Pistons have fired Monty Williams

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think coaches can double dip like that unless he had it stipulated in his contract
Nah they can

There’s been a few instances where coaches were getting paid by their former team

The money is guaranteed. So either the remaining years are paid out up front or the
team will pay out instalments over the years

lib123

All Star
Daps
Nah they can

There’s been a few instances where coaches were getting paid by their former team

The money is guaranteed. So either the remaining years are paid out up front or the
team will pay out instalments over the years

I wonder if the contracts are structured like NFL coaching contracts where if Monty takes a new job, his new salary will be subtracted from what the Pistons owe him?

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I wonder if the contracts are structured like NFL coaching contracts where if Monty takes a new job, his new salary will be subtracted from what the Pistons owe him?
Typically speaking there’s offset language. That’s part of the reason Monty got a big bag from the Pistons, he was already getting $8M a year from the Suns not to work.

Very rare for guys to be able to double dip

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
I think Monty is a great guy

But he was going out of his way to make sure that Detroit had every reason to fire him. During the losing streak especially - there was WILD shyt he was doing before they got in the 20+ straight losses territory that got major attention.

The Pistons weren't tanking this year. They still found ways to look worse than the Hornets, Grizzlies, and Blazers who at times had entire rotations of journeymen.
I still can't believe the Pistons swept the season series against the Hornets, 3-0.

And people wanted me to tell me Clifford deserved another season :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I still can't believe the Pistons swept the season series against the Hornets, 3-0.

And people wanted me to tell me Clifford deserved another season :mjlol:
the fact they lost 30 straight kept the lights off how bad charlotte was this year :whew: people still think miles bridges has value

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Monty had the worst rotations

One game last year we take a timeout with 3 minutes left to go in the half. Playing at Indiana. He proceeds to keep the bench players in and didn't sub the starters til the last possession of the half

This was a close game. We win 20+ with just an average coach last year. Monty was horrible and the fact ownership is willing to eat his contract :blessed: