Most black doctors are women

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
working in the medical field is seen as feminine and getting a doctorate in theology looks like a scammer

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
In addition to more black male Drs, we should encourage young men to go into research. A lot of y'all brothers on here are highly intelligent,I would love to these theories on bigger stage

America only encourages black males to be physical comoddities. Id be intrested to see the number of programs focused on empowering black males, because on the surface most of the empowerment programs i see pander to black females (i use pander because its usually all sensationalism and targeting emotions).

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
This board is the most retarded community on all the internet.

NO shyt MORE DOCTORS WOULD BE BLACK WOMEN THAN BLACK MEN. WHAT BLACK MAN YOU KNOW HAS THE PRIVELAGE OF NOT HAVING TO MAKE MONEY FOR 10 GOD DAMN YEARS? :snoop:

Last edited:

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana

NO shyt MORE DOCTORS WOULD BE BLACK WOMEN THAN BLACK MEN. WHAT BLACK MAN YOU KNOW HAS THE PRIVELAGE OF NOT HAVING TO MAKE MONEY GOT 10 YEARS? :snoop:

This:russ::russ::russ:

I had to work the entire time I was in college and then went to work a week after clinicals so my checks could overlap

:wow:

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
The path to a medical career begin academically in grade school.

Yet, most of the references in this thread are related to the choices of black men and black women --
rather than questioning how we are not preparing black boys in comparison to black girls.

Are black men ever black boys, or are we just little adults coming out of the womb, expected to be prepared
for life and white supremacy from the get go? Nurturing and rearing be damned.

There was a book years ago about black boys in Chicago titled "There Are No Children Here."

51xLxpdmVQL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
like the prison pipeline. Like I said.

But you don't want to accept this reasoning. Is it because you feel that comparing black female success to black male success would have a huge asterisk next to it? Do you think black boys are inherently more criminal? Obviously, black women aren't being handed anything like white people are. Black women earn each and every one of those doctorates, that's not what is being argued here. We're discussing why black males who come from the exact same environments and cultures aren't becoming doctors at the same rate. And a huge part of that is black boys are targeted and groomed for prison.

It's like people need to feel like they something on equal footing with everybody. We can say black women are achieving and say that black boy are targeted for prison at the same time. Nobody is accusing black women of being handed anything.
Black girls are actually targeted for prison as well. Blk children are disproportionately targeted for punitive disciplinary practices period.

What differs for black boys and girls is expectations and a school system that is uniquely anti-male energy. Boys move more than girls and need to be more active. This isn't a bad thing and a seasoned teacher will leverage this vitality and dynamic brain energy to create BEAST mode little boys.
But ya see apart of my job is to literally teach pre-service teachers. Every semester, at dozens of education prep programs, I see classes filled with nothing but WHITE FEMALES.
White females are primarily the largest demographic of instructors in America. They are also single-handedly responsible for the school to prison pipeline due to their cultural incongruity with black children and their hang ups with particularly male children. They are also primarily responsible for black male boys being funneled into terminal Special Education programs.

These brand spanking new PAWGs that blk boys are socially conditioned to love, enter into the schools, encounter an active young black boy, doesn't know the first thing about culturally responsive instruction, or positive behavior support and armed with her preconceived notions of thugs and black dysfunctionality, the FIRST thing she does is send these young black boys straight to the office or refer him for special education testing.

Black females can be just as susceptible to these issues and many are. I've seen young blk females literally get suspended for shyt like rolling their eyes, while a white student could literally EXPLODE and blank on the principal and be untouchable.

But blk shyt gets real for black females at a younger age than black males in a lot of cases. Pregnancy, sexual abuse, being told you fast or slutty---potential biological pitfalls mean that girls mature sooner. Thus a lot of black girls start being about their shyt academically while a lot of young blk boys are still aspiring to be their favorite basketball player. Many blk girls view education as an escape and many blk boys view it as a prison.

It doesn't help that the lack of black male role models means many black boys end up having nothing but athletes and hip hop artists to look up to and emulate. And a very sad game is being played in the psyche of black men. They grow up wanting to be like these artists but many of these artists aren't even the way they are paid to be in entertainment. Many are unaware of how educated a LOT of blk male hip hop artists are and how these artists are paid to play a role. So the industry fools millions of young blk boys to be anti-intellectual, anti-education, pro-drugs, pro-violence, pro-anything white female. And then these same artists are alive and kicking, chilling safe and sound while their young blk male fans who follow up there nonsense reap the negative consequences of the lifestyles they were brainwashed into: early death, dropout rates, gang violence, unemployment.

Young blk females get brainwashed by toxic female figures as well. But toxic femininity doesn't have the same immediate mortality as toxic masculinity. The former is more of a slow, subtle poison that leaves a black female wondering why her emulation of the hoe life didn't get her the same privileges as Cardi B. The latter is far more immediate for black males b/c it results in behaviors that are answered with immediate violence like getting shot b/c you wanted to be about "that life" like young whoever claims to be.

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps

NO shyt MORE DOCTORS WOULD BE BLACK WOMEN THAN BLACK MEN. WHAT BLACK MAN YOU KNOW HAS THE PRIVELAGE OF NOT HAVING TO MAKE MONEY FOR 10 GOD DAMN YEARS? :snoop:

Student loans and residency money. I lived in section 8 neighborhoods during medical school.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
In addition to more black male Drs, we should encourage young men to go into research. A lot of y'all brothers on here are highly intelligent,I would love to these theories on bigger stage
Even before that we need more black male teachers.
Imagine sitting on a hiring committee, LITERALLY wanting to fill a school with nothing but blk males (b/c when I go to provide consultation services to principals in urban settings that's the FIRST recommendation I make btw).

Now imagine sitting in front of candidates for WEEKS. Pouring through resume after resume after resume and seeing nothing but

Rebecca Perry
Caitlin Smith
Samantha Goodwin
Tori Reyes
Kelsey Price

People have no clue.
Hell I'll take it up a notch. Imagine being on hiring committees at the university! Trying to hire for professor positions. It's even worse!

Schools need more blk males at every level. I've literally told black males to run summer camps.

It's INSTANT money, no overhead costs, and parents will pay. A lot of cities have schools that provide free breakfast and lunch. So you could literally run a basketball camp and make BANK with like 13 kids for a month over the summer doing nothing but literally training some boys and playing basketball. shyt you were gonna do for free anyway!

Opportunities are out there but there are lots of factors as to why they aren't being taken advantage of.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Lower the tuition rates for all levels of schooling FOR ALL PEOPLE, and gotta be better teaching it to a masculine mindframe.

No one, especially men, are gonna stay in school for 7 years after getting their bachelors living in extreme debt.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Exactly. Lower tuition and residency rates, give them a decent income to live on, and you see more black men in those fieds

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Psychiatrists have people's lives directly in their hands?
Obviously meant medical doctor and related specialities. Like the type to be involved in life saving work

Also like I said I have no interest. I like my current field. I wouldn't mind being a pharmacist or something though.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Make no mistake those are Nigerians not AA. Africans love the medical field, be engineers back home and be an RN in America :mjlol: