Nikola Jokic Erasing The Carmelo Anthony Era Appreciation Thread

Daps
:yeshrug: like i said i am weighing the individual talent not what the teams the were on accomplished here*
But breh why the fukk would I as a Nuggets fan making an appreciation thread for an era thats surpassing the one that came before it, care about what Melo did on other NBA teams? His game smooth but his ability to get dispatched in 5 is even smoother

Nikola Jokic:heh:
nikkas really acting like this guy is a rookie or something. He's been on this team while they've been trash. They're succeeding now because they have a squad, not because this guy is some transcendent talent doing it by himself, unlike the guy y'all can't help yourselves but to disrespect.
You in here so big mad that you must be a Melo fan. You not even watching this squad in the playoffs alone if you're saying this kind of stupdness. And the Knicks had a better record than the Nuggets?:picard: You in here hating so hard you can't see reality. You think the team is good in spite of Jokic not because of him:mjlol:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
But breh why the fukk would I as a Nuggets fan making an appreciation thread for an era thats surpassing the one that came before it, care about what Melo did on other NBA teams? His game smooth but his ability to get dispatched in 5 is even smoother

You in here so big mad that you must be a Melo fan. You not even watching this squad in the playoffs alone if you're saying this kind of stupdness. And the Knicks had a better record than the Nuggets?:picard: You in here hating so hard you can't see reality. You think the team is good in spite of Jokic not because of him:mjlol:
The Knicks got farther in the playoffs than the Nuggets after the trade. Y'all are just getting past the first round this year. Where did I say they're good in spite of Jokic? Quote it. Bold it. I said they're good because they're an actual complete squad and not because they have one transcendent talent. If anyone is mad, it's Nuggets fans so far in their feelings about a dude who left years ago that they have to overrate the dude they have now like scorned exes.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
I'd have to have cared about Jokic in the first place for this to make sense. Nuggets fans "cared" about the alleged huge haul they got for Melo that supposedly crippled the Knicks. What did they do with that huge haul? Absolutely nothing. The trash ass Knicks had more success after that trade than the Nuggets. Jokic has gotten them to the playoffs for the first time in his four year career. This is the first time they've advanced this far since trading Melo. So again, crab ass nikkas are predictable. I remember them "caring" about Danillo Gallinari too:mjlol:
You cared enough about him to come into this thread in your feelings about how much other people cared about him.

And the knicks did not have more success after the melo trade :bryan:they were out there missing playoffs in the east

Last edited:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Melo wasn’t surrounded by scrubs lol.

Context will always clue you in to what is being said.

Surrounded by scrubs the years he faced those Spurs, Jazz, Mavericks and Clippers teams.

Billups assumes the role of a true point guard, exactly what Melo needed and they glide to the conf finals. Camby and Martin were balling that year.

Passing PGs in Kidd and Felton, Knicks make the second round against a defensively stacked Indiana team.

Daps
The Knicks got farther in the playoffs than the Nuggets after the trade. Y'all are just getting past the first round this year. Where did I say they're good in spite of Jokic? Quote it. Bold it. I said they're good because they're an actual complete squad and not because they have one transcendent talent. If anyone is mad, it's Nuggets fans so far in their feelings about a dude who left years ago that they have to overrate the dude they have now like scorned exes.
Knicks made it to the 2nd round one year, the 1st another and that was it. With Melo in his prime? In the east? The Nuggets went from treadmill loterry team to playoff threat the moment he became a starter. Downplay that all you want but his offensive impact his just as good, if not superior, to Melo. The offense runs through Jokic, but you're always not watching games if you don't see that

And :russ: at the bolded. One of us in this thread in his feelings over Melo and the other is glad the Melo era is just a memory. Melos a millionare, I'm :yeshrug:about his tenure, you're the only one acting scorned in here

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
you should make an appreciation thread & focus on the nuggets now.........but as soon as you make it about hating on melo then it's gonna be about melo because he's still the biggest name attached to the nuggets franchise*

Daps
you should make an appreciation thread & focus on the nuggets now.........but as soon as you make it about hating on melo then it's gonna be about melo because he's still the biggest name attached to the nuggets franchise*
Thats cool and all, but the Melo era Nuggets weren't shyt, it was a wildly forgettable era. Melo made his money, lost, and dipped. Im not mad at him he just never delivered the way he could've, outside of 2009

Karl can't coach, Melo can't adapt, and the team didn't ever do anything. An era worth erasing. If a Hawks fan wanted to make a Trae Young erasing the Joe Johnson era thread then I wouldnt blame them. Yall can have that treadmill shyt and Melos chuck first, questions second offense:hhh:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
You cared enough about him to come into this thread in your feelings about how much other people cared about him.

