NFL Week 5: What have we learned

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Let me know when Norv Turner, Josh McDaniels, Bud Carson, Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel, George Seifert, Steve Spagnuolo make the HOF for having multiple championships as coordinators. Also explain to me why coordinators leave contenders and champions to become head coaches of shytty franchises ie Holmgren from SF to GB, Reid from GB to Philly, Crennel from NE to Cleveland, Saleh from SF to NYJ, Ryans from SF to Houston etc. Also let me know when Buddy Ryan, Monte Kiffin and Jim Johnson make the HOF. 3 of the most revered coordinators in NFL history. Does anyone care that Mike Martz won a ring as an OC? What about Jim Caldwell? What about Ken Whisenhunt or Bruce Arians? Or Dave Wannstedt? Or Marvin Lewis? No one even cares about Mike Shanahans ring as an OC and his offense scored 49 pts and his QB a record 6 td passes.

Are you serious? The person I responded to said "what have Belichick's defenses ever done w/o Brady" and "You guys need to give up this Belichick defense force man."
Questioning Belichick as a defensive force is completely asinine.

also, if you want to talk about HOF

To stop the K-Gun offense, defensive coordinator Bill Belichick devised a game plan that is now displayed in the Hall of Fame.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Beating one of the worst playoff teams in history is going to buy Dak and Mike additional time they don’t deserve :mjlol:

But But they won a playoff game :mjlol:

premier58

All Star
Daps
Are you serious? The person I responded to said "what have Belichick's defenses ever done w/o Brady" and "You guys need to give up this Belichick defense force man."
Questioning Belichick as a defensive force is completely asinine.

also, if you want to talk about HOF
This is the point, fam. No one cares about coordinator achievements, unless its to defend Belichick. Its transparent and fraudulent. Why are you posting that HOF gameplan as if its not common knowledge? Who isnt aware of that? Also, the offense for the NYG was the reason it worked. They held the ball for 40 minutes, yet it took a missed FG to narrowly escape with a win. It was unique and masterful in terms of bemding and dont breaking, but it was far from dominant. Wanna see domination defensive performances? See SB 12, SB 18, SB 19, SB 20, SB 22, SB 23, SB 27, SB 35, SB 37, SB 48, SB 50, SB 55, etc. Is that SB 25 gameplan better than any of those aforementioned because of some HOF designation. Especially how that same offense got done worse in their 3 subsequent Superbowl performances?? So Dan Quinn humiliating Peyton Manning's all time leading scoring offense wasnt greater.because its not in the HOF?? Monte Kiffins defense allowed 14 pts, recording 5 ints with three for td. Is that not more impresive than what the NYG did in SB 25?

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
This is the point, fam. No one cares about coordinator achievements, unless its to defend Belichick. Its transparent and fraudulent. Why are you posting that HOF gameplan as if its not common knowledge? Who isnt aware of that? Also, the offense for the NYG was the reason it worked. They held the ball for 40 minutes, yet it took a missed FG to narrowly escape with a win. It was unique and masterful in terms of bemding and dont breaking, but it was far from dominant. Wanna see domination defensive performances? See SB 12, SB 18, SB 19, SB 20, SB 22, SB 23, SB 27, SB 35, SB 37, SB 48, SB 50, SB 55, etc. Is that SB 25 gameplan better than any of those aforementioned because of some HOF designation. Especially how that same offense got done worse in their 3 subsequent Superbowl performances?? So Dan Quinn humiliating Peyton Manning's all time leading scoring offense wasnt greater.because its not in the HOF?? Monte Kiffins defense allowed 14 pts, recording 5 ints with three for td. Is that not more impresive than what the NYG did in SB 25?

You're the one who brought up the HOF. I'm just pointing out that something Belichick did as a defensive coordinator is in there + that he was considered a defensive force before linking up with Brady.

It's crazy that I have to defend Belichick vs Patriots fans. Just because you guys are mad your franchise is going back to being ass, like it was before he got there.

:hubie:You're right. Belichick is trash, he cheated during spygate and deflategate was real!

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You're the one who brought up the HOF. I'm just pointing out that something Belichick did as a defensive coordinator is in there + that he was considered a defensive force before linking up with Brady.

It's crazy that I have to defend Belichick vs Patriots fans. Just because you guys are mad your franchise is going back to being ass, like it was before he got there.

:hubie:You're right. Belichick is trash, he cheated during spygate and deflategate was real!

Patriots fans spoiled as shyt. He with the help of Brady mind you, won 6. 6!!!!! fukking ships. He should have carte blanche to do whatever the fukk he wants with with that team until he dies. You know what most teams would do for one ship and they got 6 of them shyts in several decades :dead: madness

premier58

All Star
Daps

Spare the sarcasm, breh. The point is no one cares about coordinator shyt unless its to hype up BB. I never heard or hear about Mike Holmgren getting praised for the 55 pt masterpiece as the SF OC in 1989. Never hear of Seifert stifling Marino in the SB following the greatest QB season, ever. Nor how he as DC, held the Bengals and MVP Boomer Esiason to 9 pts. Its also funny how Belichicks headcoaching failures dont matter, but his success as a defensive coordinator, somehow does. So where is all the talk of Norv Turner being an offensive mastermind? Mike Martz won a ring as an OC and architected a revolutionary offense. Who talks about him? Buddy Ryan did the same thing defensively? How often is he brung up?? Spags has three SB rings(including shutting down the 07 Pats), dominating the 4th qtr vs SF in SB 54 and one more for good measure. So apparently his stint in STL as HC shouldnt count.because he was a made man as a DC prior, right? We shouldnt criticize Josh McDaniels for his current Las Vegas stint because he already has 3 rings as an OC, right? Apparently he is above criticism.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Patriots fans spoiled as shyt. He with the help of Brady mind you, won 6. 6!!!!! fukking ships. He should have carte blanche to do whatever the fukk he wants with with that team until he dies. You know what most teams would do for one ship and they got 6 of them shyts in several decades :dead: madness
So he has the right to dump players when the want raises and discard them like trash, despite their resume, yet the same rules dont apply fo him?

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Parcells called them spoiled 15 years ago :manny:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
So he has the right to dump players when the want raises and discard them like trash, despite their resume, yet the same rules dont apply fo him?

Yes, he has the most bowls in coaching history like I said man, carte blance for life. nikkas off the 85 bears still royalty in that city and that was 40 years ago off of one bowl:bryan: