NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I agree breh, me personally, I hope, and I know it's business, but I hope the NBA works out deals with NBC(they were better than ABC), TNT, and ESPN of course.

But I don't want to have to have Amazon or Apple to watch the NBA, and the NBA is my favorite sport
Well get ready. At the minimum you'll need Peacock, and the Knicks are damn near ready to stream their stuff that way too.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
@FAH1223 @K-Apps refresh my memory when can other networks like NBC, Amazon, etc.. start negotiating with the NBA?

I believe ESPN and TNT exclusive negotiating window expires sometime in Spring 2024. NBA will definitely let it expire as I doubt either Disney and WBD will overpay to keep their current deal

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

That makes sense, Apple will only want the NBA if they have the whole entire national rights across the board.

and the league wouldn't necessarily want their Finals exclusively through Apple, so I don't even know how Apple woulda worked exclusively with the league (streaming services' lifeblood is having exclusive shyt)

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
With Apple news, @Anerdyblackguy time to update the thread title to

NBA is seeking $75B for next TV package (Up from $24B): Disney (ESPN/ABC), Warner Bros Discovery (TNT), Comcast (NBC), & Amazon interested

Sports TV clarified, Apple definitely wants global rights for sure. I guess they could get a package similar to their MLB deal:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
So you're tired of a sports channel having sports content?
No, I'm tired of a sports channel doing the bare minimum in favor of shows talk shows.

You got four channels you can use them for something else, they'll do that ish with the quickness for college football.