NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Call me nuts, and this is just a theory I came up with, but I wouldn't be surprised if TNT kept them together as a sports/media show like a weekly combination of Sportscenter and First Take.

I still think they'd get the views if they timed it up with the half time of games and Zaslav would be snake enough to propose it.

.....there's also the idea that Chuck goes down with the ship because of his love of Ernie. I don't think him retiring is out of the question yet.
without highlights? They would need to buy a NBA rights package to show highlights and I doubt WBD would do it.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
For all of those who say that NBC can just pick up Chuck, Shaq and Kenny and do their own show there- I dont see NBC letting Chuck and Shaq get their type of jokes that they do back and forth on their air. Sadly, this show is over after next season.

concise

Veteran
Daps
You literally had Barkley telling fans not to watch NBA games two years ago. You had Shaq apologizing for talking poorly about a player he never watched and not knowing his game.

This is good for the NBA if you ask me. Get people who are serious about the sport not this crap with two c00ns being chummy uncles

Can't forget those "Who he play for" segments

and I also remember some years back, the Knicks were really bad and they got blown out, might have been against the KG era Celtics ... they were laughing about never having to see them on the channel again. Never heard anything like that on an NFL broadcast.