NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I hate when people mention the total of the deal. Give us the annual so that we easily can compare with with what’s in place right now.

230m per year per team is what it is. But question is, why 11 years? Seems desperate in times of inflation. 230’ in 11 years might be a 100m in 2024 values for all we know.

But with this size I assume that they’ll buy some swaps to hedge against inflation but it won’t be cheap.
11 years equals stability. And I would imagine that number goes up with the expected addition of Vegas and Seattle (i.e. more games to televise).

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Its really crazy how the government lets these large corporations play with monopoly money. None of these companies have this cash liquid and are all in billions of debt.

The little guy loses again watching this unfold. Banks tell you cant get approved for this loan or a house or a car

But

Disney is so far in debt it would take hundreds of years to repay :dead: theyll be billions in debt our entire life span :dead:

They dont have the money for this at all.

When does the government come in and say to Disney its time to stop borrowing on hopes and dreams

I mean we all know we all dont play on an even
playing field when it comes to acquiring wealth but this is getting out of hand when it comes to these large corporations