Rachel Nichols removed from NBA Finals sidelines, replaced by Malika Andrews

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They have March Madness, The Masters (she's from Georgia), NFL on CBS (James Brown is 70 years old).

Those three brands alone are high profile enough that it would be a lateral move at worst and the most notable hosts tied to them don't have replacements. Personally, if it were advising her, I'd say to look into the college basketball/march madness gig and run with it. With the NIL there's going to be less kids bailing to the pros and it's going to be interesting again.

Even then, she’s still going to be leaving money on the table as none of the networks have major bread like that right now.

The NFL Network is even cutting salary and that’s why Prime bounced, so it’s not just ESPN with money issues.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
They didn’t even have to use the SAS line seeing as it’s open knowledge now that Disney is forcing ESPN to watch their spending. Everyone is being offered lower than market deals and I figured Taylor was going to be one of those as well.

Their play seems to be offer talents a contract you know they won’t accept (depending on the person) and that saves them the optics when that person leaves. Disney is the culprit, but ESPN is taking the fall.
Under normal circumstances? Sure, they wouldn't need to plant anything.

Given the fact that this bomb was in the pipeline and gonna place the microscope squarely on Taylor/Nichols ? The SAS money story popping up a few days prior was absolutely planned and a chess move. They accomplished their goal and the narrative is set.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Under normal circumstances? Sure, they wouldn't need to plant anything.

Given the fact that this bomb was in the pipeline and gonna place the microscope squarely on Taylor/Nichols ? The SAS money story popping up a few days prior was absolutely planned and a chess move. They accomplished their goal and the narrative is set.

The story coming out when it did still doesn’t change the narrative though. She isn’t worth the bread she’s asking and even if ESPN wanted to give it to her, Disney has final say so. It’s amazing how ESPN is getting the brunt of the blame, when it’s been out there that Disney is forcing their hand.

Even if they wanted to give her the bread and could have, then they would have done so already. The fact that they new offer is lower than original one even after the incident should tell you all you need to know about who is truly at fault and it’s not ESPN.

This story was always eventually going to come out either way.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didn’t even have to use the SAS line seeing as it’s open knowledge now that Disney is forcing ESPN to watch their spending. Everyone is being offered lower than market deals and I figured Taylor was going to be one of those as well.

Their play seems to be offer talents a contract you know they won’t accept (depending on the person) and that saves them the optics when that person leaves. Disney is the culprit, but ESPN is taking the fall.

Yep, nearly every recent medium to big name departure has the same story: ESPN offered a new contract at a steep decrease in pay. You have slight variations (like them basically telling Golic Sr it was time for him to get the fukk out, or them clearly getting Ariel Helwani out of there because Dana White doesn't fukk with him), but even those variations typically end with the reduced offer.

Part of it can likely be attributed to them having to cut costs despite dropping multiple billions at a time to obtain and renew broadcast rights, and depending on if you subscribe to that type of theory, part of it could be talent getting caught up in ESPN trying to get some control back from CAA.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Y'all are dancing, but I bet MT is about to get cut after the finals too. This feels like they're going to pull one of those "both sides are bad" moves.

CBS should get at her right now to host SEC on CBS. That's honestly just as high profile as a gig as the ESPN NBA host and I can't name who hosts that thing......Only Tim Brando comes to mind. I can't even tell you who their Saturday college basketball OR March Madness host is either and she can slide into those spots. Everyone at CBS is getting old, except Nate Burleson, and they a few major sports brands on their network.

Tim brando left for FOX years ago :heh:

Greg Gumbel hosts the March Madness and Adam Zucker hosts SEC

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Where's STAK5 p*ssy ass

200.gif

AccomplishedDefinitiveCaudata-size_restricted.gif

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
More screen time for my baby :noah::wub:.

Watch this whole thing have been orchestrated by Malika on some Littlefinger shyt. She’s at home like