NFL Week 5: What have we learned

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I didn’t say it was “cheating”. I’m quoting Kyle Shanahan and he called it a “cheat” motion. It’s a grey area that isn’t being called right now but I’m sure there are teams submitting tape to the nfl’s competition committee about it.

So it’s the motion guy getting a running start?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The league going have to review this cfl cheat motion that the Cowboys just scored on. Dolphins been exploiting it this season, 9ers, Rams been doing it and now the Cowboys just scored on it.
Not the same thing. If i recall correctly in the Cfl you can literally get a whole head start running toward the LOS before the ball snapped…wouldnt even call it motion

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t say it was “cheating”. I’m quoting Kyle Shanahan and he called it a “cheat” motion. It’s a grey area that isn’t being called right now but I’m sure there are teams submitting tape to the nfl’s competition committee about it.

Yeah that shyt getting banned next year

It makes Tyreek Hill literally impossible to defend. He’s always running full speed at the snap.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Belichick had 2 rings as a DC before he ever coached the Pats.

I'd agree that he isn't great at building offenses, not being able to do better than Newton/Jones is a problem. I don't see why you guys want to shyt on him just because he couldn't keep a legendary run going after the last pieces left.
They lost Gronkowski around that time too. It’s kinda hard to replace those guys. Cam did a solid job given his circumstances, but the receivers were certified ass just like they were the year before with Brady. Then Cam got Covid and was never really right after that. Everyone has to hit the reset button at some point if they stick around long term. Popovich went through a rebuild in San Antonio, Riley hit the reset button a few times with the Heat, Tom Landry saw the cowboys fall off. The fins spent ages trying to rebuild the defense and running game under Shula.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
They lost Gronkowski around that time too. It’s kinda hard to replace those guys. Cam did a solid job given his circumstances, but the receivers were certified ass just like they were the year before with Brady. Then Cam got Covid and was never really right after that. Everyone has to hit the reset button at some point if they stick around long term. Popovich went through a rebuild in San Antonio, Riley hit the reset button a few times with the Heat, Tom Landry saw the cowboys fall off. The fins spent ages trying to rebuild the defense and running game under Shula.

Exactly. Brady left (at least partially) because he wasn't winning anything there and ran off to a Bucs team that had defense + is so loaded with WR talent people are talking spicy about Baker Mayfield.

Are we going to pretend Belichick wouldn't be winning if he ran to a talented team too? If Brady stayed / Belichick left the Pats still would've been mid.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Belichick had 2 rings as a DC before he ever coached the Pats.

I'd agree that he isn't great at building offenses, not being able to do better than Newton/Jones is a problem. I don't see why you guys want to shyt on him just because he couldn't keep a legendary run going after the last pieces left.
Let me know when Norv Turner, Josh McDaniels, Bud Carson, Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel, George Seifert, Steve Spagnuolo make the HOF for having multiple championships as coordinators. Also explain to me why coordinators leave contenders and champions to become head coaches of shytty franchises ie Holmgren from SF to GB, Reid from GB to Philly, Crennel from NE to Cleveland, Saleh from SF to NYJ, Ryans from SF to Houston etc. Also let me know when Buddy Ryan, Monte Kiffin and Jim Johnson make the HOF. 3 of the most revered coordinators in NFL history. Does anyone care that Mike Martz won a ring as an OC? What about Jim Caldwell? What about Ken Whisenhunt or Bruce Arians? Or Dave Wannstedt? Or Marvin Lewis? No one even cares about Mike Shanahans ring as an OC and his offense scored 49 pts and his QB a record 6 td passes.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Only 3 of those teams had winning records (Vikings, Giants and Jaguars). Not impressed. Two of those wins came against us, and one of them they only won by a single point. Two more of those wins came against a mediocre Packers team. They might make the playoffs, but they’re not Super Bowl contenders.
NFC is not loaded this year. Lions have a good chance to make a nice run. Plus they schedule is light so home field turf might be in their favor

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
NFC is not loaded this year. Lions have a good chance to make a nice run. Plus they schedule is light so home field turf might be in their favor
I don’t see them being a threat to SF or Philly. Their next couple of games should be interesting though. Bucs (still a good defense) and Ravens (schizo ass team).

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Stop betting on Bills & Ravens. Eagles & 49ers are far and away the best teams in the league.
Kansas City? And don’t mention how they play teams close. That’s been pretty much Kansas City this entire Mahomes run. They’re below average against the spread. They just win and make the plays when they need to.