OutKast Reunion is dead, says Sleepy Brown

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
this isn’t shocking. 3 stacks seems to be content with his legacy and doesn’t want to do it anymore. As much as I would like a final OutKast album… his happiness is more important. Besides OutKast has already given the world many classics.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
He said the fans calling him the GOAT and the pressure that was being put on him to drop an official solo made him anxious. He told Rick Rubin that he started feeling like he couldn't deliver on that and ran out of things to talk about.

Dude is a true artist, so he wasn't going to drop something just for the sake of it. But I think if people hadn't put all those expectations on him, we probably would've gotten more records. But he got f*cked up emotionally over continuing, and if you really care about what you put out, that will definitely keep you from getting in the booth. So I can see why he walked away. He's left more than enough classic work for us to always dig into though.

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
The crazy thing is that these guys have been in it for 30 years and if they released an album today, with legit production, shiit would sell like crazy/be met with absolute universal acclaim and fanfare.

Cuz its not like these two guys are anywhere NEAR larry holmes status and still can present a mean pen game and sellout major arenas on a year long tour go with said potential if it came down to it (and sold out never night i would bet, cuz peeps still want to hear their old catalogue as well).

Kast gotta know they are one of the most coveted duos in music history.

It's a real real waste for sure.

But if your hearts not in it... what can you do.

:cheers: Great fckin’ post

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Saw a big boi and sleepy show maybe five or six years ago…was dope as shyt, if they have to be the ones to hold down the OutKast legacy so be it

Wonder if 3stacks would turn down the Super Bowl

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
They didn’t have a big fallin out

Jive pressured them to do shyt .. vs letting them do them like laface did

How they did big with his sir lucious album

That was the last draw from Dre

How u gone shelve one member who had Grammy nominated songs

For the album

Because u want Dre to drop first

Then when big moves on u remove every song big has two songs with Dre sir lucious

N he has to start over

Dre jus got burnt out from the politics

Day time n Late nite tv used them for hey ya n big didn’t really shine on his side

Hey brought in ratings

Than when Dre sat down for idlewild … them daytime n late night shows stopped booking them

them boys always together

Anything big makes Dre ears it and give his input

If he is asked by any of the dungeoneeze he’s there with a 16

He always supporting his nephews nieces cross bamboo and Jordan

Outkast.jpg

Been so long dudes forget about the jive situation

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Saw a big boi and sleepy show maybe five or six years ago…was dope as shyt, if they have to be the ones to hold down the OutKast legacy so be it

Wonder if 3stacks would turn down the Super Bowl

Stacks would turn down the King Of Zamuda if he wasn’t feeling it. He don’t give a fukk lol

I remember the ONLY time Big Boi sounded a lil tight over the situation was all the money he lost out over Andre refusing to tour for Speakerboxx/The Love Below. He said they lost out on MILLIONS of dollars and promoters were offering them stupid amounts of incentives. Andre wouldn’t even do festivals. Its why he apologized to Big on the song Sorry with T.I.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I remember a pic went viral a few years back in Andre performing as outkast at a festival and he was rapping with his back to the crowd because he felt like the crowd wasn’t showing him enough love or something.. hope that’s not part of the reason why :beli: even ice spice gets that treatment until she starts twerking lol..
He was rapping with his back turned because of stage fright.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Outkast was done after stankonia. It was LA Reid that saw the $ in keeping the brand alive.

There was definitely was falling out at one point.

ONP has talked about it. If you read magazine interviews from that era, the shots on Mighty O, when Big got tired and hopped on Pink Matter, the "gillette shyt" comment, you can see multiple times Big was fed up. Big and Dre turned into Big and Killer Mike.

"All I know is Big here, Dre gone, moved on, changed name from Aquemini to Purple Ribbon."

Outkast been on epic for a decade, ain't nothing stopping them from putting out music except Dre.