Nikola Jokic Erasing The Carmelo Anthony Era Appreciation Thread

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
The fukkin irony
My bad...y'all stopped winning your division after Melo left. Better? And the Knicks still advanced further than you guys after the trade. The Jokic era is in year one of actually getting you guys to the playoffs. How that somehow erases Melo making you relevant from his rookie season on makes no sense.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
My bad...y'all stopped winning your division after Melo left. Better? And the Knicks still advanced further than you guys after the trade. The Jokic era is in year one of actually getting you guys to the playoffs. How that somehow erases Melo making you relevant from his rookie season on makes no sense.
2013 we won the division, got a 3 seed and tied our franchise win record btw

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
lol so people do not agree with this because Melo is black and Jokic is white?

Anyways for some reason I want to say Portland is pulling this off in 7 only because I see a bigger story in Lillard.

If Portland win games 2 on the road I am sticking to my pcik.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Yeah my point why are you nikkas so giddy and ready to shyt on Melo, yall not in the finals or no shyt
Show me where I shytted on melo. This thread is full of revisionist non-nuggets fans telling nuggets fans how we should feel about the melo era. If melo was half as good as he’s been made out to be in this thread, getting out of the first round once in 8 years is undeniably a disappointment.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Show me where I shytted on melo. This thread is full of revisionist non-nuggets fans telling nuggets fans how we should feel about the melo era. If melo was half as good as he’s been made out to be in this thread, getting out of the first round once in 8 years is undeniably a disappointment.

Melo got yall 7 playoff appearances to Jokic's 1. In those 7 appearances, only TWICE were the Nuggets upset by a lower seed. Those Nuggets teams were not supposed to beat the Spurs, Lakers or the Timberwolves in Melo's rookie year.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps

The thread title is shytting on Melo, what are you talking about. I dont understand why yall feel so bad about the Melo era, the nuggets wasnt shyt before Melo got there, a only thing nikkas cared about was the jerseys with the skyline. Melo was no lebron or kobe never was and he got is flaws but he did what he could, and put that horrible franchise on his back for years in the tough ass west and he Let yall get a great return for him instead of fukking ghosting yall franchise.I'm not saying yall should have a melo appreciation day but got damn why shyt on him

Daps
Reppin
Denver
The thread title is shytting on Melo, what are you talking about. I dont understand why yall feel so bad about the Melo era, the nuggets wasnt shyt before Melo got there, a only thing nikkas cared about was the jerseys with the skyline. Melo was no lebron or kobe never was and he got is flaws but he did what he could, and put that horrible franchise on his back for years in the tough ass west and he Let yall get a great return for him instead of fukking ghosting yall franchise.I'm not saying yall should have a melo appreciation day but got damn why shyt on him
Did I make the thread? Did you read the second post in the thread?

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
SO you acting like you don't see it every time his name is bring up on tv. If someone tells you something so long, people will eventually believe them. The media tells you how much of a bad teammate he his, even though players have said out there own mouth that he wasn't. The blamed him for what happened to OKC last year and guess what, the same thing happened to OKC this year without him being on the roster. They blamed him for houston's slow start this year, but the team as a whole wasn't playing good. The media said this and fans believed them.

THIS

I made a thread about this.

the media basically ran carmello out the league. just like they did Iverson & others.

I agree with that, but look at some of his teammates in denver. Iverson came to denver and only wanted to score, Jr.smith was and still is a bonehead, nene and keynon martin were good big man, but not enough to take you over the hump. Danthany jones couldn't score if his life depended on it. As you saw the only time melo got past the first round was when he played with Chancey Billiups who is the ideal point guard who understands his role. I agree melo getting out the first round only one time with the nuggets is underachieving, but if they surrounded him with more talent like billiups then bone heads like JR he could've done more.

the difference with the Chauncey team is that they brought in more defenders and had an easier draw in the playoffs. and to billups' credit, he provided stable PG play.

but the '08 team would've got to the WCF if they played the same teams the '09 nuggets went up against.