NFL Week 5: What have we learned

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
they closed last season winning 8/10 games, that team is legit
Only 3 of those teams had winning records (Vikings, Giants and Jaguars). Not impressed. Two of those wins came against us, and one of them they only won by a single point. Two more of those wins came against a mediocre Packers team. They might make the playoffs, but they’re not Super Bowl contenders.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas do this every season. You play who’s on your schedule. If they were 1-4 they’d be trash. But they 4-1 so they haven’t played anybody. Either you winning games or you ain’t.
yeah, every win in the NFL you got to earn and play to your own teams standard. any given sunday is for real in this league, you can’t let up.

I love this Lions team, that offense is loaded

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
Like I said last week, not worried about the Steelers or the Bengals. Both will be fine and right there for the AFCN in the end. Speaking of the game in Pittsburgh...the less said about it, the better, far as I'm concerned.

Going back to Thursday, that was just bad from the Commanders. Rivera's probably officially on the clock now. Not sure if Howell can be the guy, but he's starting to build a case.

Sounds crazy, but might be time for the Patriots to reboot. Beli's apparently lost his touch, Jones ain't it, and they looked like they gave up today.

Debated taking Bijan Robinson for my main fantasy squad, but glad I did. :whew:

Somehow you just knew that game was gonna end exactly like it did for the Vikings. :palm:

Finally got a good one for SNF. No idea how it's gonna go but should be fun. The hot takes tomorrow might be even more entertaining, though.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
nikkas do this every season. You play who’s on your schedule. If they were 1-4 they’d be trash. But they 4-1 so they haven’t played anybody. Either you winning games or you ain’t.
Minnesota finished 13-4 last season. Did people really think they were contenders?

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Minnesota finished 13-4 last season. Did people really think they were contenders?

are the lions winning all their games by 1 score or are they blowing out bad teams like a good team is supposed to do?

they clearly look like a top team this year. even with big time injuries, they're still winning games convincingly.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The game situation changes so much if Bateman catches that TD and that punt doesn't get blocked that it's irrelevant

It's a total team loss

And still 3-2, a lot of season left to determine if lamar is legitimately trash, making that determination today isn't a fair assessment, it's an emotional one

My biggest takeaway is the offense stl looks the same. Guess the new OC is stuck with Harbaugh's playbook :dead:

Harbaugh has to go if they disappoint again.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
yeah, every win in the NFL you got to earn and play to your own teams standard. any given sunday is for real in this league, you can’t let up.

I love this Lions team, that offense is loaded
It's amazing how people fail to comprehend this, there's never a Alabama vs Delta State situation on sundays :pachaha: Every win is earned, even the dregs of the league will smack you upside the head if you come out slacking.

are the lions winning all their games by 1 score or are they blowing out bad teams like a good team is supposed to do?

they clearly look like a top team this year. even with big time injuries, they're still winning games convincingly.
Detroit dominates both sides of the LOS, that's a classic sign of a team that can compete with anybody on any field.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
They could have went 4-13 or 8-9, they get some credit for turning up on the winning end more often than not. This lions team is different also, honestly they should be 5-0. Again at the end of the day you either winning games or you not. If they were 1-4 you’d be like they trash but since they are 4-1 they still are trash?

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
They won a Super Bowl in a year where Brady led the pats offense to 29 points across 3 playoff games & in the aforementioned Super Bowl Brady led the pats offense to maybe 265 yards of offense, 13 points, and was 0-10 on third down. He won a second Super Bowl leading the offense to just 13 points 17 years later (all other quarterbacks are I think 0-25 when leading their offense to 13 points or less in the Super Bowl). They won a Super Bowl where he didn’t complete a pass beyond the line of scrimmage the final 26 minutes of the game. The 2014 squad I think gave up 1 4th quarter touchdown after midseason. They won 11 games in a year with Matt Cassell at qb. They won 14 games in a year where the offense did the following:

The offense that year was 19th in points per drive and 22nd in yards per drive. In fact I think he had just 3 seasons where the pats and buccaneers defense wasn’t in the top 10 in points allowed per drive. Let’s not act like he was carrying teams when he consistently had the best defenses and the best starting field position among great quarterbacks too.

This invalidates Belichick doing all the heavy lifting he did how? Let’s not act like they have a quarterback either on top of the bills and dolphins being good now so those wins aren’t as easy to come by anymore.

Brady didn’t really have to do anything impressive in the postseason for Tampa either when they won it all. They got to face a team with a losing record in the wild card game. He had a pair of sub 10 yard fields and a 35 yard field on touchdown drives vs New Orleans with a totally finished Brees. In the nfc title game he tossed 3 picks vs Green Bay, the refs ignored a super obvious pass interference on a buccaneers interception, and the packers coach basically threw the game. Then in the Super Bowl he had maybe 200 passing yards and threw for I think 70 yards through the air while the defense gave up 9 points.

Lmao yall still on this 🤣

Talking about the defense did the heavy lifting - yeah cuz this man Bill hates spending money on offense and couldn't draft offense if his life depended on it :pachaha: ! The Pats had no weapons on offense. So of course Brady's stats wouldnt look good! Belichick's best WR draft picks were Deion Branch and Julian Edelman. That's over a span of 22 years :dead:

What have Belichick's defenses done without Brady? 5-11 in 2000, 25-30 since he left, and like 36-44 in Clevelsnd.

And you're talking about Brady didn't do anything impressive in Tampa in the postseason

the offense averaged 30 points in that playoff run :dead:

Brady went to a ready made stacked team. They had Evans, Godwin, brought in Antonio, and had a high end defense. Y'all act like he went to the Browns and took them to the promised land.

Those Patriot teams were built on defense and that's on Beli not Brady. He deserves his credit but everyone is eager to kick him while he's down. Now it's Brady who made him. They both owe their success to each other.

Beli is just past his prime and has a bum at QB but let's not act like that man wasn't a mastermind with defense. I'm one of the biggest Patriot haters alive but y'all gotta stop rewriting history.
Plenty of loaded teams don't win Super bowls my guy. And Tampa still had to score a lot the first three rounds.

And if Beli is the GOAT coach why did he sabotage Mac Jones? This fool gave him a defensive coordinator to be his OC 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Even Bernie Kosar didn't like this man 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bledsoe was better before and after him as well.

You guys need to give up this Belichick defense force man. It's old.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Achane >>>>>

Stat line be 3 carries, 120 yards, and 2 TD's in the first half. He's averaging 12 a carry. He's Bo Jackson on Tecmo Bowl brought to life:wow:
Hes not better than Breece and Bijan. It aint about an at the moment stat line.