New York City Is Turning Into Abu Dhabi

meth68

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
ny= the place people move to after highschool /college to pretend to be something they're not

Then when they realize this and make it and become wise to taxes and living expenses they move to NJ :ufdup: and still claim they are NY :ohlawd: and talk shyt about NJ being "NY's parking lot" :demonic:

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
I grew up wanting to go there. Now I could care less. It's fun to visit (I just went last month) but, I swear the minute I came back home, I forgot it existed. My chick has some deluded fantasy about moving there. I was with it but, I'm having second thoughts. She's 22, so its expected. I just turned 26 so I'm over the NYC thing. You can have a palace here (Philly) for what they pay for a regular 2 bedroom up there. Fukk that.

How much more could you care less? A LOT more? Or just a little?

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I experienced the opposite, an ocean front view in the projects.

tumblr_m7b5xwzfgC1r1tiqco1_500.jpg

This is a picture I took years ago from the window of the apartment I was residing in during my 2 year stay in one of the numerous low income neighborhoods of Far Rockaway. Its a view from my window that I would wake up to everyday. It was the perfect example of the “yin yang." The top of the picture represents nature while the bottom represents that which is man made. I found it ironic that the housing projects I was living in was a not so attractive cliche of every ghetto in America, meanwhile just a few feet away was one of the most beautifulest visuals I have ever seen in my life. Its the property owners who benefit from the revolving door system that is involved in low income housing. This picture captures the perfect duality between man and the unknown. God and money, two of the biggest motivating factors in this world.
:wow:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I experienced the opposite, an ocean front view in the projects.

tumblr_m7b5xwzfgC1r1tiqco1_500.jpg

This is a picture I took years ago from the window of the apartment I was residing in during my 2 year stay in one of the numerous low income neighborhoods of Far Rockaway. Its a view from my window that I would wake up to everyday. It was the perfect example of the “yin yang." The top of the picture represents nature while the bottom represents that which is man made. I found it ironic that the housing projects I was living in was a not so attractive cliche of every ghetto in America, meanwhile just a few feet away was one of the most beautifulest visuals I have ever seen in my life. Its the property owners who benefit from the revolving door system that is involved in low income housing. This picture captures the perfect duality between man and the unknown. God and money, two of the biggest motivating factors in this world.
i guess a rep for trying to get deep about your location.

but

nyc is the most overrated place on planet earth, probably in the Mulitverse. I gave it 3 chances:camby:

Daps
Reppin
VOID
:snoop: and live completely autonomous from the people who have lived there for generations.
Dude...let me tell you something I saw on Monday.

So after work, I head over to my favorite bar on Myrtle to meet up with some friends for some drinks. Me and a couple of my homies are just standing outside having a cigarette. They all go in as I'm finishing up my smoke...

So then this white chick walks down the sidewalk as I'm flicking the ash off my cig...we make eye contact and she rolls her at me like really just digusting meanlike. Then this mexican dude is walking down the sidewalk in her direction with a guitar case over his shoulder and she just bumps really hard into him on purpose with her left shoulder and walks past like nothing happened

It was so fukking disgusting racist...I was in disbelief in how racist it was.

That's why I don't like these transplant types anymore...they go into black and brown neighbohoods for the cheap prices and treated the people who live there and have lived there for ages like garbage. They need to go back to Klan Kounty USA where they came from and stop disrespecting this city and it's residents.

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude...let me tell you something I saw on Monday.

So after work, I head over to my favorite bar on Myrtle to meet up with some friends for some drinks. Me and a couple of my homies are just standing outside having a cigarette. They all go in as I'm finishing up my smoke...

So then this white chick walks down the sidewalk as I'm flicking the ash off my cig...we make eye contact and she rolls her at me like really just digusting meanlike. Then this mexican dude is walking down the sidewalk in her direction with a guitar case over his shoulder and she just bumps really hard into him on purpose with her left shoulder and walks past like nothing happened

It was so fukking disgusting racist...I was in disbelief in how racist it was.

That's why I don't like these transplant types anymore...they go into black and brown neighbohoods for the cheap prices and treated the people who live there and have lived there for ages like garbage. They need to go back to Klan Kounty USA where they came from and stop disrespecting this city and it's residents.
use one example to stereotype a whole set of people brehs

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Young Black professionals are moving into those gentrified Areas as well. It's not just whites
From my perspective there really aren't that many young black professionals moving here....The majority of them are female...not that many young black professional men moving into NYC. They're all outnumbered by all the whites and asians that move here.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
use one example to stereotype a whole set of people brehs

dawg...most of these white hipsters don't give two fukks about people of color...

I can go into Greenpoint right now and get throughly treated like a criminal and a leper cause I'm black...but NYC is a liberal non-racist multicultural utopia right? Everytime I go there I either have white women clutching their purses or white people rushing to get to the other side of the street when they see me walking towards them on the sidewalk. The richie rich white yuppie areas are the MOST racist areas in the city...especially for blacks. Like, they don't even want us there. Their demeanor and body language says it all.

I actually hate Greenpoint more than any other neighborhood in this city and that's saying much...

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i guess a rep for trying to get deep about your location.

but

nyc is the most overrated place on planet earth, probably in the Mulitverse. I gave it 3 chances:camby:

:stopitslime:

Its the greatest city in the world. The only thing I've seen close to NYC in terms of nightlife action is Las Vegas. Those are the only 2. NYC is the entertainment capital. Saying NYC is overrated is a cliche because its not. Too much entertainment money is spent here for such nonsense talk. There are other parts of NY state that have different variety. U want a cheap house? They exist in NY state. They have farms in NY state. The city is hustle and bustle and looked down on by those who just cant keep up. People who move at a slower pace could adapt in different areas of NY state tho.