WNBA’s media rights deals set league up to receive $2.2 billion over next 11 years

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
I'm looking at what every other sport is receiving on the open market..... Wasn't MLS deal more than this from Apple? I find it hard to believe WNBA couldn't get more than $2.2B considering it's current popularity and future growth prospects.. They should be negotiating separately.
Its more fans and viewers for the MLS in general, add in the fact players like Messi come there to play n such (Like Ibrahimovic and David Beckham etc.) its just a more attractive product

Belize King

All Star
Daps
angel-reese-kysre-gondrezick.gif

No chance of their OF jumping off now.
:to::mjcry:
:martin:

Lex218

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder if this deal was forced upon networks as part of the bigger NBA deal that was just signed as a contingency.
:jbhmm:
The NBA negotiated the WNBA’s new deals during its just-completed rights talks, where it reached an agreement with Disney, NBC and Amazon on an 11-year, approximately $75 billion set of contracts. The WNBA’s national media rights agreements are with those companies as well; ESPN, NBC and Amazon will all have their own WNBA packages.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I find it hard to believe that the WNBA could have negotiated the deal on their own while getting market value when they’ve literally been on social media over the years complaining about the NBA not stepping in to help them out in certain aspects.