Over a year later; I want the smoke...Last Of Us II story isn't good.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mjlol: No, it's not. This is thecoli.

and how many other games are talked about more than two weeks after release on here? we're at the point where even popular games don't get more than 5 pages

much less a year and half later? The official thread has a record number of pages, combined with teh fact that there are well over 30 threads in total for the game. thats not typical here

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
The game play is god tier but the story trash I dont care about any of these people but killing is fun :yeshrug:

The last of us is a very pedestrian story but the acting is very genuine

The acting in this feels phony

:wtf:
Maybe you mean the situations they're in (or dialogue, which i think is great) seem forced. Because the acting, especially paired with the animations, facial animations, graphics etc. It's smoking on top 5's.

People hate Joel's death scene because it's Joel, and human mentality is to automatically hate what you don't agree with. But it's probably the most impactful moment in gaming since at least 2018. A lot of it has to do with the acting. If Ellie (for example) felt phony in Joel's death scene to you (Ashley Johnson killed it). I'd like to see what you think is good acting in a game. Because i'd argue it's the best ever maybe even over RDR2. & TLOU1. There's so many emotions in this game it makes people emotional irl (wouldn't be possible if the acting felt phony).

It's your opinion though. I don't agree with it, but i respect it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:wtf:
Maybe you mean the situations they're in (or dialogue, which i think is great) seem forced. Because the acting, especially paired with the animations, facial animations, graphics etc. It's smoking on top 5's.

People hate Joel's death scene because it's Joel, and human mentality is to automatically hate what you don't agree with. But it's probably the most impactful moment in gaming since at least 2018. A lot of it has to do with the acting. If Ellie (for example) felt phony in Joel's death scene to you (Ashley Johnson killed it). I'd like to see what you think is good acting in a game. Because i'd argue it's the best ever maybe even over RDR2. & TLOU1. There's so many emotions in this game it makes people emotional irl (wouldn't be possible if the acting felt phony).

It's your opinion though. I don't agree with it, but i respect it.

right. Naughty Dog is unmatched in this regard

EeJE0ly.gif

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I dont hate anyone for liking anything

If you find enjoyment in it that's great

But everything slightly off ellie is still good in it but the new cast tommy ..her girlfriend who was annoying the hell out of me in the first half.. etc it all felt like forced or like not an emotion people would have it all felt weird ...owen the pregent wolf ... it all was like okay okay let me get to the cool parts ...

The animation is beautiful the dieing the fighting

I was low on supplies at one point and ran away from the wolves and zombies [I know but get what I mean] and it felt real like I was just running away and their so much space it felt like I was making choice to run away and hide instead of it being a bunch of npc in a level

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Also I never had a game that tried to minpulate me so blatantly :francis:

Look abby dad took care of the Giraffes from the first game :wtb:

You can play catch with the dogs in abby unit :unimpressed:

Look abby really scared of heights :mjtf: (those animations are great brw

Abby a good ally :dame:

I mean abby has ever right to kill joel and I like that she tried to kill ellie girlfriend; just make her a fun psycho villain and have fun with it

Make ellie sink to her level and thats a more interesting story to me; if ellie just becomes a evil person and kills Levi at the end

let them be two scumbags who kill each other

Levi okay as a charcter but he is basically a puppy dog

Abby so much fun to play as somebody who can debo zombies and she has the best boss fight I the game ... the cult island is so much fun ..

I give the game a 7 even with all my issues anything less is disngenious

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Ellie was mad that Joel didn't let her die...though the entire first game was about her wanting to be accepted by Joe, not just some job for him to complete and move on. This is a goofy retcon simply to add shallow "emotional depth."

This is flat out wrong.
Ellie's evolution from the first game to the next was on point.

It was pretty well established that Ellie wanted to die was would have sacrificed herself to find a cure. The fireflies were the only group still looking for a cure and Joel fukked that up by killing the scientists.

Joel lied to her about what happened to the fireflies at the end of the first game and it was pretty clear what Ellie would have wanted if Joel didn't step in because of he was selfish and saw his daughter in Ellie.

