NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I think Peacock does have most of their major sporting events in HDR. I prefer watching SNF on Peacock because the colors definitely pop more even if it's on a streaming delay.

Yup and same with TNF for Amazon. The colors definitely look more vibrant. Hopefully some of the bigger games or playoffs get a 4k option

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I hate when people mention the total of the deal. Give us the annual so that we easily can compare with with what’s in place right now.

230m per year per team is what it is. But question is, why 11 years? Seems desperate in times of inflation. 230’ in 11 years might be a 100m in 2024 values for all we know.

But with this size I assume that they’ll buy some swaps to hedge against inflation but it won’t be cheap.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
What about the match rights and the inevitability that this was going to court?
From the looks of it...it seems like WBD didn't really want to match that price at the end of the day so the whole matching rights thing doesn't seem to be much a factor

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I was wrong, Silver hit the number, but I think it's dumb as fukk at the same time on both parts. The partners gotta get a return on that money. The NBA chopped up the season smaller, sold higher, with declining viewership in the regular season.

Buyer's remorse is a real threat with this deal, maybe not for NBC if they figure out how to slot the schedules right, but for Amazon? Absolutely it can happen. Streamers don't believe in the sunk cost fallacy like networks do if the viewership numbers don't justify it.
nikka shut the fukk up lol.... You clearly don't know shyt about shyt just babbling :mjlol:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Kinda checked out, so we getting less non pay wall streaming games?