Monty Williams: "I should have played Jaden Ivey and not benched him. I have to eat that"

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never saw a coach so blatantly and openly throw a player under the bus like Monty did ayton :mjlol:
And folks gonna act like it didnt happen. Monty wasnt fukking with Ayton damn near the moment he got there. It’s understandable you wont like everyone in your lockerroom but damn.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:dahell:Im a Bulls fan. Not a stan of Ayton. If Monty stay having a player feeling like odd man out, that is a Monty thing.
they're both clowns. ayton went to portland and gave even less of a fukk if anyone's been paying attention

but what monty did to ivey was straight up bizarre and unwarranted. he's gotta be trying to get fired fr

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they're both clowns. ayton went to portland and gave even less of a fukk if anyone's been paying attention

but what monty did to ivey was straight up bizarre and unwarranted. he's gotta be trying to get fired fr
Agreed. He played up and down when the man should easily be like 24 and 12 based on his frame and ability. He coasts like mad. Monty froze his ass out nearly immediately. Him keeping Ivey down for Killian Hayes is a bum ass move.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
His current wife has cancer and just finished chemo and is now cancer free.

I swear he took this job just cuz of the insane money and cuz the Pistons are partnered with Wayne State University and Karmanos which has one of the best cancer research treatment centers in America
He remarried that quickly after losing a wife in that fashion?

Goddamn...

jayjon85

Pro
Daps

You haven't been watching Portland. He's been solid and has been giving max effort despite not getting as many touches. You can see the difference in his mood in Portland. They tried to say Ayton wanted more touches in Phoenix but it was never about getting more touches.

jayjon85

Pro
Daps
Agreed. He played up and down when the man should easily be like 24 and 12 based on his frame and ability. He coasts like mad. Monty froze his ass out nearly immediately. Him keeping Ivey down for Killian Hayes is a bum ass move.
Monty never included him in the offense so he was never going to average 24 and 12. Monty ran more plays for Shamet than Ayton when Ayton was the second-best player on the team.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You haven't been watching Portland. He's been solid and has been giving max effort despite not getting as many touches. You can see the difference in his mood in Portland. They tried to say Ayton wanted more touches in Phoenix but it was never about getting more touches.
this is straight up cap or cope i don't know which :dead:

even before he started taking vacations, he wasn't getting touches because he didn't want them lmao. who the fukk else was gonna take shots on that portland team? if he was even halfway awake most nights then he'd be eating free because all you have to do to stop portland is blitz their perimeter guys high and their offense is dead in the water.

he literally has the lowest usage rate of his career in portland

there's a clear lane and *need* for him to be the guy there not just for himself but all their young players and he couldn't care less.

jayjon85

Pro
Daps
this is straight up cap or cope i don't know which :dead:

even before he started taking vacations, he wasn't getting touches because he didn't want them lmao. who the fukk else was gonna take shots on that portland team? if he was even halfway awake most nights then he'd be eating free because all you have to do to stop portland is blitz their perimeter guys high and their offense is dead in the water.

he literally has the lowest usage rate of his career in portland

there's a clear lane and *need* for him to be the guy there not just for himself but all their young players and he couldn't care less.
Statements like that already show you haven't watched Portland this season. Both Ant and Brogden were out the majority of the season. Why would teams blitz Scoot Henderson and Shaden Sharpe? Teams have been clogging the paint and giving no Ayton room to work. Also, Chancey has given Grant the ultimate green light this season. His usage is low because he's been playing with bad guard play. He hasn't even got a chance to play that many games with Ant because he's been out for 3 weeks.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Monty never included him in the offense so he was never going to average 24 and 12. Monty ran more plays for Shamet than Ayton when Ayton was the second-best player on the team.
Oh I agree! He froze the kid out flagrantly. I compare him to Lauri during the Jim Boylen years. Yes he is damn near 7 feet but he players like a wing. Boylen said if he wants touches, rebound. :dahell: fukked his game up and iced him out of the offense except for spot ups. Ayton if featured I could see averaging 24/12 and almost a block with ease. Big ups to Monty for helping that team evolve a bit but wtf was his beef with the #1 draft pick???

jayjon85

Pro
Daps
Oh I agree! He froze the kid out flagrantly. I compare him to Lauri during the Jim Boylen years. Yes he is damn near 7 feet but he players like a wing. Boylen said if he wants touches, rebound. :dahell: fukked his game up and iced him out of the offense except for spot ups. Ayton if featured I could see averaging 24/12 and almost a block with ease. Big ups to Monty for helping that team evolve a bit but wtf was his beef with the #1 draft pick???
Monty is a stubborn coach. It's his way and only his way. He'll stick with his guys no matter what. I also don't think he likes coaching young players. He either gets them traded or doesn't play them at all. He was like that in NO, Phoenix, and now Detriot.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Statements like that already show you haven't watched Portland this season. Both Ant and Brogden were out the majority of the season. Why would teams blitz Scoot Henderson and Shaden Sharpe? Teams have been clogging the paint and giving no Ayton room to work. Also, Chancey has given Grant the ultimate green light this season. His usage is low because he's been playing with bad guard play. He hasn't even got a chance to play that many games with Ant because he's been out for 3 weeks.
because they're indecisive goofballs who will stop cold and waste half the shotclock before resetting anything and forcing their own squad into bad shots with minimal effort from the defense :dead:

some of that could be helped if he set a real screen instead of pantomiming or actually sealing anyone to force a team to collapse on him. dude got multiple games of fewer than 10 shots - like he isn't one of the most athletically gifted bigs in the league. the excuses people make for him is crazy.

edit: forgot all about this shyt too lol this man is paid and unserious