Monty Williams: "I should have played Jaden Ivey and not benched him. I have to eat that"

jayjon85

Pro
Daps
because they're indecisive goofballs who will stop cold and waste half the shotclock before resetting anything and forcing their own squad into bad shots with minimal effort from the defense :dead:

some of that could be helped if he set a real screen instead of pantomiming or actually sealing anyone to force a team to collapse on him. dude got multiple games of fewer than 10 shots - like he isn't one of the most athletically gifted bigs in the league. the excuses people make for him is crazy.

edit: forgot all about this shyt too lol this man is paid and unserious

The main objective of blitzing a player is to get the ball out of their hands. Why would a team not want the ball in the hands of Scoot who is a turnover machine and can't shoot and Sharpe who also can't shoot? They even had Mays and Minaya playing during some games. A successful screen is dependent on both the screener and the ball handler. Portland's young guards don't know how to correctly use a screen. There's more to basketball than being big and athletic.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is straight up cap or cope i don't know which :dead:

even before he started taking vacations, he wasn't getting touches because he didn't want them lmao. who the fukk else was gonna take shots on that portland team? if he was even halfway awake most nights then he'd be eating free because all you have to do to stop portland is blitz their perimeter guys high and their offense is dead in the water.

he literally has the lowest usage rate of his career in portland

there's a clear lane and *need* for him to be the guy there not just for himself but all their young players and he couldn't care less.
Thank you, sir.I've been telling people for years;Ayton just don't want it.He's not built for it.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The main objective of blitzing a player is to get the ball out of their hands. Why would a team not want the ball in the hands of Scoot who is a turnover machine and can't shoot and Sharpe who also can't shoot? They even had Mays and Minaya playing during some games. A successful screen is dependent on both the screener and the ball handler. Portland's young guards don't know how to correctly use a screen. There's more to basketball than being big and athletic.
portland fans are wayyy too used to making excuses for dame so this young team scapegoat prevention shyt is clearly new to yal lol

easy example - suggs can't shoot for shyt either, but the difference between him appearing serviceable and scoot being under the microscope is a frontcourt that will never get accused of taking nights off. like i ain't even look and i know portland is a bottom 3 ORTG team in the league that's probably in love with taking 2pt FGAs out of desperation offense.

ayton is one of the most athletic bigs in the league and is openly on his andrew bynum shyt. you cannot point to another guy as gifted as him at his position that seals less, dives fewer, and screens weaker than ayton.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
They need to just credit chris Paul.
with how the suns ramped and stop hatin. The press robbed paul of the first jokic mvp. On some white hope racist shyt.
I am not a big Paul fan at all. Yet Paul was robbed and that fraud coach is ruining the pistons. Who have the talent on paper. Which Williams is never gonna work up and should never have been hired. Especially since Williams failed to ramp ayton and ayton by pedigree should not have had any issues whatsoever.
Williams has failed to also ramp.

Bagley

Wiseman

he should never be able to coach again.
after failing to properly ramp three high pedigree bigs.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Thank you, sir.I've been telling people for years;Ayton just don't want it.He's not built for it.

I feel this too about ayton.

Yet Williams should after the success of Paul ramping ayton. Should have some skill in ramping high draft pedigree bigs.
.from what we have seen he has not ramped ayton, bagley or Wiseman.

So why is he a coach on this level. When he failed to ramp there high draft pedigree bigs now.

In corporate America you can oay attention to things never becoming constant as an indicator of where the issue lies. With the Detroit pistons coach. That failure to consistently ramp high draft pedigree bigs is rhe indicator something Is systemically flawed.
Plus to eliminate that constant system flaw. This is basketball. You can not coach basketball and continue to fail.
at ramping a high pedigree draft picks at center.
to skill serviceable As a pro.

Like how is that being tolerated.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
portland fans are wayyy too used to making excuses for dame so this young team scapegoat prevention shyt is clearly new to yal lol

easy example - suggs can't shoot for shyt either, but the difference between him appearing serviceable and scoot being under the microscope is a frontcourt that will never get accused of taking nights off. like i ain't even look and i know portland is a bottom 3 ORTG team in the league that's probably in love with taking 2pt FGAs out of desperation offense.

ayton is one of the most athletic bigs in the league and is openly on his andrew bynum shyt. you cannot point to another guy as gifted as him at his position that seals less, dives fewer, and screens weaker than ayton.

Ayton has a few surface issues that also in my critique of Williams. Is also how Williams has managed to escape critique. It is obvious once ayton got popped for ped. That ayton was all powder as far as physique. That ayton is not really built for the recovery needed. to really have a real nba developed body and also play as a pro. As it is obvious from watching ped ayton to pop'd off cycle ayton. That ayton does not want to get back the muscle.
Ayton fake put on with peds. Plus lacks what peds may have given him.
via recovery naturally as wlel. As I see drive issue with ayton. Along with suffering from being a deer in headlights.
Along with the mental trap of using ped's. Then being to attached to ped use.
to do it without ped use. Which is probably how Williams.
has gotten leeway to fail ayton bagley and wiseman.

Art Barr