Over a year later; I want the smoke...Last Of Us II story isn't good.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not a revision, what scene are you referring, too? Again, I could give you a totally opposite reason Ellie wanted to live a life with Joel;

She runs away when Joel tell her 'Hey, I gonna leave you with the Fireflies and never see you, again.'

Ellie whole deal was being propitious and light-heart despite the shyt she was going through.

Suicidal = Wishing Joel left her with the Fireflies for a surgery that 100% gonna kill her and "might" have save humanity.

What revision? She straight up didn't want to go and Joel had to explain to her the "value" she had to the Fireflies....but, ya'll swear she was some hero. SHE STRAIGHT UP IS ARGUING AGAINST GOING TO THE FIREFLIES.

It’s weird how you’re using a scene from the middle of the game that completely skips over all the growth and time that passed from that scene until the ending.

How Ellie treats Joel is entirely different at the end of the game and his last lie changed their relationship. Almost the entirety of the 2nd game is Ellie learning to forgive herself and forgiving Joel. Her rampage is fueled because she was on the brink of trying to build her relationship with Joel again but he was suddenly taken from her before she could.

Edit: Let’s not also forget how important the TLOU DLC is in setting up Ellie’s character and her desire for her life to mean something.

Last edited:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I think it was amazing, and even groundbreaking with the way it was tied to the gameplay.

All the points you bring up have been brought up already and they're not really built on anything substantial...
For example, saying that the whole point of the first game was her getting accepted by Joel is just one-sided. That's Joel's perspective.

Ellie's was finding meaning in her life, death and immunity. Something that Joel robs her of at the end of the game. Which also addresses your other point about how she developed personality-wise (without even considering the fact that we only see her after a fight and attempt at reconciliation with Joel, or mourning, so making what we saw the entirety of the character's personality is probably unwise). That's great writing, and it's complemented by the series of flashbacks showing the evolution of her relationship with Joel.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

She knew he was lying from the jump.

The link is down but found a transcript from an interview Druckmann did shortly after the first one came out.

http://o.canada.com/2013/09/17/the-last-of-us-how-the-games-creator-envisions-its-ending/

He wasn't retconned as an evil mass killer, but even in the first game, it's heavily implied that Joel has done some fukked up shyt in his past. Hell, as a playable character we do fukked up shyt with him.

In the first game Tommy said he has nightmares from the time where Joel took care of him. Ellie asked if he killed a bunch of innocent people and he didn't say no.

Ellie hating Joel for saving her is some dumb shyt

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The GOAT franchise and I can't wait for part 3....

Literally the only video game series where I'm invested in the world/story to the point where Im excited about the live action series coming. I even watch shytty youtube fan made shyt....it's that fukkin cold :wow:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Joel is a bad guy narrative became popular after TLOU2 when everyone knew he was a demon from the first game :mjlol:
After the first game everyone knew Joel's actions would come back to bite him in the ass. We all knew he'd most likely die in the sequel and before TLOU2 released, everyone was speculating that Joel was dead and Ellie was talking to herself in the trailers. The only real surprise was his death being so early and then having to play as his killer for half the game.

I don't understand how the narrative now is that Ellie and Joel rode off to live happily ever after at the end of the first game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
After the first game everyone knew Joel's actions would come back to bite him in the ass. We all knew he'd most likely die in the sequel and before TLOU2 released, everyone was speculating that Joel was dead and Ellie was talking to herself in the trailers. The only real surprise was his death being so early and then having to play as his killer for half the game.

I don't understand how the narrative now is that Ellie and Joel rode off to live happily ever after at the end of the first game.

yeah, it was a perfect escalation of events.

Everyone should have known he was dead when the first gameplay trailer only showed ellie fighting and runnign away from the seraphites

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, it was a perfect escalation of events.

Everyone should have known he was dead when the first gameplay trailer only showed ellie fighting and runnign away from the seraphites
shyt I remember when they kept putting false clues in every trailer/reveal that pointed to it being Dina that Ellie was getting revenge for to throw people off..

and literally NOBODY fell for that shyt even before the leak, every forum said the same shyt

“no one would care about Dina dying, it’s clearly Joel that’s dead during these events”

yet, when Joel dies..

*outrage and shocked pikachu face*

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
shyt I remember when they kept putting false clues in every trailer/reveal that pointed to it being Dina that Ellie was getting revenge for to throw people off..

and literally NOBODY fell for that shyt even before the leak, every forum said the same shyt

“no one would care about Dina dying, it’s clearly Joel that’s dead during these events”

yet, when Joel dies..

*outrage and shocked pikachu face*

yeah, i called it from the first teaser of her playing the guitar. It just doesn't make sense narrative wise for ellie to care that much about anyone else but Joel.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
It’s weird how you’re using a scene from the middle of the game that completely skips over all the growth and time that passed from that scene until the ending.

How Ellie treats Joel is entirely different at the end of the game and his last lie changed their relationship. Almost the entirety of the 2nd game is Ellie learning to forgive herself and forgiving Joel. Her rampage is fueled because she was on the brink of trying to build her relationship with Joel again but he was suddenly taken from her before she could.

Edit: Let’s not also forget how important the TLOU DLC is in setting up Ellie’s character and her desire for her life to mean something.

So, that scene didn't mean anything because "it was in the middle of the game," but, it meant enough for Ellie to forgive Joel and built the relationship, again??

I'm sorry, I think the "I'm angry at Joel for not leaving me with the Fireflies to die."

This was the last conversation that they have before Joel gets knocked out and wakes up and Ellie is in surgery.

:russ: They didn't have any beef. You don't talk to Ellie til the "Big Lie" scene.

I don't get what ya'll trying to prove. Ellie started hating Joel in the first game, now?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So, that scene didn't mean anything because "it was in the middle of the game," but, it meant enough for Ellie to forgive Joel and built the relationship, again??

I'm sorry, I think the "I'm angry at Joel for not leaving me with the Fireflies to die."

This was the last conversation that they have before Joel gets knocked out and wakes up and Ellie is in surgery.

:russ: They didn't have any beef. You don't talk to Ellie til the "Big Lie" scene.

I don't get what ya'll trying to prove. Ellie started hating Joel in the first game, now?

she knew he lied to her at the end of the first game which started it. thats why joel has that monologue with tommy in the opening talking about it because he felt guilty and knew she figured it out