giphy.gif

10x All-Star
6x All-NBA
2012-13 Scroing Champ
2003-04 All-Rookie
3x Olympic Gold Medalist
19th All-Time in points
MSG Scoring record

When that bloated Euro gets anywhere close to this, holla at me.

Individual success does not equate to team success. Pretty sure this topic is about the Nuggets as a team.

Daps
giphy.gif

10x All-Star
6x All-NBA
2012-13 Scroing Champ
2003-04 All-Rookie
3x Olympic Gold Medalist
19th All-Time in points
MSG Scoring record

When that bloated Euro gets anywhere close to this, holla at me.
Couldnt care less what Melo did as a Knick, like I've already said his greatest value as a Nugget came by fleecing the Knicks. Coli hates on the superior offensive player in James Harden but props up tunnel vision Melo:patrice:

Three of the accolades you listed relate to scoring, how does that work out for him in April and May?

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Bro yall nikkas be on this site tryna defend Melo like he your youngest son

The same standard nikkas hold Russ, Harden, shyt even PG too isn’t applied to Melo

It’s ok for us to admit Melo isn’t the nikka we thought he was, he was nice but wasn’t moving the needle on that level
It’s okay to Melo is overrated trash. He is a lazy fat bum .

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
Do share what trick the media used to make sure Melo got out the first round once in 8 seasons
SO you acting like you don't see it every time his name is bring up on tv. If someone tells you something so long, people will eventually believe them. The media tells you how much of a bad teammate he his, even though players have said out there own mouth that he wasn't. The blamed him for what happened to OKC last year and guess what, the same thing happened to OKC this year without him being on the roster. They blamed him for houston's slow start this year, but the team as a whole wasn't playing good. The media said this and fans believed them.

Daps
SO you acting like you don't see it every time his name is bring up on tv. If someone tells you something so long, people will eventually believe them. The media tells you how much of a bad teammate he his, even though players have said out there own mouth that he wasn't. The blamed him for what happened to OKC last year and guess what, the same thing happened to OKC this year without him being on the roster. They blamed him for houston's slow start this year, but the team as a whole wasn't playing good. The media said this and fans believed them.
Nothing you said is wrong but this thread is only about Denver Carmelo, a top 5 regular season player. I dont think Melos a bad teammate the way the media paints him, but hes also not making anyone better. Denver Melo had highlights but outside of getting done in by Kobe in the WCF, there aren't that many highs

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I loved the Melo era especially when it overlapped with the Billups era. I think what’s going on right now has the potential to be pretty special especially if we can keep the young core together and they can stay healthy.

If Michael Porter can overcome his back problems your team is going to be scary.

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
Nothing you said is wrong but this thread is only about Denver Carmelo, a top 5 regular season player. I dont think Melos a bad teammate the way the media paints him, but hes also not making anyone better. Denver Melo had highlights but outside of getting done in by Kobe in the WCF, there aren't that many highs
I agree with that, but look at some of his teammates in denver. Iverson came to denver and only wanted to score, Jr.smith was and still is a bonehead, nene and keynon martin were good big man, but not enough to take you over the hump. Danthany jones couldn't score if his life depended on it. As you saw the only time melo got past the first round was when he played with Chancey Billiups who is the ideal point guard who understands his role. I agree melo getting out the first round only one time with the nuggets is underachieving, but if they surrounded him with more talent like billiups then bone heads like JR he could've done more.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Ya'll falling for the media trick, stop clowning melo on his career where 99 percent of nba players don't have the career he had.

Social media started it, then them white boys with the analytics told us melo was a bad player. Then the media piled on. Don’t help that he black and kinda of a hood nikka They probably couldn’t wait to get melo the f outta here, not like melo helped his situation either.

Damn shame , they got dudes thinking melo was Felipe Lopez or something.

Hope he is a little appreciated as a great player one day

Daps
I agree with that, but look at some of his teammates in denver. Iverson came to denver and only wanted to score, Jr.smith was and still is a bonehead, nene and keynon martin were good big man, but not enough to take you over the hump. Danthany jones couldn't score if his life depended on it. As you saw the only time melo got past the first round was when he played with Chancey Billiups who is the ideal point guard who understands his role. I agree melo getting out the first round only one time with the nuggets is underachieving, but if they surrounded him with more talent like billiups then bone heads like JR he could've done more.
I agree with you breh and you're hitting on my main gripe, Carmelo is an elite NBA player who underachieved consistently because he wanted his. When he was young it was dope, he had highlight plays every damn game and his hops :banderas: but then Melo never changed. Added more to his offense, but it was the same story every season. Melo could get 40 easy, and he wanted the 40.

Jokic is a 7 foot blob that can't jump, doesn't acore flashily, but he can still get you 40. Except he doesn't want the 40. If he needs to he will, but he's just out there hooping. He and Melo are both next level offensive superstars but in the exact opposite ways. This Nuggets team looks nice, and is nice, but they're overachieving young guns who are only here because the offense is Jokic. Since hes been the starter he hasnt missed any extended periods of time but without him this current Nuggets team is an 8th seed at best

George Karl more to blame for those Nugget flameouts than Melo, but its still all apart of that era. Those 2000s squads were cool and all, beat not making the playoffs, but who really wants to remember an era of losing in 5 in the 1st round every year:pachaha:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
As a nuggets fan fukk a Melo :mjlol:

Nuggets should've beaten LA in the WCF...then this nikka gets "hurt"