Pistons have fired Monty Williams

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Pistons are retarded. They aren't going to be good anytime soon with that roster. I would have kept him on at least 2 more years before even considering firing Monty.

Naw he had to go. He was terrible and coached the entire first half of the season attempting to get fired.

No way we should have had the worst record in the nba

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Monty had the worst rotations

One game last year we take a timeout with 3 minutes left to go in the half. Playing at Indiana. He proceeds to keep the bench players in and didn't sub the starters til the last possession of the half

This was a close game. We win 20+ with just an average coach last year. Monty was horrible and the fact ownership is willing to eat his contract :blessed:
That’s the biggest takeaway for me. Ownership realized they fukked up early with Monty, ate the money and was willing to move forward with a clean slate. Not a lot of ownership groups would do that/have the financial wherewithal to do so.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
NBA coaches have it made. Get fired, still get paid.

If I get fired, I gotta hurry up, file for unemployment, once I get approved, I still have to make it look like I'm looking for work, and on top of that, unemployment might be 60% of what I made at the job, and it is only for 6 months, which is gonna feel like 3 months:bryan:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
31 different players played actual minutes for the Pistons last year
24 of them appeared in 10 games or more
Idk how people here can't see he was fukking terrible and just throwing shyt at the wall basically the entire season
Yes the roster was bad but not nearly 30 losses in a row bad

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
31 different players played actual minutes for the Pistons last year
24 of them appeared in 10 games or more
Idk how people here can't see he was fukking terrible and just throwing shyt at the wall basically the entire season
Yes the roster was bad but not nearly 30 losses in a row bad
You can’t convince me that Monty wasn’t deliberately trying to get fired. He did shyt that made absolutely no sense