NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
the equivalent would be like Pedro Martinez on TBS/MLB Network or Frank Thomas on FOX shyttin on baseball players and not knowing who they are.

The closest guy to this is Smoltz, who's basically the spiritual successor to Tim McGarver

You knw.. it's obvious but idk why I never viewed it like that..

Can't have your own show shyt on the talent.

That's why they got rid of Van Gundy

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So whats the possibility of NBC hiring Van Gundy and Mark Jackson to be part of their PBP team next year. Buy Breen out of his ESPN contract and get the big 3 back together

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Entertaining at the expense of the game is worthless. The show ends, but the NBA lives on with the toxic atmosphere They played a role in fostering .

Not a single sport outside of the NBA had characters of this nature, tearing down its sport and its players every week
They don't spend the show shytting on players at halftime they break down what they are seeing..

Shaq and Charles are annoying sometimes in their opinions on shyt but most of the time they just breakdown the games with Kenny runnin to the board

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
So whats the possibility of NBC hiring Van Gundy and Mark Jackson to be part of their PBP team next year. Buy Breen out of his ESPN contract and get the big 3 back together
Van Gundy and Jackson could very well sign, but Breen's gonna stay where the Finals will still be.

Mike Tirico getting those spots. Maybe Noah Eagle levels up and gets the other team.

The big loss is gonna be losing Ian Eagle & Kevin Harlan

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Van Gundy and Jackson could very well sign, but Breen's gonna stay where the Finals will still be.

Mike Tirico getting those spots. Maybe Noah Eagle levels up and gets the other team.

The big loss is gonna be losing Ian Eagle & Kevin Harlan
Yup

Amazon will scoop them up I think

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
the equivalent would be like Pedro Martinez on TBS/MLB Network or Frank Thomas on FOX shyttin on baseball players and not knowing who they are.

The closest guy to this is Smoltz, who's basically the spiritual successor to Tim McCarver
I dont understand how people are ok with two dudes who perform zero homework on the league besides the game they’re covering. Nothing more powerful than an idiot, NBA, Fan saying “even Barkley said…” and it’s something negative. That hurts the NBA. Get that toxic shyt off the TV.

NYC Rebel

Daps
They don't spend the show shytting on players at halftime they break down what they are seeing..

Shaq and Charles are annoying sometimes in their opinions on shyt but most of the time they just breakdown the games with Kenny runnin to the board
They don’t know shyt beyond covering the actual game that’s on. The worst thing the league needs is its fans cosigning negativity about to leagie from one of them. Get them guys off the air. They contribute to the toxic and retarded nature of how the sport as discussed. The NBA deserves better.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I dont understand how people are ok with two dudes who perform zero homework on the league besides the game they’re covering. Nothing more powerful than an idiot, NBA, Fan saying “even Barkley said…” and it’s something negative. That hurts the NBA. Get that toxic shyt off the TV.
It's mad funny that why

Shaq and Charles are funny with that shyt

There is only one Charles.

He annoys the shyt outta me too on certain shyt but he also makes me laugh. He has that appeal

Shaq is annoying too but him and Charles have that dynamic

Its hard to quantify and almost impossible to duplicate

concise

Veteran
Daps
I can't understand how he so Heauxmotional

Can't take jabs..

Always talks about his rings and this stupid G14 clearance.. like stfu..

Keeping it a buck.. he does have his benefits.. he's the reason they carryon like that.. but when he gets defensive it just fukks up the flow

Shaq is the definition of a dude who can crack on everybody gets highly offended at almost anyone saying anything back.

NYC Rebel

Daps
It's mad funny that why

Shaq and Charles are funny with that shyt

There is only one Charles.

He annoys the shyt outta me too on certain shyt but he also makes me laugh. He has that appeal

Shaq is annoying too but him and Charles have that dynamic

Its hard to quantify and almost impossible to duplicate
And everything you said does nothing for the NBA.

It does for them, not the NBA. I don’t see how they are a value add to the league, and you have not expressed that..

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
And everything you said does nothing for the NBA.

It does for them, not the NBA. I don’t see how they are a value add to the league, and you have not expressed that..
Because people love the show dog

THAT's the value in it!

:mindblown:

Thats why they keeping winning Emmys

I told you when certain shyt works on TV it just works...

Sometimes there is no valid reason why it just works!