Over a year later; I want the smoke...Last Of Us II story isn't good.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
she knew he lied to her at the end of the first game which started it. thats why joel has that monologue with tommy in the opening talking about it because he felt guilty and knew she figured it out

She loves Joel enough to go through hell and back :hula: She's upset he took meaning out of her life

It is jumbled, melodramatic bullshyt plot points to make the game needlessly dreary

Just like ppl being 1960's type homophobic in 2044. Ellie grew up from 14 to 19 in a damn compound, not on the run or constantly at war.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
She loves Joel enough to go through hell and back :hula: She's upset he took meaning out of her life

It is jumbled, melodramatic bullshyt plot points to make the game needlessly dreary

Just like ppl being 1960's type homophobic in 2044. Ellie grew up from 14 to 19 in a damn compound, not on the run or constantly at war.

nope i get it. If i have a falling out with a family member over some bullshyt and we're not talking thats one thing. If someone brutally murders them in front of me of course im gonna want to knock their head off

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
nope i get it. If i have a falling out with a family member over some bullshyt and we're not talking thats one thing. If someone brutally murders them in front of me of course im gonna want to knock their head off

You're trolling me, now. I've never made the argument against Ellie wanting to avenge Joel. :francis:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Story didn’t pull me in like the first and definitely had pacing issues and some questionable writing

but the whole package I rated a 9.3

Story and acting still better then anything that has been or will ever come from an Xbox title

Genos

Superstar
Daps

Do you not have relationships with fukked up people who may do fukked up things to you out of love? Like parents?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:russ: They didn't have any beef. You don't talk to Ellie til the "Big Lie" scene.

I don't get what ya'll trying to prove. Ellie started hating Joel in the first game, now?
Nobody said Ellie hated Joel in the first game.
:gucci:

What we are saying is that by the end of the game, it was clear to the player what Ellie would have wanted if given the choice to sacrifice herself for a cure, or leave with Joel.

That's why the lie Joel told at the end was such a big deal and everyone knew that lie would have consequences in the sequel.

If you played all the way through last of us and felt like it had a happy ending then you weren't really paying attention.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, that scene didn't mean anything because "it was in the middle of the game," but, it meant enough for Ellie to forgive Joel and built the relationship, again??

I'm sorry, I think the "I'm angry at Joel for not leaving me with the Fireflies to die."

This was the last conversation that they have before Joel gets knocked out and wakes up and Ellie is in surgery.

:russ: They didn't have any beef. You don't talk to Ellie til the "Big Lie" scene.

I don't get what ya'll trying to prove. Ellie started hating Joel in the first game, now?

During the ending part of the game, after Joel kills Marlene, and you’re walking as Ellie, it’s very obvious that their relationship is weird. Joel is trying to talk about future plans and converse with Ellie while she seems uninterested and unfocused.

Did you really watch this ending, from 6:00 minutes and on, and not pick up on Ellie’s feelings at the moment?

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
During the ending part of the game, after Joel kills Marlene, and you’re walking as Ellie, it’s very obvious that their relationship is weird. Joel is trying to talk about future plans and converse with Ellie while she seems uninterested and unfocused.

Did you really watch this ending, from 6:00 minutes and on, and not pick up on Ellie’s feelings at the moment?

Aight, ya'll just different. :laugh:

I'm reading the Last of Us thread, now.

People weren't talking about Ellie's relationship souring with Joel.

Of course the big convo was; is Joel right for making that decision.

I think people are projecting their feelings on the character.

She was 14 and ya'll thought she legit was ready to die to maybe save the world.

I don't see it and I don't do that with stories.

I judge them based on what's there.

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Nobody said Ellie hated Joel in the first game.

Blame Gonzo for talking in circles. I started the thread off with the critique that they didn't execute the complex emotion of being upset at Joel for his decision at the end of the with the baggage of rage at Abby.

Seriously, why would her memory of Joel stop her from killing Abby after she apparently couldn't live a peaceful life knowing Abby was alive?

They made the plot needlessly convoluted with the "mad at Joel...but, I miss him, stuff." You having flashbacks and ready to kill, you not still upset about a decision he made 5 years ago.

Another problem with this game is making it a personal story rather than expanding on the world and possibly continuing to get a cure.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Blame Gonzo for talking in circles. I started the thread off with the critique that they didn't execute the complex emotion of being upset at Joel for his decision at the end of the with the baggage of rage at Abby.

Seriously, why would her memory of Joel stop her from killing Abby after she apparently couldn't live a peaceful life knowing Abby was alive?

They made the plot needlessly convoluted with the "mad at Joel...but, I miss him, stuff." You having flashbacks and ready to kill, you not still upset about a decision he made 5 years ago.

Another problem with this game is making it a personal story rather than expanding on the world and possibly continuing to get a cure.

tlou has always been a personal story, people dont love it because of the zombies

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Let me rep abby set before i retire

S-P1hF.gif

25ab52772cdf816c588d29f17a1829fde5f245ce.gifv

the-last-of-us2-tlou2.gif

tlou2.gif

Abby hitting that double eagle off Joel dome is a top 10 moment in gaming :wow:

An event so powerful it both killed a generation of incels and created a generation of incels at the same time :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Abby hitting that double eagle off Joel dome is a top 10 moment in gaming :wow:

An event so powerful it both killed a generation of incels and created a generation of incels at the same time :wow:

the way people feel so passionate about that i wouldn't be surprised if it caused real trauma to some people.

i started to kind of feel that way when they did the fake-out barrett death in FF7.