WNBA’s media rights deals set league up to receive $2.2 billion over next 11 years

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I'm looking at what every other sport is receiving on the open market..... Wasn't MLS deal more than this from Apple? I find it hard to believe WNBA couldn't get more than $2.2B considering it's current popularity and growth prospects..
If they could have, don't you think the NBA would have done so considering that they're going to take a cut from the deal?

I just find it hard to believe that the NBA would be all about getting every penny from the NBA, but not the WNBA.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im guessing Adam Silvers goofy ass signed off on this. Ladies,never let a homosexual negotiate on your behalf. They dont want the best for you,they want to BE YOU!

11 years from now these idiots will realize they sold Amazon stock for pennies. These networks got fleeced by the NBA though. Its peaked and the decline is coming. So i guess in the end it will all even out. WNBA will be at least worth a billion a year in the next few years. By year 5 it could easily overtake the nba domestically:respect:

Last edited:

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
They 4x the previous deal

If the Sky or Fever chip in the next 3 years, before the opt out, hold on to your hat

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If they could have, don't you think the NBA would have done so considering that they're going to take a cut from the deal?

Silver could have gotten more from the "A" package for the NBA but never pressed ESPN because he wants to be a Disney executive. I don't put anything past him...

Yes, they could have gotten more because I saw other leagues with less popularity and potential get more.