NFL Week 5: What have we learned

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yes, he has the most bowls in coaching history like I said man, carte blance for life. nikkas off the 85 bears still royalty in that city and that was 40 years ago off of one bowl:bryan:
Dude has been to 12 super bowls with 9 of them as the head guy. Has anyone else even been to 5?

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn qb play has been abysmal. Like beyond terrible

Most of these games are unwatchable.

Damb russell wilson is ass. He plays like a rookie qb.

Even as a eagles fan, im happy for the bengals for righting the ship. They look legit today.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Dude has been to 12 super bowls with 9 of them as the head guy. Has anyone else even been to 5?

And it wasn't ALL Brady. Brady the goat for sure but we all just watched Beast Mode interview so it should be fresh in our minds that the defense sealed that game, which Butler said they had drilled that exact play so he knew what to look for. Thats coaching. Dude is a sociopathic a$$hole I'm sure, but he got you crazy results for 20 years. If he wants to fukk off for 5 it is what it is imo :yeshrug: ya'll already been to 10 super bowls in the past 20 breh.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Lions have only played two good teams (KC and Seattle), and when they played KC, Kelce and Chris Jones were out and they only won by a point because Toney couldn’t catch.
Panthers only team they faced with losing record

Lions have been killed by injuries all year. Every team has them. Get out of here :camby:

premier58

All Star
Daps
And it wasn't ALL Brady. Brady the goat for sure but we all just watched Beast Mode interview so it should be fresh in our minds that the defense sealed that game, which Butler said they had drilled that exact play so he knew what to look for. Thats coaching. Dude is a sociopathic a$$hole I'm sure, but he got you crazy results for 20 years. If he wants to fukk off for 5 it is what it is imo :yeshrug: ya'll already been to 10 super bowls in the past 20 breh.
If Brady doesnt throw 2 td in the 4th qtr, they have no lead to protect. Also, how about that terrible defense on the drive before the half where Russell went like 80 yards in about 35 sec

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
So he has the right to dump players when the want raises and discard them like trash, despite their resume, yet the same rules dont apply fo him?
Are we talking about Belichick the Coach or Belichick the GM? It is important to keep the two separate.

Spare the sarcasm, breh. The point is no one cares about coordinator shyt unless its to hype up BB. I never heard or hear about Mike Holmgren getting praised for the 55 pt masterpiece as the SF OC in 1989. Never hear of Seifert stifling Marino in the SB following the greatest QB season, ever. Nor how he as DC, held the Bengals and MVP Boomer Esiason to 9 pts. Its also funny how Belichicks headcoaching failures dont matter, but his success as a defensive coordinator, somehow does. So where is all the talk of Norv Turner being an offensive mastermind? Mike Martz won a ring as an OC and architected a revolutionary offense. Who talks about him? Buddy Ryan did the same thing defensively? How often is he brung up?? Spags has three SB rings(including shutting down the 07 Pats), dominating the 4th qtr vs SF in SB 54 and one more for good measure. So apparently his stint in STL as HC shouldnt count.because he was a made man as a DC prior, right? We shouldnt criticize Josh McDaniels for his current Las Vegas stint because he already has 3 rings as an OC, right? Apparently he is above criticism.

The only reason I brought up his accomplishments as DC is because people were asking what his defenses did w/o Brady.
Most of his HC career has been with Brady, or the post-Brady Pats. What are we supposed to evaluate him on?

The initial argument is flawed anyway, why should we ignore that the Patriots had great defensive years/performances with him as HC just because Brady was there?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
If Brady doesnt throw 2 td in the 4th qtr, they have no lead to protect. Also, how about that terrible defense on the drive before the half where Russell went like 80 yards in about 35 sec

Breh what part aren't you getting in that I'm going to give both of them credit :dwillhuh: He couldn't have did it without Brady saving his ass and Brady got bailed out by that defense at times as well. It was a mutually beneficial relationship.

We can play hypotheticals forever but the facts is he got 6 championship wins. He most likely has pull there until he decides to leave, no one is going to fire him. It would look asinine.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Are we talking about Belichick the Coach or Belichick the GM? It is important to keep the two separate.

The only reason I brought up his accomplishments as DC is because people were asking what his defenses did w/o Brady.
Most of his HC career has been with Brady, or the post-Brady Pats. What are we supposed to evaluate him on?

The initial argument is flawed anyway, why should we ignore that the Patriots had great defensive years/performances with him as HC just because Brady was there?
Ok I see what youre saying, but many excellent defenses have become footnotes because the QB didnt get the job done. See the 2000 Titans, 2006 Ravens, 2006 Bears, the 2001 Steelers, the 93-97 Steelers. Look at those Chiefs teams with DT, Neil Smith, Dale Carter etc who were elite, but never even sniffed a SB. The Bills in 99 were elite, but Rob Johnson wasted that defenses with an weak performance in the playoffs at Tennessee

premier58

All Star
Daps
Breh what part aren't you getting in that I'm going to give both of them credit :dwillhuh: He couldn't have did it without Brady saving his ass and Brady got bailed out by that defense at times as well. It was a mutually beneficial relationship.

We can play hypotheticals forever but the facts is he got 6 championship wins. He most likely has pull there until he decides to leave, no one is going to fire him. It would look asinine.
Ok. Whoever said they didnt both deserve credit? But one attempted to sabotage the other and forced him out, while the other didnt.