The story had alot of problems but Joel and Ellie's relationship after the events of the first game was well written.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The game play is god tier but the story trash I dont care about any of these people but killing is fun :yeshrug:

The last of us is a very pedestrian story but the acting is very genuine

The acting in this feels phony
I wouldn't say all that.

I feel like this a reach. It's just too many competing narravtives.
I mean abby has ever right to kill joel and I like that she tried to kill ellie girlfriend; just make her a fun psycho villain and have fun with it

Make ellie sink to her level and thats a more interesting story to me; if ellie just becomes a evil person and kills Levi at the end

let them be two scumbags who kill each other

Levi okay as a charcter but he is basically a puppy dog

Abby so much fun to play as somebody who can debo zombies and she has the best boss fight I the game ... the cult island is so much fun ..

I give the game a 7 even with all my issues anything less is disngenious

This is the problem; they wanted to have their cake and eat it, too.

They wanted to make both Eliie and Abby a hero and jumbled together basically two stories in one and it didn't work, IMO.

You needed have them go against each other and finish it or have them become "friends." None of this non-resolve nonsense.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
She had survivor's guilt watching everyone around her die from a virus she was immune to.

If given the chance to sacrifice herself for a chance to find a cure, she would have done it. It's the whole reason everyone felt like the ending to the first game was bitter sweet.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
She had survivor's guilt watching everyone around her die from a virus she was immune to.

If given the chance to sacrifice herself for a chance to find a cure, she would have done it. It's the whole reason everyone felt like the ending to the first game was bitter sweet.

There's survival guilt and there's being suicidal. I didn't see suicidal til they decided they wanted to give Ellie a reason to hate Joel.

I think that's something you're reading into the game, rather the game showing you that.

That's my problem with the writing specifically and in bad writing, in general.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
There's survival guilt and there's being suicidal. I didn't see suicidal til they decided they wanted to give Ellie a reason to hate Joel.
From her perspective, there was a chance that she could have given her life to save everyone else. Her life had meaning until Joel took that from her.

Her hatred for Joel was valid, she wasn't suicidal at the beginning of the sequel. She was just angry with Joel which is understandable considering what happened.

I feel like there's a bit of revisionist history going on with the first game.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
From her perspective, there was a chance that she could have given her life to save everyone else. Her life had meaning until Joel took that from her.

Her hatred for Joel was valid, she wasn't suicidal at the beginning of the sequel. She was just angry with Joel which is understandable considering what happened.

I feel like there's a bit of revisionist history going on with the first game.

It's not a revision, what scene are you referring, too? Again, I could give you a totally opposite reason Ellie wanted to live a life with Joel;

She runs away when Joel tell her 'Hey, I gonna leave you with the Fireflies and never see you, again.'

Ellie whole deal was being propitious and light-heart despite the shyt she was going through.

Suicidal = Wishing Joel left her with the Fireflies for a surgery that 100% gonna kill her and "might" have save humanity.

What revision? She straight up didn't want to go and Joel had to explain to her the "value" she had to the Fireflies....but, ya'll swear she was some hero. SHE STRAIGHT UP IS ARGUING AGAINST GOING TO THE FIREFLIES.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It's not a revision, what scene are you referring, too? Again, I could give you a totally opposite reason Ellie wanted to live a life with Joel;

She runs away when Joel tell her 'Hey, I gonna leave you with the Fireflies and never see you, again.'

Ellie whole deal was being propitious and light-heart despite the shyt she was going through.

Suicidal = Wishing Joel left her with the Fireflies for a surgery that 100% gonna kill her and "might" have save humanity.

What revision? She straight up didn't want to go and Joel had to explain to her the "value" she had to the Fireflies....but, ya'll swear she was some hero. SHE STRAIGHT UP IS ARGUING AGAINST GOING TO THE FIREFLIES.

Watch the last scene of the game.

I feel like we gotta bring up the old threads and see what people thought of the ending because this shyt about ellie wanting to go and live with Joel is wrong.