And the knicks did not have more success after the melo trade :bryan:they were out the missing playoffs in the east
Google's your friend, bruh. The Knicks won the division and were a two seed in Melo's first full season there. Your squad hasn't made the playoffs in any season without Melo until this year. I'm not doing this back and forth if you can't even be bothered to know simple stuff like this, fam. I'm a Knicks fan. I've also been a Melo fan since his Syracuse days. More importantly, I'm a fan of the game and seeing a future first ballot HOFer get disrespected in favor of a dude (who is genuinely talented and fun to watch) who just made his first All Star game and is just now leading his team to something the other guy did every year is not something I'm finna rock with:manny:I'd be shytting on Mavs fans if they were silly enough to crown Porzingas and Doncic while slighting Dirk. Kyle Lowry doesn't deserve Jason Kidd love. Donovan Mitchell shouldn't be mentioned with Dwyane Wade. Let these young nikkas put a decade of work in at least before you force cats to sound like they're hating on them because y'all can't help but to disrespect great players:hubie:

Daps
Google's your friend, bruh. The Knicks won the division and were a two seed in Melo's first full season there. Your squad hasn't made the playoffs in any season without Melo until this year. I'm not doing this back and forth if you can't even be bothered to know simple stuff like this, fam. I'm a Knicks fan. I've also been a Melo fan since his Syracuse days. More importantly, I'm a fan of the game and seeing a future first ballot HOFer get disrespected in favor of a dude (who is genuinely talented and fun to watch) who just made his first All Star game and is just now leading his team to something the other guy did every year is not something I'm finna rock with:manny:I'd be shytting on Mavs fans if they were silly enough to crown Porzingas and Doncic while slighting Dirk. Kyle Lowry doesn't deserve Jason Kidd love. Donovan Mitchell shouldn't be mentioned with Dwyane Wade. Let these young nikkas put a decade of work in at least before you force cats to sound like they're hating on them because y'all can't help but to disrespect great players:hubie:
:pachaha:This is why we have two huge perspective differences. For Nuggets fan that Melo trade was the end of a disappointing era of a top 3 player in franchise history. For Knicks fans, yall got an elite player and brought feeling back to the garden

:ufdup:In a decade this thread won't be needed when Jokic becomes the first player to average more rebounds than hops per game. Joker the truth I'm just tryna bring awareness to TheColi:whew:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:pachaha:This is why we have two huge perspective differences. For Nuggets fan that Melo trade was the end of a disappointing era of a top 3 player in franchise history. For Knicks fans, yall got an elite player and brought feeling back to the garden

:ufdup:In a decade this thread won't be needed when Jokic becomes the first player to average more rebounds than hops per game. Joker the truth I'm just tryna bring awareness to TheColi:whew:
Fam, I'll be the first to say I'm wrong if y'all make some real noise. I'm just saying to let the young gawd cook before we trash a cat who made Denver relevant for the first time in a long time.

Y'all gon put respeck on the Knicks name after this offseason doe....I hope:mjcry:

Daps
Fam, I'll be the first to say I'm wrong if y'all make some real noise. I'm just saying to let the young gawd cook before we trash a cat who made Denver relevant for the first time in a long time.

Y'all gon put respeck on the Knicks name after this offseason doe....I hope:mjcry:
Im indifferent about Melo but I really wasn't tryna make this another Carmelo hate thread:lolbron:. Just disappointing to see such a dominate offensive player, and the guy for your team, underachieve consistently in the first round

:francis:I hope for yall sake the league giftwraps Zion to you. I watched at least 15 Knicks games this season to see how Mudiay is doing and god damn shyts ugly

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
This thread is about Jokic being a better player than Carmelo Anthony. Put Jokic on those Nugget teams, and their NOT beating the Spurs or Lakers in the first round neither.

No it isn't. It's clearly about the success of the team during the Eras in which Melo and then Jokic was the best player. Individual accolades don't play into that discussion no matter how hard you try to change the topic.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
The fukkin irony

Edit: ok I stopped reading after those first couple sentences but I figured I’d give you the benefit of doubt and finish. I feel you on not throwing melo to the bushes. That’s why I said I still have love for him in the second post of this thread.

But that era was a disappointment for nuggets fans. And it’s not all in melo, it’s more on Karl than anyone. But right now Jokic is 24 and Murray is 21 and they’re 3 wins away from equaling the success of that whole era. I know you can feel this as a knicks fan, but nuggets fans haven’t had much reason for optimism in our lifetime.

Last edited:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
No it isn't. It's clearly about the success of the team during the Eras in which Melo and then Jokic was the best player. Individual accolades don't play into that discussion no matter how hard you try to change the topic.

Melo had the Nuggets in the playoffs every year he was out there. This is Jokic's first run after 3 seasons. Nuggets were a laughing stock before Melo was drafted.