Over a year later; I want the smoke...Last Of Us II story isn't good.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, its like trying to argue whether or not there will be blood or gladiator are good well-written movies. It’s like at this point, you’re just talking to a wall. The games legacy is cemented

The fact that people bring it up so often to talk about the story just keeps it more relevant. It’s probably the most talked about game ever. The subreddit is still active and acts as a support group for the people that hate it. Lol

People can argue that RDR2 or whatever is better (its not) but no one is actively talking about its story anywhere, even when the game came out it wasn’t that big of a deal.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, its like trying to argue whether or not there will be blood or gladiator are good well-written movies. It’s like at this point, you’re just talking to a wall. The games legacy is cemented

The fact that people bring it up so often to talk about the story just keeps it more relevant. It’s probably the most talked about game ever. The subreddit is still active and acts as a support group for the people that hate it. Lol
Haters are fans too. Never seen a game that inspired such passion in its lovers and haters alike.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People can argue that RDR2 or whatever is better (its not) but no one is actively talking about its story anywhere, even when the game came out it wasn’t that big of a deal.

I remember the crying about the controls and unnecessarily tight mission structure (valid; it’s time for R* to address it), but the story did hit like a mf and the interactivity was next level

Difference is one is a consensus GOTY :mjgrin:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I remember the crying about the controls and unnecessarily tight mission structure (valid; it’s time for R* to address it), but the story did hit like a mf and the interactivity was next level

Difference is one is a consensus GOTY :mjgrin:

Still lost to God of War :sas2:

Also spinoff thread created

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I mean, if she’s evil for the killing, then she was evil in the first game too right?

there are definitely things you can criticise, but the characterisation of Ellie from game 1 to game 2 isn’t one of them imo

I don't agree anyone is evil for killing in self-defense--Ellie nor Joel. That isn't my issue.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't agree anyone is evil for killing in self-defense--Ellie nor Joel. That isn't my issue.

So in your definition, they could both be considered evil in the first game too no?

Either way, I’m not sure how you think Ellie should have been in the 2nd given her circumstances, that was my maint point of disagreement

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
The game play is god tier but the story trash I dont care about any of these people but killing is fun :yeshrug:

The last of us is a very pedestrian story but the acting is very genuine

The acting in this feels phony

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The deep critique TLOU2 attracts always cracks me up
When the avg videogame's story is some weak shyt on the level of Devil May Cry
Even Kojima shyt be like he ingests shrooms :skip:
:hubie:

I agree

Mass Effect is my favorite video game...pretty derivative story/universe and PLENTY of plot holes and contrivances.

But, TLOU2 is called "Something Greater Than A Video Game" and I'm challenging that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:hubie:

I agree

Mass Effect is my favorite video game...pretty derivative story/universe and PLENTY of plot holes and contrivances.

But, TLOU2 is called "Something Greater Than A Video Game" and I'm challenging that.

the fact that theres two discussions about the story well over a year later kind of proves it is a significant departure from a typical "good" video game story. I feel like continuing the argue against it is futile.

it's almost as if the more you fight against it the more it contradicts the argument. Look at the RDR2 thread even people that disagree with me don't even feel passionate enough about it to pose a counter argument.

you can basically go into the comment section of any TLOU2 news story and seem a fiery back and forth about it