is forcing ESPN to watch their spending. Everyone is being offered lower than market deals and I figured Taylor was going to be one of those as well.

Their play seems to be offer talents a contract you know they won’t accept (depending on the person) and that saves them the optics when that person leaves. Disney is the culprit, but ESPN is taking the fall.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That article was to get the c00n's and cacs to play into "she ain't worth stephen A money without even throwing out a number. It's natural for c00ns to react this way.

Nahhhh I believe the numbers were legit she just didn’t factor the COVID-19 pandemic decimating Disney’s bread. Remember ESPN used to throw away contract money like crazy for years, so I can see why she thought she could get it.

calh45

Cal
Daps
CBS loses the rights of SEC football to ABC/ESPN beginning 2024. College basketball is only really relevant with CBS for a month with March Madness.

They have March Madness, The Masters (she's from Georgia), NFL on CBS (James Brown is 70 years old).

Those three brands alone are high profile enough that it would be a lateral move at worst and the most notable hosts tied to them don't have replacements. Personally, if it were advising her, I'd say to look into the college basketball/march madness gig and run with it. With the NIL there's going to be less kids bailing to the pros and it's going to be interesting again.....and college basketball is half the year.