OutKast Reunion is dead, says Sleepy Brown

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
That’s a southern thing. Lots of southern rappers wore it or had it on their album covers etc for years
yup ... I recall a couple of high profile ones doing it. Ye claims atl and chicago.

2560.jpg

Rap statements … from left, André 3000, Ludacris, Kanye West and Lil Jon. Composite: Vevo, PUN, Rex, TVT Records

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Hmmm..

Them niqqas HAVE to have had a big falling out.

Props to them for keeping it private all these years.

I had always imagined people that rhyme, like to rhyme. It never made me more than a few bucks but I just do it. I cannot stop. My brain just makes #barz on its own while I drive.

For Andre to drop OK so completely that he made his own separate album (then Idlewild.. which I had forgotten about) then, just nothing at all OutKast?

Last edited:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Is that an excuse? MJG had that bytch burnt up on the "No More Glory" cover. (Apparently "Glory" is the nickname of the confederate flag).

The excuse is that the south saw it as a symbol of pride or something. How they fought against the north or whatever. I’m not American so I don’t know the intricacies about what the flag has been used for over the last 200 years or whatever but apparently it was a symbol of the south not JUST a symbol of white supremacy that it seems to be seen as these days.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The excuse is that the south saw it as a symbol of pride or something. How they fought against the north or whatever. I’m not American so I don’t know the intricacies about what the flag has been used for over the last 200 years or whatever but apparently it was a symbol of the south not JUST a symbol of white supremacy that it seems to be seen as these days.
Nah black people down south don't fukk with confederate flags aside from c00ns. it was just something too non southern people into thinking they are so southern they will flip flags shock.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Lol don’t group Koonye in with the other ones. No self respecting black person is wearing that shyt in modern times…southern or not. I feel like a lot of people down here didn’t realize what it truly represented back then. Koonye on the other hand :snoop:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hmmm..

I had always imagined people that rhyme, like to rhyme. It never made me more than a few bucks but I just do it. I cannot stop. My brain just makes #barz on its own while I drive.

For Andre to drop OK so completely that he made his own separate album (then Idlewild.. which I had forgotten about) then not one peep since. With OK, that is.

Something had to have happened between them.
I don't think so Andre wanted to make sing song raps and big boi wanted to just rap,.

RegB

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember a pic went viral a few years back in Andre performing as outkast at a festival and he was rapping with his back to the crowd because he felt like the crowd wasn’t showing him enough love or something.. hope that’s not part of the reason why :beli: even ice spice gets that treatment until she starts twerking lol..

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Hmmm..

For Andre to drop OK so completely that he made his own separate album (then Idlewild.. which I had forgotten about) then not one peep since. With OK, that is.

Something had to have happened between them.
They didn’t have a big fallin out

Jive pressured them to do shyt .. vs letting them do them like laface did

How they did big with his sir lucious album

That was the last draw from Dre

How u gone shelve one member who had Grammy nominated songs

For the album

Because u want Dre to drop first

Then when big moves on u remove every song big has two songs with Dre sir lucious

N he has to start over

Dre jus got burnt out from the politics

Day time n Late nite tv used them for hey ya n big didn’t really shine on his side

Hey brought in ratings

Than when Dre sat down for idlewild … them daytime n late night shows stopped booking them

them boys always together

Anything big makes Dre ears it and give his input

If he is asked by any of the dungeoneeze he’s there with a 16

He always supporting his nephews nieces cross bamboo and Jordan

Outkast.jpg

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I just wonder why he still does rap features but no type of projects with outkast or on his own.

Maybe he just wants to flex the muscle every now and then. He’s STILL an artist just not full time and hasn’t been for the last twenty years.

He’s already said over and over he doesn’t love rap that like anymore. He doesn’t buy into his own hype or legend. He doesn’t want the responsibility of “saving” the genre. And wants to work with and how he wants with no stipulations.

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think so Andre wanted to make sing song raps and big boi wanted to just rap,.
If you a fan of dre I don't know why this would surprise you.
He always said he would rather retire early than overstay his welcome.
Plus in interviews he said that hip hop embodies how the youth see the world.