NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Peacock started off as strictly an app to watch the office to having wwe, NFL and nba. :damn:
NBC will have the streaming rights of WWE content till 2026, but if they renew it before Netflix gets their hands on it :wow:
Ain't the UFC streaming rights up, too? I could see them landing on Peacock if they leave ESPN.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

Does this nikka think that Warner has no idea what's been happening throughout these discussion and just waited until today to start engaging with the mechanics of these negotiations :russ:

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Does this nikka think that Warner has no idea what's been happening throughout these discussion and just waited until today to start engaging with the mechanics of these negotiations :russ:

You misunderstand, the holdup for weeks has been the whole “matching rights” issue with WBD. This could’ve been done weeks ago if WBD bowed out and accepted that they are out fully. Clear there is a legal standoff waiting and the NBA smartly is waiting until after the Finals to announce the deal. WBD could find a way to match as unlikely as it is for the B package:manny:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Semi related.

If the NBA does end up putting more of its games on national TV/streaming... it might actually force these cable TV networks to actually deliver tv shows to get people to tune in.

Look at how Direct TV imploded when they lost Sunday Ticket....TNT was effectively propped up by the NBA season, and now they're going to have to figure something out cause AEW isn't enough to hold them above water

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Rumors even with that merger they will be looking to sell stuff off, even CBS. The merger doesnt fix the issue Paramount had, which was it was losing money. They gonna have to sell stuff off.
Yeah, but at the end of the day, Shari Redstone had to get what she wants. The re-merger of Paramount never made sense as both companies were doing fine separately, so at the end of the day, they merge for no reason really. I guess either Byron Allen or Tyler Perry will have a easier time trying to get the BET Media Group.

calh45

Cal
Daps
nikka shut the fukk up lol.... You clearly don't know shyt about shyt just babbling :mjlol:

All you had to do was declare you one of those cats who rides Silver's lap regardless of what happens and I wouldn't have bothered responding to you. Keep riding Skeletor and I hope you get the happy ending you're looking for, but you should know your level of thirstiness ain't healthy. He's not gonna claim you.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I was wrong, Silver hit the number, but I think it's dumb as fukk at the same time on both parts. The partners gotta get a return on that money. The NBA chopped up the season smaller, sold higher, with declining viewership in the regular season.

Buyer's remorse is a real threat with this deal, maybe not for NBC if they figure out how to slot the schedules right, but for Amazon? Absolutely it can happen. Streamers don't believe in the sunk cost fallacy like networks do if the viewership numbers don't justify it.

NOPE

YOURE GONNA HAVE TO TUNE
INTO AMAZON JUST TO SEE
THE PLAY IN GAMES,
CERTAIN PLAYOFF GAMES AND
CONFERENCE FINALS EVERY OTHER YR.

THIS IS HUGE FOR THEM.

:devil:
:evil:

calh45

Cal
Daps

NOPE

YOURE GONNA HAVE TO TUNE
INTO AMAZON JUST TO SEE
THE PLAY IN GAMES,
CERTAIN PLAYOFF GAMES AND
CONFERENCE FINALS EVERY OTHER YR.

THIS IS HUGE FOR THEM.

Streamers are all about events so I can't argue the benefit of playoffs, that's exactly why they'd do this deal, but you genuinely think Amazon will just accept the regular season being a throw away to casuals for the next decade?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Streamers are all about events so I can't argue the benefit of playoffs, that's exactly why they'd do this deal, but you genuinely think Amazon will just accept the regular season being a throw away to casuals for the next decade?
Nope and that's the why the midseason tournament was created in the first place.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

THEY HAVE THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
THE IN SEASON TOURNEY,
THE PLAY IN,
PLAYOFFS AND CONFERENCE FINALS.

THEYLL ACCEPT THE REGULAR SEASON
FOR THAT.