According to Noam Chomsky, New York City is the richest city in the world, but…

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Same, I would much rather a condo. I was going to buy something in Riverdale and didn't because it's all co-ops. Cooperatives and their boards can spike your monthly payments on a whim, "Oh, we decided to build a new age landscape in the the back of the complex. Your maintenance fee is $500 more a month now." :martin:

Oh hell nah. But i assume its like a HOA thing?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
My initial post simply stated that the mother of a college friend bought a million dollar condo and/ or co-op.
I wouldn't asked a thing if that's all you said. If you didn't follow up with
And yall wonder why I be going so hard. Who you think them kids are???
Then I would have just :hubie:

But anyway, get your college degree and you can live in NYC too, is clearly the moral of this story. :hubie:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Before you laugh , why dont you use google to see what he used to write?
:mjlol: Why would I need google when I already own his books in hard copy? I was briefly a linguistics major (his original field of study).

But anyway, get your college degree be an academic superstar, the kind that gets recruited like an athlete and flewed out, get a scholarship to an Ivy, and you can live in NYC too, is clearly the moral of this story. :hubie:
:mjlol:

Daps
Noam Chomsky?

OP is about to heel turn again and hate on Kamala and em :dead:

Bookmark this post
not at all. i can agree with chomsky, acknowledge the complicity of democrats in the economic stratification of our society, and still recognize the moral imperative of stopping a nazi from returning to the white house.

:unimpressed:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
That stat seems old when is that statistic from? 1988? :dahell:

Children's poverty is 19% and overall poverty is 23%

Its much worse upstate in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse the children's poverty is 40-45% some of the worst in the nation

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Same, I would much rather a condo. I was going to buy something in Riverdale and didn't because it's all co-ops. Cooperatives and their boards can spike your monthly payments on a whim, "Oh, we decided to build a new age landscape in the the back of the complex. Your maintenance fee is $500 more a month now." :martin:
Those co-ops in Riverdale are mid

I've known two people that own units

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t know. 40 percent seems kinda high for a city with 8 million people

The wealth disparity in NYC when I was growing up was mostly in Manhattan

If you met a white kid from Manhattan there was a decent chance he was well off

The outer boroughs[im from Queens] didn’t have many rich people aside from a few areas here and there

It was more blue collar/ working class

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
But Coli heads jumped me when I said that only 10% of all adults living in NYC make over $100k. These Coli heads say everyone is making 6 figures and I must go,away when I pointed out that a lot of,grown folks not even making $60k

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I just looked it up. NYC's poverty rate is 23% and children's poverty rate in NYC is 25%.

So that Chomsky claim is false. The poverty rate needs to be lower in general though.